Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW19 transfers......

Options
  • 22-12-2012 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭

Early set up,looking to get Pienaar for A.Johnson myself,he should rise a bit after his goal taday.

Looking a bit short with Carzola and Gibbs missing but should filed a competitive 11 with Pienaar in there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Looking to downgrade Nolan for midweek as I have him & Cazorla who wont be playing, I'll just bench Santi as I want him for the next games vs Newcastle/Southampton.

Options for Nolan are the Norwich lads who are good value but have tough fixtures to come......Snodgrass, Hoolahan, Pilkington. Others are Routledge, Duff, Gera, McClean and maybe a sneak one coule be Moses if he continues to play under Rafa.

Then next weekend I'll shift Silva back for Mata or Bale.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭blockedPaT

Looking to get Demel out have 0.7 in the bank, any advice on who to bring in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

blockedPaT wrote: »

clark maybe?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

I need to ditch Giroud I decided not to take the points hit to get him out last week and it's cost me big time.

Giroud at 8.2m to who? I've nothing in the bank. Used the free cash to upgrade Fell to Silva.

I was thinking Berbatov. Fulham have an easy run.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I have:

3 Arsenal players who won't be playing
    Berbatov who has done nothing
    Rafael whose place is under threat
    Gallas who didn't play today (will he play next game?)

Thoughts on my most pressing issue to be dealt with using my FT?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Shane732 wrote: »
    I need to ditch Giroud I decided not to take the points hit to get him out last week and it's cost me big time.

Giroud at 8.2m to who? I've nothing in the bank. Used the free cash to upgrade Fell to Silva.

And they have two home games coming up. Thinking about Ba to Berbatov as Newcastle have Utd and Arsenal the next two games.

Yeah kind fixtures for Berba you would think. He's done very little since that Arsenal match, actually I'm not sure if he's scored or assisted since?

AdamD wrote: »
    I have:

3 Arsenal players who won't be playing
    Berbatov who has done nothing
    Rafael whose place is under threat
    Gallas who didn't play today (will he play next game?)

Thoughts on my most pressing issue to be dealt with using my FT?

What Arsenal players do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

am i mad to do 3 transfers for an 8 point hit?

dempsey (injured) > bale
    simpson (away to united) > nastasic
    suarez (away to stoke) > torres

someone talk me out of it please :pac:

team for next week would be:
    Bego
    Nastasic Cuellar Garrido Cameron
    Michu Bale Yaya
    RVP Torres Tevez

subs: foster cazorla robsonkanu mccartney

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

blockedPaT wrote: »

andy wilkinson 4.4 michael turner 4.2 ryan nelsen 4.0

• Advertisement

I think it's nuts mate!!!!

Wouldnt be shocked to see Suarez score at Stoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

darego wrote: »
    am i mad to do 3 transfers for an 8 point hit?

dempsey (injured) > bale
    simpson (away to united) > nastasic
    suarez (away to stoke) > torres

someone talk me out of it please :pac:

team for next week would be:
    Bego
    Nastasic Cuellar Garrido Cameron
    Michu Bale Yaya
    RVP Torres Tevez

subs: foster cazorla robsonkanu mccartney

Just look at my post from the game week thread if you need convincing not to take the hit:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056837658&page=12

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

I was in the exact same situation, losing 0.3 on Giroud over the past couple of weeks. Barring one week when he scored twice, having him in my team had been distinctly meh. With zero in the bank also I've just taken a hit to do Shorey & Giroud to Stam & Defoe. Was tempted by Berbatov but Fulham seem lacking in any creative threat recently. That may change against Southampton, Swansea and West Brom, but I wouldn't bank on it, they haven't replaced Dembele or Dempsey effectively, and Ruiz is out for another few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

My team's in a mess now for the next GW

Have Cazorla and Gibbs who won't play, then I have 2 Stoke defenders and 2 Liverpool attackers and Stoke play Liverpool at home.. And on top of that Fellaini sitting on the bench doing nothing

Begovic/Jussi
    Gibbs/Shawcross/Demel/Clyne/McAuley
    Sterling/Cazorla/Mata/Michu/Fellaini
    Berba/RVP/Suarez

Don't know what to do with my one free transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Santi101 wrote: »
    What Arsenal players do you have?

Gibbs Walcott and Wilshere. Wilshere could probably go though I literally just got him in, the other 2 are probably gonna be in my side long term.

AdamD wrote: »
    Gibbs Walcott and Wilshere. Wilshere could probably go though I literally just got him in, the other 2 are probably gonna be in my side long term.

Yeah, I'd move Wilshere on. Brilliant player but just not 'FF-friendly' for lack of a better term!......he's been one of our best players in nearly every game since returning but he's rarely gonna assist or score.

Thinking Fonte might be a better cheap option for the bench than clyne.

EDIT:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'm worried about fielding 11 on Stephens Day so think I'll do Rafael to Cameron.

Suarez is also going up tonight but I don't want to take a 4 point hit. Hoping I can wait until the 26th to do Tevez to Suarez but I might take my first hit of the year if droves bring him in over the next few days.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I'm worried about fielding 11 on Stephens Day so think I'll do Rafael to Cameron.

Suarez is also going up tonight but I don't want to take a 4 point hit. Hoping I can wait until the 26th to do Tevez to Suarez but I might take my first hit of the year if droves bring him in over the next few days.

Why Cameron? Stoke have Liverpool, City and Chelsea in the next 4.

• Advertisement

Cause I'm fed up of Stoke get clean sheets and not benefiting as much as everyone else. Just thinking of all the extra points I could have had Wilson not broken his leg (Cheers Marc, way to ruin my FF season).

I watched the Spurs game today and they just suck the life out of every team they play.

Who would you recommend at the same price range?

Cause I'm fed up of Stoke get clean sheets and not benefiting as much as everyone else. Just thinking of all the extra points I could have had Wilson not broken his leg (Cheers Marc, way to ruin my FF season).

I watched the Spurs game today and they just suck the life out of every team they play.

Who would you recommend at the same price range?

Well if you have balls of steel maybe Hughes - Fulham have SOT, SWA, WBA and WIG.

If you think Caulker/Dawson will continue to get game time then they have to be worth considering.

Other than that, I'd be looking at a Swansea defender. Next 3 fixtures aren't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Suarez out Berbatov in. Will captain Berba also

manual_man wrote: »
    Suarez out Berbatov in. Will captain Berba also

I've brought Berba in. Won't have the courage to captain him. I'll captain Bale I think. Although Bale does hate me.

Well if you have balls of steel maybe Hughes - Fulham have SOT, SWA, WBA and WIG.

If you think Caulker/Dawson will continue to get game time then they have to be worth considering.

Other than that, I'd be looking at a Swansea defender. Next 3 fixtures aren't too bad.
    Not touching a Fulham defender regardless of fixtures. Did you watch them today?

Don't think Caulker/Dawson are guaranteed starters and Vertongen is just too expensive (or maybe I should look at squeezing him into my team at the expense of someone else)

Already have Davies so that's enough Swansea.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

My team as it stands:
    Mignolet - Tremmel

Demel - Hughes - Nelsen - Shawcross - Davies

Michu - Fellaini - Silva - Sterling - Bale

van Persie - Berbatov - Suarez

Desperate to get rid of Fellaini tonight before his price drops even further but I'm struggling to think of ways of a suitable replacement. I have 2 free transfers and nothing in the bank. 1 player I wouldn't mind having is Mata but his price is due to rise as well tonight afaik. Has anybody any suggestions as to what I should do as I'm pretty much stumped.

Not touching a Fulham defender regardless of fixtures. Did you watch them today?

Don't think Caulker/Dawson are guaranteed starters and Vertongen is just too expensive (or maybe I should look at squeezing him into my team at the expense of someone else)

Already have Davies so that's enough Swansea.

I did say you'd need balls of steel to take the plunge on a Fulham defender.

jebforever wrote: »
    My team as it stands:
    Mignolet - Tremmel

Demel - Hughes - Nelsen - Shawcross - Davies

Michu - Fellaini - Silva - Sterling - Bale

van Persie - Berbatov - Suarez

Desperate to get rid of Fellaini tonight before his price drops even further but I'm struggling to think of ways of a suitable replacement. I have 2 free transfers and nothing in the bank. 1 player I wouldn't mind having is Mata but his price is due to rise as well tonight afaik. Has anybody any suggestions as to what I should do as I'm pretty much stumped.

What's your team value?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

What's your team value?

Away from the computer atm as this feckin storm has caused a power cut but I think it's around the 103 million mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

what two would people pick from silva, hazard and bale???

Advertisement