Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco in Bantry

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bigbrotherfan

sonnyblack wrote: »
    Supervalu have been granted planning in townlots. €8M investment. 20 new jobs. Supposed to start asap. Great news for town.
    Things are looking up for Bantry then.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 scartboy

Both Supervalue and Lidl are opening their new stores on Thursday, the 30th of November.
    Happy shopping!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭sonnyblack

scartboy wrote: »
    Both Supervalue and Lidl are opening their new stores on Thursday, the 30th of November.
    Happy shopping!

Yeah, brilliant news for the town. What a year its been. Phase 1 of Inner Harbour with new marina and 2 new supermarkets. Big aims for next couple of years will be

1. Proceed with next phase of inner harbour development and get rid of horrible blue hoardings

2. Bring another store such as Aldi into the town to provide even more retail choice.

Good to see the town back on the map. roll on 2108

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Would be interesting to see a Dunnes in Bantry or even Skibbereen.

Having delivered to the Clonakilty store previously, one thing I can say with certainty is there’s no shortage of customers with them so you’d think building another West Cork store would be logical, then again for business reasons maybe not.

In my humble opinion id say that o'keefees supervalu will sell the former hurleys garage site to aldi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 scartboy

Maybe it's time to open a new thread "Aldi in Bantry" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

sonnyblack wrote: »
    In my humble opinion id say that o'keefees supervalu will sell the former hurleys garage site to aldi.

I very much doubt it,anyway it's too small with poor access and egress

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I very much doubt it,anyway it's too small with poor access and egress

I think O'Keefees own some houses on Market St. Maybe one these could be knocked to create an exit from any store. The site is big enough I would have thought but I take your point about the entrance off Bridge street. Might be turned down on the basis of traffic studies. Of course if the Bantry bypass was built it wouldn't be as much of an issue. won't be holding my breath on that though...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I don't think bantry could take an Aldi along with the other 2 tbh,population wise

Advertisement