Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW19 transfers......

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

suarez > torres
    dempsey > bale

for a 4 point hit (didn't do the 8 haha going to wait until next week and do simpson > nastasic)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Went for Torres to replace Tevez. City's rotational policy is too risky and with Sturridge unlikely to feature it leaves Torres as their key man, a point reinforced by being the first player taken off tonight to rest.

He's found his scoring boots since Rafa took him under the wing again, 3 goals 2 assists in last three games having done nothing in the previous seven.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Any ideas on who to bring in in defense?

Currently have: Mertesacker, Demel, Santon (MUN A), Garrido (CHE H) and Cameron (LIV H).

My defense has been crap for a while, willing to take a hit to sort it out. I have 0.4m in the bank. I want to get rid of Demel and Santon. I was going to bring in Clark/Baker but not after Villa conceded 8. I think Hughes is going to be one of the transfers (despite their bad form, Fulham have decent fixtures). Would Davies of swansea be a good option? Both defenders I bring in will be starting as Mertesacker and Garrido will be benched. Another option would be just to make 1 transfer and start Garrido.

A bit of a ramble but any advice would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Is it worth bringing Pienaar in for Cazorla for the midweek game? Everton have some very decent fixtures coming up apart from Chelsea so debating bringing Pienaar in regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

qwabercd wrote: »

Currently have: Mertesacker, Demel, Santon (MUN A), Garrido (CHE H) and Cameron (LIV H).

My defense has been crap for a while, willing to take a hit to sort it out. I have 0.4m in the bank. I want to get rid of Demel and Santon. I was going to bring in Clark/Baker but not after Villa conceded 8. I think Hughes is going to be one of the transfers (despite their bad form, Fulham have decent fixtures). Would Davies of swansea be a good option? Both defenders I bring in will be starting as Mertesacker and Garrido will be benched. Another option would be just to make 1 transfer and start Garrido.

Davies is a good option. I had him for ages just cos he was 4m but I've started playing him now. Pops up with assists and bonus points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Done ba to defoe, spurs with easier set of games and with bale back hoping for some points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

qwabercd wrote: »

Davies is a good option at 4.1 as is Nelson who is rising tonight to 4.1. Was thinking of getting Clark in during the wildcard myself, still probably will, hoping today was just a blip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Goosed this week will have to take a points hit have some how ended up with 3 west ham players by stupidity!

Jussi Tremmel

Riise Bassong Enrique Shawcross McCartney

Nolan Yaya Michu Mikel Sterling

Tevez Defoe RVP

Have 0.4 in the bank

Over the next few weeks hoping to ditch Riise, McCartney,Nolan, Mikel & Tevez. Roll on the wildcard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Ditched Nolan and O'Brien from WHU and got in Snodgrass and Shawcross. Have 1m in the bank now to maybe ditch Jelavic (if he doesn't get his finger out) next week and not have to take a hit.
    With Fellaini suspended, I took a punt on making Ivanovic my captain this week so that 24 points was a nice early Christmas pressie. My defence has been getting on my wick the last few weeks, either a defender scores and I'm quids in (on the points) or they concede and/or get booked. I have always stuck with Baines through thick and thin but for the first time ever, I'm contemplating ditching him, should I hold out til after the Christmas games?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

anyone want to do up the gw captain poll because there's only 2 days until the gw begins and most of us will be busy on 1 of those days.

i'm thinking that with fergie saying he'll rotate his strikers that it's most likely he'll do it in the west brom or wigan games, i'd expect rvp to start v newcastle, especially after united dropping 2 points today, so will probably captain him, then pick someone else for the west brom game (assuming rvp starts v newcastle)

michu away to reading is tempting or baines v wigan but fairly sure it'll be rvp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

mc cauley to cameron done, probably missed the boat on the doubling/trebling up on stoke goalkeepers/defenders as their fixtures look tougher but can't risk it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Thinking of these transfers this week

Rafael to Zabaleta
    Walcott to Bale

I have 6.1 to spend on a defender. Any other suggestions other than Zaba? Kind of fear rotation risk. Only other big name defender i have is Sagna.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Thinking of these transfers this week

Rafael to Zabaleta
    Walcott to Bale

I have 6.1 to spend on a defender. Any other suggestions other than Zaba? Kind of fear rotation risk. Only other big name defender i have is Sagna.

nastasic? looks certain his place at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

darego wrote: »
    nastasic? looks certain his place at the minute

Yeah Nastasic looks nailed on a much as one could be nailed on in the Man City backline. Doesn't offer much other than clean sheets though. Zaba is in the box a lot. Just need to weigh up whether the rotation risk is worth the chance for extra goal or assist points. Azpi looked quite attacking today for Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭bensboys

Need to get smalling out, will only have 5.2 to spend, already have baines, nelsen, fonte and shorey....looking at caulker? Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

bensboys wrote: »
    Need to get smalling out, will only have 5.2 to spend, already have baines, nelsen, fonte and shorey....looking at caulker? Any ideas?

Stoke's Cameron maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Williamson out, Evra in. Like Utd's next 3 fixtures a whole lot better than Newcastle's and had a load in the bank so went for Evra over Vidic.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Debating Tevez to Torres. Torres seems to have come good since Benitez joined. But Tevez has Sunderland, but also didn't get the points against Reading... Don't know what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

BroLo wrote: »
    Debating Tevez to Torres. Torres seems to have come good since Benitez joined. But Tevez has Sunderland, but also didn't get the points against Reading... Don't know what to do.

Seriously. Sunderland are like Fulham Fulham only play well at home but Sunderland only play well every second game. Can see the result being a 2-1 in Chelskis favour with Torres getting a goal and an assist (a rare assist at that)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Tevez out for

A) Berbatov
    B) Ba
    C) Benteke

My other two are RVP and Suarez. Time to ship Tevez out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

So, Rafael is still up as injured. Is there any chance of him playing??

Team is:

Begovic - Foster

Clyne - Clark - Mert - Raf - Cameron

Dempsey - Sterling - Puncheon - Cazorla - Michu

Fletcher - Ba - RVP

Any suggestions for transfers? Prepared to take a hit, as it looks like I'll be missing Rafael and Demps, and Caz and Mert aren't playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

So, Rafael is still up as injured. Is there any chance of him playing??

Team is:

Begovic - Foster

Clyne - Clark - Mert - Raf - Cameron

Dempsey - Sterling - Puncheon - Cazorla - Michu

Fletcher - Ba - RVP

Any suggestions for transfers? Prepared to take a hit, as it looks like I'll be missing Rafael and Demps, and Caz and Mert aren't playing.

Dempsey to Silva, Rafael to David Luiz

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

8-10 wrote: »
    Williamson out, Evra in. Like Utd's next 3 fixtures a whole lot better than Newcastle's and had a load in the bank so went for Evra over Vidic.

I've half a suspicion Buttner will play the WBA game for Evra. Evra's played a lot and that's the best bet for a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Team for Stephens Day is:

Begovic
    Baines, McAuley, Caulker, (Cuellar), (Shorey)
    Michu, Pienaar, Sterling, Yaya
    RVP, Suarez, Defoe

Out: Walcott, Jussi

I'm a bit worried Caulker will be dropped again so thinking of bringing in Nelson or Davies for Shorey.

Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

thunderdog wrote: »
    Tevez out for

A) Berbatov
    B) Ba
    C) Benteke

My other two are RVP and Suarez. Time to ship Tevez out!

Had the same decision to make. Went with Berbatov as he has the best fixtures out of those (on paper).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

surprised more people aren't getting Luiz in. considering cashing in on Bassong to get him. Norwich have conceded in the last 6 now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Really need to look at getting some Chelsea coverage in my side.

Used my free transfer for this GW already, had to shift Nolan so I could field a team at all and he's not scored in ages. Got Snodgrass in for the short-term but Norwich do have some dodgy games coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭dahat

manual_man wrote: »
    surprised more people aren't getting Luiz in. considering cashing in on Bassong to get him. Norwich have conceded in the last 6 now

He is a DM who will take an odd free kick,last night he didn't take the one right after he scored so he doesn't have total privlige on free kicks.
    No doubting he will get a few points but if he plays as a DM i am not sure he is the bargain he would be if he played a little further forward...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

dahat wrote: »

He is a DM who will take an odd free kick,last night he didn't take the one right after he scored so he doesn't have total privlige on free kicks.
    No doubting he will get a few points but if he plays as a DM i am not sure he is the bargain he would be if he played a little further forward...

he still scored yesterday. and he might be on penos when Lampard isn't playing. Mikel off to the ACON in January too so at this stage i think he represents great value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭dahat

manual_man wrote: »
    he still scored yesterday. and he might be on penos when Lampard isn't playing. Mikel off to the ACON in January too so at this stage i think he represents great value

Forgot about Mikel heading off plus Romue is long term injured,options are limited in there for Chelsea then...suddenly looks an option.......

Advertisement