Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW19 transfers......

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

dahat wrote: »

Forgot about Mikel heading off plus Romue is long term injured,options are limited in there for Chelsea then...suddenly looks an option.......

Am wondering about Chelsea's DGW too looks likely that it could be GW22 with Southampton as well as Stoke

• Registered Users Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭dahat

manual_man wrote: »
    Am wondering about Chelsea's DGW too looks likely that it could be GW22 with Southampton as well as Stoke

Right after the WC is active,that would be perfect,hopefully the DGW is that week or after it....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

I wonder if Moses is decent value at 6.2m. Benitez seems to like him and doesnt start with the trio of attacking mids that Di Matteo did, Oscar has been benched.

Although no goals or assists for Moses yesterday in a 8-0 romp, thats not great.

Santi101 wrote: »
    I wonder if Moses is decent value at 6.2m. Benitez seems to like him and doesnt start with the trio of attacking mids that Di Matteo did, Oscar has been benched.

Although no goals or assists for Moses yesterday in a 8-0 romp, thats not great.

He's also likely to be going to the ACON, meaning he'll probably be missing from GW22 until he gets back

Yeah that's a good point. All in all there are probably a good number of better alternatives in the 6m pricerange.

• Advertisement

Santi101 wrote: »
    Yeah that's a good point. All in all there are probably a good number of better alternatives in the 6m pricerange.

Ramires might be one to consider. Might take Moses' place on the right. Scored 2 goals and got the 3BP coming off the bench yesterday. priced 6.2 also

Yeah, I had Ramires earlier in the season and he frustrated the life out of me. Might reconsider getting him in again around wildcard time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

when is yaya off to this africa cup thing lads?

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

when is yaya off to this africa cup thing lads?

I read somewhere that Mancini wants him to give it a miss.......hope so!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

The Africa Cup of Nations is on from 19 January until 10 February so players could be missing for over 4 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Grid. wrote: »

I read somewhere that Mancini wants him to give it a miss.......hope so!

If Yaya tried to sit it out, the Ivory Coast could have FIFA place a sanction on him so he can't play domestic football during their involvement.

He'll definitely go though. Of course Mancini doesn't want him to but he will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

jebforever wrote: »
    The Africa Cup of Nations is on from 19 January until 10 February so players could be missing for over 4 weeks.

I seem to remember the Ivory Coast lads heading off at least a week or 2 before the tournament kicked off last year . So could be 5 or 6 weeks away

• Registered Users Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Already had to make 2 transfers due to the potential for 11 players not playing as happened over the weekend but now I only have 2 defenders in Nastasic, Clark and Cuellar who are playing/fit and Cuellar is against City so thinking of taking another hit. This season has really been a trainwreck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Baines out for Luiz is my transfer this week, ive decided to stick with Berbatov for one more GW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

I have a feeling this is going to be a shocking week for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

only have the bare minimum 11 players but i think they should all play so not taking a points hit. (i presume sterling will be back after his rest)

anyway here's my team, if anyone notices any players not likely to play please tell me.....being the season of goodwill and all :D
    begovic

baines, enrique, nelsen, cameron

michu, silva, sterling

RVP (c) defoe, benteke
    4 subs with no game, jussi, mertesacker, nolan, cazorla

used my transfer to bring in cameron for mc cauley, there's about 5 other transfers i'd like to make but trying to hold out for the wildcard before a complete revamp. It might have been wiser to have used my transfer to move out one of the players with no game but really wanted rid of mc cauley and figured my other 11 would start.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Really need Sterling to start this week.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

manual_man wrote: »
    he still scored yesterday. and he might be on penos when Lampard isn't playing. Mikel off to the ACON in January too so at this stage i think he represents great value

Doubt he will take pens, Hazard is surely second in line behind Lampard.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

qwabercd wrote: »
    I have a feeling this is going to be a shocking week for me.

Thankfully it'll be over by 9:30 tomorrow night, and our pain won't be prolonged into a second day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Only me with defoe so.Taking that as a good luck charm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Gonna save my transfer for the first time this season. Don't think the hit would be worth it.

Gonna do J Evans to Gibbs and Walcott to Bale (Can't ignore Spur's next couple of weeks)

James Morrison has been avoiding the transfer for a while now, but his eventual replacement was going to be Snodgrass/Taarabt (Nolan another option) but their fixtures are dire, so it looks like he'll survive until the wildcard

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Thankfully it'll be over by 9:30 tomorrow night, and our pain won't be prolonged into a second day.

Something about todays fixtures makes me think that nobody is particularly looking forward to them, I'm just hoping to win my cup game and will be happy enough with a slightly above average score, very hard to see fireworks from my team, I'm hoping for Berbatov to explode and will probably have him as captain but I'm almost certain it will backfire on me, either Rooney or VP will likely be rested, Suarez away to Stoke etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Transfers were done earlier,my tinkering is limited due to Juusi & Santi not playing today so my only subs are McCauley & Cuellar.
    Dempsey to Bale & Sterling to Puncheon for me this week,I really must try to get some Chelsea cover now that Rafa has promised goals,goal,goals.

Don't have any interest in the cup thanks to Chelsea running riot the other day:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Anyone else finding that the impending Christmas wildcard is making them take more risks? My mind is awash with thoughts such as "Ah sure if this transfer doesn't work, I can always wildcard in a few weeks."

The plan last week was to get in Dzeko for 1 week and then transfer in Berbatov.

Despite the poor form, Fulham have 3 home games in 4, Berbatov doesn't need a rest as he is a lazy sexy bastard, and and Ruiz is very close to a return. I'm humming and hawing on Benteke but can't get that 8-0 out of my head.

And that isn't even the biggest gamble I'm considering this gameweek. I'm flirting with the idea of getting in Stewart Fcuking Downing. Yes, the 1-week wonder, yes against the best defense on the league, yes for a hit.

I need to do my Berbatov transfers and get off the internet for the day. The worst thing is that I'm flying this evening and will be missing the late footie. "Sir, please refrain from using your wifi on board this plane. Sir!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Anyone else finding that the impending Christmas wildcard is making them take more risks? My mind is awash with thoughts such as "Ah sure if this transfer doesn't work, I can always wildcard in a few weeks."

The plan last week was to get in Dzeko for 1 week and then transfer in Berbatov.

Despite the poor form, Fulham have 3 home games in 4, Berbatov doesn't need a rest as he is a lazy sexy bastard, and and Ruiz is very close to a return. I'm humming and hawing on Benteke but can't get that 8-0 out of my head.

And that isn't even the biggest gamble I'm considering this gameweek. I'm flirting with the idea of getting in Stewart Fcuking Downing. Yes, the 1-week wonder, yes against the best defense on the league, yes for a hit.

I need to do my Berbatov transfers and get off the internet for the day. The worst thing is that I'm flying this evening and will be missing the late footie. "Sir, please refrain from using your wifi on board this plane. Sir!!!!"

You Sir, are clearly mad. Step away from the Internet before you do something you regret...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

You Sir, are clearly mad. Step away from the Internet before you do something you regret...

Have this dirty feeling he'll get 11 points today. Definitely not doing the transfer though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

Jaysus !!!!!!! how much drink have you had over Xmas. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Have this dirty feeling he'll get 11 points today. Definitely not doing the transfer though :p

The only way he'd get points today would be for motoring offences:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,030 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Mata in for Cazorla.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Tevez to Torres.

Advertisement