Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The life of ridiculously good looking people

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

It can be tough.

Like yesterday i thought they replaced bus stops with mirrors but it turned out to be a calvin klein ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭skyfall2012

It's a lonely place. Damn these beautiful looks of mine:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

9959 wrote: »
    I'm a weak 9/10 myself.

a confident muscular 7.5/10 ...anyone? anyone? anyone!?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Mully_2011

Nothing worse when ya pull a good looking girl and shes ****e in bed

• Registered Users Posts: 16,336 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I've been told I'm a fairly good looking guy but I'm rubbish at starting the initial conversation with a woman.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

I get told all the time by people that i am a goodlooking bloke. Then some other people i know tell me that i have insane delusions and should seek help. Mostly because they tell me that the first subset of people dont exist and are just a product of my deluded imagination. I prefer the first group obviously. Except for the fact that they all live under my bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

EdenHazard wrote: »
    I'm not good with engaging though, like with close people yeah I can talk but when it comes to acquaintance or girls in clubs haven't a clue what to say. Loads of times in a club I'd kiss a girl or whatever but then after that initial stage I wouldn't know what to do haha. Only once have I actually talked to a girl that i met in a club :) real weird when you think of it.

My looks whatever they are is prob my strong point, mixed with being 'nice'. Not like I'm Zac Efron or anything but if a girl was to like me it wouldn't be for my personality I wouldn't say. But then I get down about my looks when I realize they mightn't be enough to save me, its kinda weird. I have a high opinion of myself, but at same time then its like reality hits and I get down(more used to, I'm just not bothered with girls anymore haha) *Sorry going off topic and PI is thatta way!*

I'm above average looking above 6 foot have a nice tan and am fairly well build ( go to the gym) but i have found the niteclub is an awful place to pull women. Music is too loud, and women barely hear what you're saying mate, and most girls are too busy with their friends as well and will not leave them to talk with you. I have met lots of girls on a niteout, but it was before i went on to a niteclub. Lot of men feel like you do, when they meet a girl in club for the first time. Try get her outside early to have a chat! ( can be difficult) Ask her to go for something to eat. Once you get away from the dark the loud music and lots of people in one place, conversation between the two of you will be much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I'm above average looking above 6 foot have a nice tan and am fairly well build ( go to the gym) but i have found the niteclub is an awful place to pull women. Music is too loud, and women barely hear what you're saying mate, and most girls are too busy with their friends as well and will not leave them to talk with you. I have met lots of girls on a niteout, but it was before i went on to a niteclub. Lot of men feel like you do, when they meet a girl in club for the first time. Try get her outside early to have a chat! ( can be difficult) Ask her to go for something to eat. Once you get away from the dark the loud music and lots of people in one place, conversation between the two of you will be much easier.

Supermac's: is there anything it can't do?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

A couple of my exes were stunners and not up themselves, which was nice. The downside of it was, every time (if we were out) I got up to the bar or loo, someone would be trying to chat the lasses up. You could view it as complimentary but it was also a pain in the arse. I was always amused that the guys would try and hide their surprise that nerdy looking me would appear to be punching above my weight :D

The main problem was, in their other previous/later relationships, they tended to attract very possessive guys, the sort who felt they "owned" them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Try get her outside early to have a chat! ( can be difficult) Ask her to go for something to eat. Once you get away from the dark the loud music and lots of people in one place, conversation between the two of you will be much easier.

Roofie alert. ;)

• Advertisement

If you're meeting her for the first time Supermacs will probably do, though i haven't eat in there about three years. Tend to seek out latenight chicken places ( i need the protein)

bohsboy wrote: »
    Roofie alert. ;)

Who do you be meeting:)

old hippy wrote: »
    A couple of my exes were stunners and not up themselves, which was nice. The downside of it was, every time (if we were out) I got up to the bar or loo, someone would be trying to chat the lasses up. You could view it as complimentary but it was also a pain in the arse. I was always amused that the guys would try and hide their surprise that nerdy looking me would appear to be punching above my weight :D

The main problem was, in their other previous/later relationships, they tended to attract very possessive guys, the sort who felt they "owned" them.

I think women not so goodlooking get chatted up just as much as stunners. Its a strange phenomenon women tend to wait to be chatted up by the right man. Men will chat to most girls..

I think women not so goodlooking get chatted up just as much as stunners. Its a strange phenomenon women tend to wait to be chatted up by the right man. Men will chat to most girls..

It's chemistry. And if you're lucky, physics and biology, too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

old hippy wrote: »
    It's chemistry. And if you're lucky, physics and biology, too :)

and maths if you include buying them a drink :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Make edible food?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

I would say I was like this for a while: late twenties now calmed down alot.

Trying to be really honest about how I felt:

I would say I liked the attention, who doesn't like people turning to look at you and thinking you're pretty. You have power over every man in the room and it is a thrill to have any kind of power I'm sure.
    Being told you're good looking all the time can definitely make you slightly bigheaded (about your looks - I'll talk about my personality later)

Negative side, women automatically hate you, you get judged the minute you walk in, women with boyfriends would physically glare at you. Groping - groping by older sleazebags, perving on a young girl. Men calling you a bitch when you sometimes did not want to talk to the fourth man trying to get you into bed that night.
    Knowing men only saw you as something hot and attractive. It's weird to be liked for something that is nothing to do with you really, I didnt do anything special to look liked the way I looked so it all felt very superficial and false.
    As a result of the above I was able to flirt with men but I was extremely shy about getting intimate with men. I thought they were all a bit predatory and all saw me as this sexual plaything. So even though I had a weird kind of confidence about my looks, I had terrible low self esteem about my personality.
    I actually used to think I was terribly boring, and read all these things saying 'looks dont matter, personality counts' and thinking I had a terrible personality and how do you change it. Anyway I was never at ease with myself.
    As Ive got older Ive grown alot more comfortable with myself: I know I have other talents and I let them shine,and that Im a nice person,intelligent person who cares about the world (I would never have had the confidence to say that about myself when I was younger):). I'm actually looking forward to being one of those 70 year olds who doesnt give a feck and lets it all hang out on the beach. Just be comfy with yourself :).

I'm actually looking forward to being one of those 70 year olds who doesnt give a feck and lets it all hang out on the beach. Just be comfy with yourself :).

Indeed. The beach is a great leveller. That said, I wouldn't mind being in my 20s again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

I have a wonderful image of what you may be like in my head.
    My avatar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Madam_X wrote: »
    My avatar?

Change it to Dr Zoidberg and see how much he likes you then.:pac:

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/9000000/Zoidberg-dr-zoidberg-9032706-1024-768.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

I live in a country where the women can be really stunningly beautiful. I'm often fascinated by the reaction of those around them. I react also and find myself staring at them even though I'm a heterosexual woman. I don't feel any envy, mainly because I wouldn't compare myself to someone so completely out of my league. Like comparing my IQ to Einstein's. And it's funny how accustomed to beauty you become and after a while, it becomes fairly mundane. The Spanish are a good-looking nationality generally imo and I wouldn't look twice now at a guy who could easily go into a career in modelling. I'm just thinking, "Meh!" at this stage whereas I walked around with my tongue hanging when I moved there first.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I know a few ridiculously good looking women and maybe one man who falls into that category (as a bloke it's harder for me to say for sure).

I don't really think it makes much of a difference to their personalities as they are all quite different. The one area of their lives which is obviously a little easier is that of finding someone. They have a lot more opportunities than the rest of us. Having said that, most of these women I know are single and the ones who do have boyfriends are not engaged so the difference hasn't necessarily translated into success in that respect either (most of these women want to be married, afaik).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,323 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Good looking people tend to do better in life, not just getting people into bed. Any negativity they get for it is more than compensated for. There was an article on it posted in here somewhere. Maybe the Samantha Brick thread?

Being good looking is definitely going to have an effect on personality, but it doesn't necessarily follow that someone will turn into an overconfident tool because of it. I see it the same way as someone who has a talent, a qualification, a good job or whatever. You can appreciate your advantages without becoming conceited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

How do we define what good looking is in order to measure how better they do? I mean good looking in a model sense or just good looking in that the opposite sex will consider you to be good looking/better looking than average etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

EdenHazard wrote: »
    How do we define what good looking is in order to measure how better they do? I mean good looking in a model sense or just good looking in that the opposite sex will consider you to be good looking/better looking than average etc, if you catch my drift?

If you look like me, then you're good looking.

If you don't, then you may or may not be good looking, I don't really care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

its what matters on the inside, right, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I'm not one for sweeping generalisations but I'd say at least 97% of them are

In my experience, lack of sexual cachet is more likely to make women horrible people. I do know a beautiful woman with an incredible body who has little else going for her but most of the really attractive girls I have known are actually quite lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

I have a few friends who would be considered very good looking and I agree that a lot of women will take an immediate dislike to them. In saying that though I notice these friends looking other women up and down all the time, as if they are comparing themselves to them. They seem to base their worthiness on their looks alone. I also some times feel sorry for them as men do tend to treat them as objects as opposed to actually wanting to get to know them.
    I myself am good looking, pretty but there are pretty, attractive women everywhere. There is a difference between being pretty and being stunning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

hadepsx wrote: »
    its what matters on the inside, right, right?

Yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

I'm lucky enough to know what it's like to be ridiculously good looking.

I read about it in a book once.

Advertisement