Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Religion Project Atheism

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Obliq wrote: »
    In fairness to the young fella, he IS using capital letters in the right places.
    OK. I'll give him that. He uses them in the wrong places too though...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Man City 10

In fairness to the young fella, he IS using capital letters in the right places. He is lacking in full stops and commas though, and sentence structure has gone out the window because of that.

It's not Shakespearean to ask for a bit of clarity. Also, not Shakespearean to wonder why the people who made every effort to answer the OP's questions haven't been thanked? C'mon lad, show some manners eh?

I thanked even praised them i can show you them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Oh. I must have carefully ignored those. I've been giving the benefit of doubt because I have a similarly aged son up here (he actually listens to me when I say "using 'yeah so' and 'like' in every sentence, isn't taken very seriously on A&A", and he likes to be taken seriously) who is a bit nervous of posting among the grown-ups.

I thanked even praised them i can show you them

Oh, good one. Yes please - show me, I must have missed it.

If you're up for a bit of correction, your sentence should have read "I thanked them, even praised them. I can show you them."

BTW, my punctuation isn't perfect either, but it IS a bit more readable!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Man City, out of curiosity, what exactly do you need to write for your project? What has your teacher asked you to do?

Come to think of it, what kind of ****ing teacher gives JC students a project to do over Christmas?

No I cannot give one reason close if you wish and if you think not taken all these wonderful peoples suggestions in then think again sure i builded but I for one have a right to ask a question and to answer
    So close it Thinking of me like a dumb show case

Mate, was this where you thanked people? I can see it now, but you could consider that the reason I missed it was because of the lack of punctuation! It's true :) See the difference punctuation would make below:

No, I cannot give one reason. Close it if you wish. If you think I have not taken all these wonderful people's suggestions in, then think again. Sure, I built it but I, for one, have a right to ask a question and get an answer.

Come to think of it, what kind of ****ing teacher gives JC students a project to do over Christmas?

True enough!

Well lets see.............
    I will answer your questions time by time
    Ye come forward to the wise one looking for answers ;)
    I will guide you

• Advertisement

Oh, good one. Yes please - show me, I must have missed it.

If you're up for a bit of correction, your sentence should have read "I thanked them, even praised them. I can show you them."

Well like i said i will not straighten the English until Liamario tells me to

Man City, out of curiosity, what exactly do you need to write for your project? What has your teacher asked you to do?

Lol I was sick during the week teacher announced it and I came in for the last week and we only have religion once a week so he said to have it done over Christmas.
    In religion we never ever get homework only projects per term

Mate, was this where you thanked people? I can see it now, but you could consider that the reason I missed it was because of the lack of punctuation! It's true :) See the difference punctuation would make below:

No, I cannot give one reason. Close it if you wish. If you think I have not taken all these wonderful people's suggestions in, then think again. Sure, I built it but I, for one, have a right to ask a question and get an answer.

Thanks for spotting my mistakes will write them down in my notes copy :) Heheheh
    (No mean of rudeness just sillines and humour)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Lol I was sick during the week teacher announced it and I came in for the last week and we only have religion once a week so he said to have it done over Christmas.
    In religion we never ever get homework only projects per term

Well then it might help if you tell us what the project is meant to be on? Surely there's some guidance as to what you need to cover in your project.

Well like i said i will not straighten the English until Liamario tells me to

It seems most people would prefer you did, would you not think the mature and polite thing to do would be to communicate properly with the people who are good enough to do the same with you?

Everyone is asking you to, would you not think the mature and polite thing to do would be to communicate properly with the people who are good enough to do the same with you?

Let me sleep on it
    Lol why is this thread still open. I already got the answers I need from Many Helpful People.
    Also got a few notes on Grammar and Communications from others who were kind enough to share,
    Thank you :)
    Is this better if not that is the best I can do

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Well then it might help if you tell us what the project is meant to be on? Surely there's some guidance as to what you need to cover in your project.

Athiesim Belief

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Well lets see.............
    I will answer your questions time by time
    Ye come forward to the wise one looking for answers ;)
    I will guide you

Dead one, is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Dead one, is that you?

Needs more obtuse comments about the moral superiority of Islam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

It's an improvement ;)

• Advertisement

Athiesim Belief
    It's gonna be a very short project.

Atheism belief = none.

Let me sleep on it
    Lol why is this thread still open. I already got the answers I need from Many Helpful People.
    Also got a few notes on Grammar and Communications from others who were kind enough to share,
    Thank you :)

You're welcome. Corrections below:

First line: Lol, why is this thread still open? I've already got the answers I need from Many Helpful People (many helpful people - we are not an official organisation, therefore capitals are unnecessary)

Second line: Almost perfect - just missing a full stop at the end. :)

Third line: Is this better? If not, that is the best I can do. (Very nearly there. Your teacher will definitely be pleased if your project includes punctuation!)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

As the Chairman of the MHP organisation I would like to protest your claims that we do not exist. We are helpful, we are people, and we are many.

MHP??!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭endacl

MHP??!
    MHP is taken by Multi Humpty Bumps. The acronym is already in use. I'm not sure what they do, but they sound like good clean fun.

Why won't this thread close??????

Why won't this thread close??????

Why do you want it to close? Are you embarrassed by it? I hope not. It's nice to see some younger wans asking questions, even if they are grammatically lacking :;)

MHP??!

Quoting myself here, with added "Doh!" - Many Helpful People - MPH. Ok, I see it now. Eventually :o

• Registered Users Posts: 34,122 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Nope that's Miles Per Horse.
    A measure of how far you can flog your horse at a gallop before it collapses.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

It's gonna be a very short project.

Atheism belief = none.

It could be a very long detailed project if he wished it to be.
    He could make it about what others think atheism means. He could then go on to discuss the the origins of those misconceptions and then explain why they don't actually apply to atheism.

But, please. OP! Pretty please! We're begging you, don't write about the concept of atheism matter of factly as if the big bang or evolution is central to it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement