Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW19 transfers......

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

jebforever wrote: »
    My team as it stands:
    Mignolet - Tremmel
    Demel - Hughes - Nelsen - Shawcross - Davies
    Michu - Fellaini - Silva - Sterling - Bale
    van Persie - Berbatov - Suarez

Desperate to get rid of Fellaini tonight before his price drops even further but I'm struggling to think of ways of a suitable replacement. I have 2 free transfers and nothing in the bank. 1 player I wouldn't mind having is Mata but his price is due to rise as well tonight afaik. Has anybody any suggestions as to what I should do as I'm pretty much stumped.

if your hell bent on getting mata in i think you have to decide who to keep, suarez or silva??

you could do fellaini to mata and suarez to say benteke, villa have some good fixtures after they play chelsea tomorrow.
    only problem with doing that today is that mata and benteke don't play until tomorrow.
    or else you could do

fellaini to pienaar and silva to mata.

is andy wilkinson a cheap way of adding an extra stoke defender at 4.4 mil?? he's played the last 2 games, is he just covering for an injured player that will be back soon? (i've seen very little of stoke this season)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

He replaced the banned Shotton last weekend and kept his place this week as Shotton was given a more advanced role on the wing instead.

I don't think the 0.4 saving over Cameron would be worth the risk.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    He replaced the banned Shotton last weekend and kept his place this week as Shotton was given a more advanced role on the wing instead.

I don't think the 0.4 saving over Cameron would be worth the risk.

cheers thanks, the .4 would let me get bale or mata in for sessegnon in the next gw but might just go with cameron so and look at other ways of saving money. camron is on 89% now so i'm hoping he doesn't rise tonight as i want to make sure none of my players get injured tomorrow before i make the transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

I'm conflicted whether to:

1) Get Bale in for Morrison or
    2) Get Benteke in for Tevez

Tevez will be rotated over the Christmas games and was poor today. Benteke has good fixtures until January, i have the wildcard to reconsider then. Bale can wait for one more GW, I reckon. Will be getting him in after that though.

As for other forward choices, Torres is, well, Torres and Berbatov has not done anything FF worthy in seven games. The lack of Ruiz is really hurting him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Am I crazy to be looking at Rafael OUT - Walker IN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Just did Enrique and A. Johnson to Davies and Mata for a hit, Mata going up tonight forced my hand, hopefully he doesn't get injured or sent off tomorrow.

Tevez is too unreliable, think I might have to bring Torres in for him - t least he plays the full 90.

Torres is going up tonight but I think I'll wait and see how the match tomorrow goes before doing anything. I can afford the extra 0.1 and think its worth it to see what happens. Might still consider Cazorla out, Mata/Hazard in

Does anyone remember when we're likely to hear team news for the games on the 26th?

I'm going to postpone any change I make. My team is going to be very stretched come Wednesday so I want to make sure my transfer out is someone who 100% isn't playing and my transfer in is a guaranteed starter.

I'll take the rafael price drop on the chin.

FPL says Rafael is due back on the 26th.

I don't actually lose any resale value when he drops tonight, I;m more worried about Torres/Mata going up. Will be watching them closely tonight.

• Advertisement

I do unfortunately.

Well a tight hamstring kept him out of the game last weekend, Fergie ruled him out of tomorrows game on Friday.

I'm not sure if it means he's more likely to play on the 26th having missed the last 2 games or less likely cause he's returning from injury.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

roryc wrote: »
    Am I crazy to be looking at Rafael OUT - Walker IN

Really depends on how long Rafael is going to be out for.

If he's back on the 26th then he's worth keeping. although as the rest of the United defenders get fit the risk of rotation is going to increase.

In terms of FF they are both very similar stats wise. Although Rafael is leading on goal attempts, goal attempts in the box etc.. Rafael has 31 touches in the penalty area vs. 14 for Walker.

Would you not consider Vertonghen?

Shane732 wrote: »

Would you not consider Vertonghen?

Can't afford him.

Hopefully United don't perform well and concede a few, should mean Rafael will be back in contention if he's fit.

Fergie should fit him in somewhere, perhaps even try him on the wing. He creates chances and is well capable of scoring. 2 goals and 4 assists already this season, the same as Baines!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Had enough of Berbatov so he's going this week, any suggestions on a replacement? I have 7.3m to spend, thinking of either Benteke or Weimann from Villa.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Melion wrote: »
    Had enough of Berbatov so he's going this week, any suggestions on a replacement? I have 7.3m to spend, thinking of either Benteke or Weimann from Villa.

I've kinda made a promise to myself to stick with Berbatov thru thick and thin as long as he's in the team, it's been a bad few weeks but I've got a feeling the turn will come soon, possibly the return of Ruiz could be the difference, I don't think any other striker at that price will score as many points as Berba between here and the end of the season, the guy is pure class.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Bad move. Fulham are strong at home. 3 out of their next 4 at home. Southampton next. Ruiz should be back very soon, and Sidwell (and probably Duff) back for next game. Berba, despite Fulham being awful yesterday, managed to create a few opportunities for himself. Top class player. I've transferred him IN this week, and i'll captain him also. I can understand you being frustrated, but sometimes patience pays off in this game. Would be foolish to transfer him out now imo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Southampton, Swansea and West Brom in the next three for Berbatov? Keep him for these three that's what I'm doing anyway. These three games are perfect for Berba to show what he can do.

Villa have Chelsea, Spurs and Wigan so I'm not expecting goals from Benteke

I think if I am to sell Berbatov it'll be for Ruiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Does anyone know what the story is with Dempsey? I need all my players playing, so if he's gonna be out for a while, then I'll dump him.

Does anyone know what the story is with Dempsey? I need all my players playing, so if he's gonna be out for a while, then I'll dump him.

Out on Stephen's Day anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Shane732 wrote: »
    Out on Stephen's Day anyway.

Cheers, so now I need to decide between Bale and Mata. I'll wait until todays game is over, but I'm leaning towards Bale.

Cheers, so now I need to decide between Bale and Mata. I'll wait until todays game is over, but I'm leaning towards Bale.

Bale has the easier run of fixtures.

He's also one dive away from a ban though.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

Same problem with Dempsey, need to get rid off. Cant get Bale whitout pointhit and i already have Mata.

Who would be best mid for 9.2 could also be a differential.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Is it time to get rid of him? Could be a decent switch to Enrique. I've had Rafael since the start though and he has gave me a good return overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,150 ✭✭✭✭km79

Torn between mata and bale ....bale less likely to be rested but 1 card from a ban .....moses will be on my radar too if I sign bale. If he continues to start he will be a nice 6.2 midfieldr

anyone giving any consideration to steven gerrard?? 4 assists and 2 goals in the last 5 games, seems to have more license to get forward now with lucas back, on penalties and a pretty much guaranteed starter. only selected by 4.0% so a good differential.

i'm thinking of witching silva to him? because with any city player, the games where you want to captain them, at home to weak teams you can't because of the risk of rotation from mancini.

I'll probably leave it for this week because not having a stoke defender is killing me so i want to get cameron in before his price rise (i have begovic but always rotate badly with jussi)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,533 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Still not 100% but most likely Gorkss to some other 4.0 or less defender, but one who plays

KevIRL wrote: »
    Still not 100% but most likely Gorkss to some other 4.0 or less defender, but one who plays

nelsen is due to rise to 4.1 tonight if he was on your radar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,533 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hogey007 wrote: »
    nelsen is due to rise to 4.1 tonight if he was on your radar.

Already have him, ta for the heads up though

Advertisement