Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[WIP] RTE Player for Enigma2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 frank087234

zakalibit wrote: »
    without a crashlog your message is useles

you could suggest a working tv 3 plugin, if you have one

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭zakalibit

you could suggest a working tv 3 plugin, if you have one

to have a working plugin you have to create one and providing a crash log is part of the process.

check /hdd location on your box and see if there is any log files, take the one with a latest timestamp and post it here

• Registered Users Posts: 9 polomora

Just to thanks to all who made this possible.
    Installed the plugin on my Vuplus Duo running OpenPLi.
    Works perfectly here in Belgium - no DNS / IP address spoofing needed.
    Just finished watching the Late Late Toy Show, Mrs Belgium very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

I'll give it a go on dm500hd over the weekend.

I have reworked the rteplayer, removed code duplication, removed regex usage, it is using json format now, I have created a github project where I saved my changes, I hope the author does not mind

https://github.com/zakalibit/e2rteplayer

There is and ipk built for current version in https://github.com/zakalibit/e2rteplayer/tree/master/packages

• Advertisement

there is a small bug, playlist window does no hide on playback start, working on a fix

should be all fixed now

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jjhn

Zardoz wrote: »
    I just cant get it to work ,hair is almost all gone .:(
    I tried so many different images and they all green screened on 1channel and RTE player .
    Python2.6/urllib errors.
    I tried adding extra python sub process files ,changing file attributes but all to no avail.
    I tried manual plugin installs,ipk installs ,installing from TSPanel but all gave the same result.
    I tried the images on my older Dm800 and that caused the same green screen issues ,the only image that 1channel seems to work with is the one I had on it Dream Elite Phoenix 2.

I loaded that Dream Elite Phoenix image onto the newer Dm800 and 1channel works on that but RTE player opens the selected programme but the time stays at 0.00,it wont play.
    So its not a hardware fault with the newer unit,which is only a week old btw.

I thought it could be an ethernet issue so I replaced the wifi with a direct cable to the router but that made no difference.
    Bar it being a modem issue I dont know what more I can do.

Try this,

Copy the folder "rteplayer" using a FTP program (such as FileZilla) to "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/"

Restart Enigma2

Goto plugin section and start RTE Player

What working:
    Video files are playing
    Sections
    Latest Episodes
    Most Popular Episodes
    Episodes by Date

What not working:
    Sections
    Categories
    A to Z

Already tested and working on:
    Icecrypt S3700 Hdmu enigma2
    Vu+ Duo with Openvix 3.0
    Vu+ Solo with Openvix 3.0
    Gigablue Quad Openvix 3.0
    Azbox HD Elite Openrsi 3.0

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jjhn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Just getting a black screen on amiko alien 2 running hyperion v3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Just getting a black screen on amiko alien 2 running hyperion v3

Isnt Hyperion for SH4 boxes ?

OnDemand plugin works for me on a Gigablue UE+ and a VU+Uno (RTE Player/TV3 Player/BBC Player/ITV player in one)

STB wrote: »
    Isnt Hyperion for SH4 boxes ?

OnDemand plugin works for me on a Gigablue UE+ and a VU+Uno (RTE Player/TV3 Player/BBC Player/ITV player in one)

Yeah it is. it was working before but hasn't in a couple of months now. The on demand plugin would be handy but since I can't change my dns settings on my router bbc/itv won't work.

Yeah it is. it was working before but hasn't in a couple of months now. The on demand plugin would be handy but since I can't change my dns settings on my router bbc/itv won't work.

Who is maintaining the ported versions for SH4 boxes ?

Why would you need to change your DNS settings ? It launches TUNLR if receiving a urllib2 (geo)error when attempting to launch the stream afaik.

Why would you need to change your DNS settings ? It uses TUNLR within the application afaik.

I didn't know that! Well it always green screened anytime I tried it before, I assumed that was due to a geoblock and that the plugin didn't know what to do so it would gs. Is rte player working in the on demand plugin so?

I didn't know that! Well it always green screened anytime I tried it before, I assumed that was due to a geoblock and that the plugin didn't know what to do so it would gs. Is rte player working in the on demand plugin so?

Yes. All except 4OD work fine. Its very useful.

Green screens are no doubt dependency issues or possibly that you are running a e2 ipk for mips that the sh4 box cannot satisfy.

(Source: https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/tree/master/OnDemand

Another well written plugin is IPTV List Updater (for live stuff).

Yes. All except 4OD work fine. Its very useful.

Green screens are no doubt dependency issues or possibly that you are running a e2 ipk for mips that the sh4 box cannot satisfy.

(Source: https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/tree/master/OnDemand

Another well written plugin is IPTV List Updater (for live stuff).

Had another search and found out that it won't work on the AA2 as its "not proper enigma2". It doesn't have all the dependencies apparently. :( Back to the drawing board I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Don81

I am in Ireland - rte and 3 player works great for me..Great work. (E2 4.1 Image)
    ITV and BBC are region locked..
    4od give error when trying to load program list!!

Many thanks.
    Don

• Registered Users Posts: 6,512 ✭✭✭deezell

This player now crashing Linux boxes. Previously unnoticed typo in plugin.py, the culprit, a missing ')' before the word 'Gecko'. Thanks to Conor-Mr2 for the fix,

.............So everywhere in the plugin.py file you see the line:
    req.add_header('User-Agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.3 Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3')

You would replace it with
    req.add_header('User-Agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3')......

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

deezell wrote: »
    This player now crashing Linux boxes. Previously unnoticed typo in plugin.py, the culprit, a missing ')' before the word 'Gecko'. Thanks to Conor-Mr2 for the fix,

req.add_header('User-Agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.3 Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3')

req.add_header('User-Agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3')......

Thanks guys, was working fine up to a few weeks ago, then I started getting a 'no workable streams could be found' message on screen - assumed RTE had changed stream source.

PS: should add that I have the OnDemand plugin installed and just manually edited the rteplayer.py and restarted enigma

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

where does the edited file go to?:confused:

• Advertisement

UrbanFret wrote: »
    where does the edited file go to?:confused:

Usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/rteplayer
    Overwrite existing and reboot

Usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/rteplayer
    Overwrite existing and reboot

my path is Usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/ondemand

no such file in there.
    Any ideas?

Well its working now anyway.
    I have rte player in the plugins now instead of on demand.
    Thanks!

UrbanFret wrote: »
    my path is Usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/ondemand

no such file in there.
    Any ideas?

Ondemand is a different plugin . This is a fix for the standalone rteplayer plugin, though i think this is the basis if the rte part of ondemand. Just unzip this below and pop it into extensions, including rteplayer folder and reboot. Go to plugins where it should display rteplayer in the list.EDIT. You've got it going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Ondemand is a different plugin . This is a fix for the standalone rteplayer plugin, though i think this is the basis if the rte part of ondemand. Just unzip this below and pop it into extensions, including rteplayer folder and reboot. Go to plugins where it should display rteplayer in the list.EDIT. You've got it going.

Is this still supposed to be working?

Any time I select a program to watch, I just get the loading animation but it never plays. The remote is unresponsive while its loading and it never comes out of it. I have to reboot at the back of the box.

ZGemma H2S running Wooshbuild.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

I tried it there about an hour ago on a duo2
    It worked ok ( played the stream ) but seemed to take an age to close giving the vix spinner for a good 20 seconds before closing but no crash

I tried it there about an hour ago on a duo2
    It worked ok ( played the stream ) but seemed to take an age to close giving the vix spinner for a good 20 seconds before closing but no crash

Working still on sab triple aka alien 2, closed quickly with a few exit key taps.it's a simple plugin which feeds off the xml rteplayer archive. No compulsory ads or breaks.

Is this still supposed to be working?

Any time I select a program to watch, I just get the loading animation but it never plays. The remote is unresponsive while its loading and it never comes out of it. I have to reboot at the back of the box.

ZGemma H2S running Wooshbuild.

I suspect whooshbuild may not treat the python scripts correctly. I know very little about this image but I read scripts have to be submitted for inclusion in the image. Also something about no ftp support. How did you drop the files into the plugins/ extensions folder. I think you problem lies with the compiled versions included in the zip file. Delete plugin.pyo and the two _ init_ files leaving just plugin.py and the .png file. Reboot and allow the image to compile the files assuming it has a python interpreter compiler on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Working still on sab triple aka alien 2, closed quickly with a few exit key taps.it's a simple plugin which feeds off the xml rteplayer archive. No compulsory ads or breaks.

It doesn't work on Hyerion 5.x on the Aliens though as I think they changed the Gstreamer .
    It loads the Rteplayer plugin but when you select a programme it stays at 00:00.
    They probably use the same updated Gstreamer on the Zgemmas .

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »
    It doesn't work on Hyerion 5.x on the Aliens though as I think they changed the Gstreamer .
    It loads the Rteplayer plugin but when you select a programme it stays at 00:00.
    They probably use the same updated Gstreamer on the Zgemmas .

Built in obsolescence strikes again Z.

Advertisement