Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The life of ridiculously good looking people

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Jake1 wrote: »
    True dat! its a cross we have to bear right madam x ? ;)
    Lol, I can scrub up ok with eye make-up but without it, totally average looking.
    Probably doesn't stop her from spending hours putting on make up.
    Nah she doesnt need to. If she does put on a bit of make-up she goes from beautiful to breath-taking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Cungi

scarymoon1 wrote: »
    with the help of plastic surgery

She says she hasnt. Whether that's true or not is another thing.
    I'd still tap it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Madam_X wrote: »
    Lol, I can scrub up ok with eye make-up but without it, totally average looking.

I have a wonderful image of what you may be like in my head.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

A friend of mine is goodlooking. Can see all the women looking at him when in his company. I'd say it feels great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭scwazrh

My missus is a pure knock out but doesn't realise it.I on the other hand am a white version of shrek.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I always get people gawping at me, i just assumed its because of the whole no pants rule i live by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

everytime i walk by the mirror or see my reflection i practice my Bluesteel™

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

scwazrh wrote: »
    My missus is a pure knock out but doesn't realise it.I on the other hand am a white version of shrek.

Well you better not tell her or your days with her could be numbered:D

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭RossyG

If you want to know what it's like to be good looking then stand next to me. In comparison you'll look like George Clooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

It's a burden I've learned to live with. We all have our cross to bear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

It's not that bad really, you just get used to it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Are you stunningly good looking or have any close friends who are.

One of my sisters is particularly good looking. She has graced the pages of many a newspaper and magazine (constantly snapped on social pages on nights out).

She has also dated a few famous Irish guys and went out with a famous UK footballer.

Don't know if anyone knows that Facebook page where random Irish beauties are put up on it...I can't remember what it's called but her picture was up in the top 8. It was kind of freaky as she didn't even know it existed until one of her friends randomly happened upon it.

My sister has had many a drink sent over to her in bars from strangers. She gets complimented constantly and knows pretty much every so-called 'celeb' in Ireland and further afield. Seriously, you wouldn't believe who she is friends with, I won't name any names though.

So yeah, she has a good life!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

^ Hey, it's the ugly Seoige sister...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

I imagine it's that bit more annoying having to think about getting older, if you have fantastic looks then you have more to lose as they fade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Haha, no not a Seoige sister!! My sister isn't famous for what she does-I was only saying that she gets her photo snapped a lot for publications because she is v.goodlooking. And she does hang out with a bunch of models etc too. That probably helps her case!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Madam_X wrote: »
    Any woman I know who is stunningly beautiful encounters unbelievable jealousy and hatred; the assumption that she's gonna be a right bitch.

Yeah this.

Went to school with a really, really ridiculously good-looking girl and it didn't matter that she was an absolute sweetheart with a heart of gold too; most people had made their minds up about her before they'd even met her.

Didn't help that she was naturally quite confident, positive, ambitious and outgoing too - a lot of folk assumed it to be an up-her-own-arseyness when it reality she was just really smart and talented and happened to know what she wanted in life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

I imagine it's that bit more annoying having to think about getting older, if you have fantastic looks then you have more to lose as they fade.

True. Glad I'm fugly.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Well I'm someone who gets loads of girls thinking im cute but I'm never interested in the ones who think that, but more than most of my mates I get good looking compliments from girls. I still get down about my looks despite these compliments and I presume for the proper good looking they are constantly looking for validation of their looks but its never truly found(because like in my case maybe they want and expect someone they hold in higher esteem giving them that ego boost)...like my circumstance, but on a much better looking scale. Only my presumption, I can't relate to 'socially accepted' great looks. Maybe when your that good looking, the ones who you are interested in have the same opinion of you as the ones you think your hot but have no interest in. It be cool to experience for a day but with lads I think its harder to have a benchmark of what very good looking is, especially in Ireland. Most lads I know who pull hot girls aren't particularly great looking at all. But even still would be nice to go to a club and know you will pull if you want.

Where's Eden Hazard when we need someone to talk about the day to day perils of being genuinely ridiculously good looking!?

....I am only joking Eden :D

Haha I didn't even see this before posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Well I'm someone who gets loads of girls thinking im cute but I'm never interested in the ones who think that, but more than most of my mates I get good looking compliments from girls. I still get down about my looks despite these compliments and I presume for the proper good looking they are constantly looking for validation of their looks but its never truly found...like my circumstance, but on a much better looking scale. Only my presumption, I can't relate to 'socially accepted' great looks. Maybe when your that good looking, the ones who you are interested in have the same opinion of you as the ones you think your hot but have no interest in.

Have yoy seriously gotten down about your looks? For a man it matters less than for a woman. It really doesnt matter unless you have a good sense of humor and can hold s conversation.

• Advertisement

I'm not good with engaging though, like with close people yeah I can talk but when it comes to acquaintance or girls in clubs haven't a clue what to say. Loads of times in a club I'd kiss a girl or whatever but then after that initial stage I wouldn't know what to do haha. Only once have I actually talked to a girl that i met in a club :) real weird when you think of it.

My looks whatever they are is prob my strong point, mixed with being 'nice'. Not like I'm Zac Efron or anything but if a girl was to like me it wouldn't be for my personality I wouldn't say. But then I get down about my looks when I realize they mightn't be enough to save me, its kinda weird. I have a high opinion of myself, but at same time then its like reality hits and I get down(more used to, I'm just not bothered with girls anymore haha) *Sorry going off topic and PI is thatta way!*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I'm not good with engaging though, like with close people yeah I can talk but when it comes to acquaintance or girls in clubs haven't a clue what to say. Loads of times in a club I'd kiss a girl or whatever but then after that initial stage I wouldn't know what to do haha. Only once have I actually talked to a girl that i met in a club :) real weird when you think of it.

My looks whatever they are is prob my strong point, mixed with being 'nice'. Not like I'm Zac Efron or anything but if a girl was to like me it wouldn't be for my personality I wouldn't say. But then I get down about my looks when I realize they mightn't be enough to save me, its kinda weird. I have a high opinion of myself, but at same time then its like reality hits and I get down(more used to, I'm just not bothered with girls anymore haha) *Sorry going off topic and PI is thatta way!*

If they've met you then that's the hard part over. Doesn;t matter what you say aftee that, you've already pulled. Just don't think about it too much and youre grand :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The mammy says I'm handsome

A shame she's the only women in Ireland who says so :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

I do get a lot of looks myself. It's something that I didn't realise for a good while but now I see it happen quite a bit. I'm a messed up person on the inside though so can't have it all the one way!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I'm not one for sweeping generalisations but I'd say at least 97% of them are

I have found this to be true in the past. This one girl I stalked knew was a real bitch. Every time she saw me she screamed abuse at me and once even ran after me screaming that she couldn't take anymore or some other such nonsense. She then took a restraining order out against me. A real bitch but stunningly beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

I think I am better looking than I am.

But this confidence in my own looks is as good as being good looking.

All about confidence !

I would also like to add that knowing myself quite well to be awesome also helps my confidence with the ladies.

Now, if you will excuse me, I am off to post a pic in The Ladies Lounge :D

Giggidy

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

I know an exceptionally good-looking woman who is very insecure. She gets unwarranted hatred from people who approach her with the presumption that she's going to be stuck-up, vacuous, whatever. Because of this, she has become pessimistic about people, just assumes they're going to dislike her, and finds it hard to make friends.

There's no sense in squabbling over who has it worse. Different people have different kinds of problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The ol lad is a handsome chap and aging well

I've seen photos of him when young and he looks like Daniel Day Lewis!

Clearly I inherited none of this :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,248 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

My friend (a bloke) was really good looking (apparently). If we went into a pub you just had to give it half an hour for the best looking women in the pub to approach him.
    It's hard to keep your feet on the ground and not get too overconfident or arrogant when that happens. Yes, he did turn into an arsehole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

You just lack confidence Eden, and are possibly a bit shy - despite your super healthy ego. But no one should rely on their looks to 'save' them, looks fade and can be easily damaged - interpersonal ability and being able to talk to anyone lasts forever though. Work on the chatting to girls part and not the pulling girls aspect. Once you get a bit more relaxed and confident in yourself you'll be cutting a swathe through the young ladies of Ireland.

On but I am feeling very wise this morning :pac:

Advertisement