Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The life of ridiculously good looking people

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Having to have my face constantly set to Blue Steel. It's not easy but I soldier on.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 circular motion

Madam_X wrote: »
    Any woman I know who is stunningly beautiful encounters unbelievable jealousy and hatred; the assumption that she's gonna be a right bitch.

Probably doesn't stop her from spending hours putting on make up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Beauty is subjective etc etc.

So you are saying yer in bits like a big bag of lego?

Me too :o

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

I find that people think that I am a bit dim, and guys talk down to me because I'm good looking. Also, people presume that I'm no fun, that I'm boring, but I'm fantastic craic (I swear like!!). I'm not shallow, I don't care but people do judge.

Another thing that I find is that guys compliment my looks, but the compliments that I love to get are nothing to do with my looks but are to do with my personality. Tell me I'm funny and I swoon because I know then that the guy isn't shallow and doesn't care about how I look.

I hope that I don't sound vain, because I'm not. I'm a soccer and camogie playing girl, who is tough out and I wouldn't be into spending hours getting ready for a night out. Sorry if this sounds like I'm full of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

Probably doesn't stop her from spending hours putting on make up.

Why should she stop? Should she ugly herself up before going out?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

They probably were not going good looking in the first place, if their looks fade. Looks tend to last if you look after yourself and keep healthy.

Looks fade, I've never seen an attractive 80 year old man or woman, it's the cycle of life, we all lose our looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

How much of a ridiculously good looking woman being a bitch is just down to them turning lots of guys down?

Granted there are of course genuine bitches and woman who think they're really good looking when they're not but I do think some of them get undeserved bad press.

That also has an impact on ego. I was trying to get to the bar in a pub and was asking two girls to move but only got as far as 'excuse me' before one of them said she was not interested. I was there with my girlfriend so I wasn’t about to hit on some randomer blocking the bar. I had to laugh at the assumption I was trying it on with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭scarymoon1

Potatoeman wrote: »
    That also has an impact on ego. I was trying to get to the bar in a pub and was asking two girls to move but only got as far as 'excuse me' before one of them said she was not interested. I was there with my girlfriend so I wasn’t about to hit on some randomer blocking the bar. I had to laugh at the assumption I was trying it on with them.

thats hilarious - you should have said something smart to that girl like no sorry love - your blocking the bar! cant believe the big head on some people lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Jogathon wrote: »
    I find that people think that I am a bit dim, and guys talk down to me because I'm good looking. Also, people presume that I'm no fun, that I'm boring, but I'm fantastic craic (I swear like!!). I'm not shallow, I don't care but people do judge.

Another thing that I find is that guys compliment my looks, but the compliments that I love to get are nothing to do with my looks but are to do with my personality. Tell me I'm funny and I swoon because I know then that the guy isn't shallow and doesn't care about how I look.

I hope that I don't sound vain, because I'm not. I'm a soccer and camogie playing girl, who is tough out and I wouldn't be into spending hours getting ready for a night out. Sorry if this sounds like I'm full of it.

You have great paragraphing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

Potatoeman wrote: »

For some probably, not all.

And maybe it's not ego, let's say rather than hitting on you people are often making fun of you. You'd probably be quite likely to misinterpret some innocent actions as people making fun.

A lot depends on the context also, was she happy to think you we're hitting on her and she turned you down (ego) or was she embarrassed, apologetic or not bothered either way (probably fair enough?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

I think its all down to personality and the way they were brought up. I know lot of pretty girls who're so nice, then you have what i called the "others" just bitchy ignorant girls and if you tried to talk them. They would walk away and not even knowledge you're there.

Hmmm, if it was men the woman could have learned that that's the easiest way to deal with flirting from people they're not interested in. Freindliness is probably misconstrued as flirting back:P

I wonder how good looking women who are "one of the lads" are treated by other women?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Looks fade, I've never seen an attractive 80 year old man or woman, it's the cycle of life, we all lose our looks.

Men and women can still have their looks at 80, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Connery i think he looks fairly well for his age.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

scarymoon1 wrote: »
    thats hilarious - you should have said something smart to that girl like no sorry love - your blocking the bar! cant believe the big head on some people lol

I was confused for a few seconds as I though she was refusing to move then I realised she assumed I was hitting on her. I just replied ‘I’m just trying to get by’ and pushed my way through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Good lucking people have it easy, they dont even have to ask people out everybody just asks them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Where's Eden Hazard when we need someone to talk about the day to day perils of being genuinely ridiculously good looking!?

....I am only joking Eden :D

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

Good lucking people have it easy, they dont even have to ask people out everybody just asks them :(

Not true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

I would consider myself to be a strong 8/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

I just like to give the little people something nice to look at in this destitute and poverty-stricken country. I'm really doing the people a favour

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

How much of a ridiculously good looking woman being a bitch is just down to them turning lots of guys down?

Granted there are of course genuine bitches and woman who think they're really good looking when they're not but I do think some of them get undeserved bad press.

Do you need to be a bitch to turn down a guy? Not sure i understand the logic of that. If hes falling all over you or getting nasty with you then ya you need to put your foot down with him. But you can least acknowledge there is someone who's speaking to you ( for me ignoring will give the impression you're not a very nice person )

Like even you don't find him attractive, he make actually be an interesting person to get to know, once you talk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

It really wouldn't be that bad. Sure people will look, but that's very easily got used to, and it's not like anyone's going to throw themselves upon him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

• Registered Users Posts: 16,336 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

In my last job I worked with a woman who was really good looking, she was sound as a pound.

Being a bitch or a c**t is more to do with generally just being a tool than anything to do with looks I think.

I think whats worse is people who actually think they are great looking when in reality they would be average at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,336 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Tom_Cruise wrote: »

But Tom you are only 5ft6"

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wuzziwig

I know a few gorgeous girls who have zero self confidence. I don't know what they see in the mirror but it isn't how beautiful they are. I also know one or two woofters who think they are God's gift. Seriously deluded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Cungi

72 year old woman. Still hot
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raquel_Welch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭scarymoon1

Cungi wrote: »
    72 year old woman. Still hot
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raquel_Welch

with the help of plastic surgery

• Registered Users Posts: 6,680 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

They have no personality because they rely soly on their looks for free drinks, top jobs, superficial friends etc, they never needed to develop their personalities so a lot of them are dumb idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

They have no personality because they rely soly on their looks for free drinks, top jobs, superficial friends etc, they never needed to develop their personalities so a lot of them are dumb idiots.

Nice generalising there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Tom_Cruise wrote: »

I'm a weak 9/10 myself.

Advertisement