Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a flu epidemic at the moment ?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,280 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Lawr wrote: »
    Have to say, mine started as a slight headache and a slight sore throat. The next day, I was in so much pain I couldn't stand it. The virus went into my lymph nodes. My throat closed up. I could breath, but swallowing was excruciating. In the days that followed, my temperature spiked. I couldn't get warm, no matter how many clothes I put on. I slept nearly 24 hours after the third day of it. The virus had only moved into my sinuses yesterday and I have this horrible feeling that as soon as it gets what it wants there, it will attack my chest. The one (or two) constant(s) has been that mild, low-grade niggling headache and that soreness in my throat. I suppose I'll be over it when those have disappeared. What is this stuff? It's been years since I've been sidelined like that by a virus. I lost a week of work so far. Thank doG for the weekend. I have work to catch up on, but at least, if I feel like crap, I can go lie down.

Sounds nasty but that's not the flu.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 240 ✭✭The Barefoot Pizza Thief

In bed with Flu for three days. Can't even sit up straight I'm so weak. Out of breath just thinking, crazy at it sounds. Remembered this thread just there and had to post.

Four days back got a Taxi from City Centre and as soon as I got in, the Taxi driver sneezed and then continued to sneeze and cough a dry cough for rest of journey. He said: "Have a damn flu and just can't shake it". I should have got out at that stage, but didn't. Next night I started sneezing and then woke up with sore throat accompanied by a dry cough.

People with the flu that go out when they know they are going to be in close proximity to others are assholes. I have preexisting health conditions which could very well be made worse by this. An elderly person could have got into this guy's cab and the infection could potentially end their life.

Four people have died from the flu recently and many many more have ended up in ICUs:

http://www.herald.ie/news/four-die-in-latest-outbreak-of-the-flu-29174241.html

I'd go to the Doctor / Hospital but last time I was in hospital (Kidney stone) got MRSA, which too kills many each year.

If you have the flu, try and stay away from people if at all possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

In bed with Flu for three days. Can't even sit up straight I'm so weak. Out of breath just thinking, crazy at it sounds. Remembered this thread just there and had to post.

Four days back got a Taxi from City Centre and as soon as I got in, the Taxi driver sneezed and then continued to sneeze and cough a dry cough for rest of journey. He said: "Have a damn flu and just can't shake it". I should have got out at that stage, but didn't. Next night I started sneezing and then woke up with sore throat accompanied by a dry cough.

People with the flu that go out when they know they are going to be in close proximity to others are assholes. I have preexisting health conditions which could very well be made worse by this. An elderly person could have got into this guy's cab and the infection could potentially end their life.

Four people have died from the flu recently and many many more have ended up in ICUs:

http://www.herald.ie/news/four-die-in-latest-outbreak-of-the-flu-29174241.html

I'd go to the Doctor / Hospital but last time I was in hospital (Kidney stone) got MRSA, which too kills many each year.

If you have the flu, try and stay away from people if at all possible.

thought you'd find this interesting

and this

you can get Echinacea at any herbal shop...

get well soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

What makes me angry is that the people who go around spreading it actually expect sympathy when they splutter that they have 'flu, instead of feeling ashamed of themselves for putting other people at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Full.Duck

I have not been sick in over too years. Not even a cold. Just sayin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭juicyduckie

My boss came in to work with the flu when she should have stayed at home...gave it to me.
    Couldn't take any days off work because she'd made such a show of her struggling on whilst being sick. :(

I still have a touch of it now, loads of people I know are getting it!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Full.Duck wrote: »
    I have not been sick in over too years. Not even a cold. Just sayin

I was boasting about that & literally 2 days later got the flu.Pain everywhere,dizzyness,high temperature the works.Took 2 weeks to shake it and was still coughing for a few days after.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭keithb93

I get colds often, maybe once or twice every 2 months, but i dont think ive ever gotten the flu, whenever im sick, its the usual blocked nose and sore throat that lasts a couple of days. I cant imagine being bedridden with the flu. Am I just lucky?

Advertisement