Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Feedback (Please thank this post so we know you have seen it)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,123 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Felexicon wrote: »
    And this is the issue. You felt he breached or was close to breaching the charter but rather than just give him a warning/infraction you made a comment (while carrying out moderator duties) that was a personal dig at him. It makes no difference if he has or hasn't complained about something in the past and by you including that in your warning it comes across to a number of regular posters that you are using the opportunity to get back at him for a previous issue which is not a good way to moderate.

What personal dig?
    The thing he complained about is exactly what he was doing, I pointed that out to revolution the reason for the warning.

I don't have a previous issue with him, I have next to no interaction with him in over a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

GreeBo wrote: »
    30 posts in 12 months is not a regular contributor, less if you include the posts that are not about himself.

Being a good golfer gives you exactly zero extra rights on here,full stop.

Causing mods extra work because you change your mind and want your old posts deleted doors not make you a good contributer.

What people are our have achieved in the real world is irrelevant on here, that will never change, and that's a good thing.

We are not going to avoid cards because people don't like being told they are wrong, that's an impressive way to run a free forum.

Re read some of the posts directed at me on this and other threads and then come back to me and talk about language.

The three bolded phrases are perfectly apt, gorfield took his ball abd went home, like he had threatened before, simply because he didn't get his way. That is a child's reaction. It's the equivalent of a temper tantrum and just as effective.
    I don't believe for one minute that we have lost someone who makes this forum any way better, certainly not more than any other poster.
    Someone like parlance or keano contributes far more than gorfield ever could.
    You yourself contribute at least half of the volume of text on the forum., despite the underground forces trying to remove you of course

:D:D:D

Your ****ing class Greeb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

beginning to wonder.. Greebo up so late and Ryder jug in morning....hope its not a tactical thing ..lose sleep? My bad x and goodnight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

What personal dig?
    The thing he complained about is exactly what he was doing, I pointed that out to revolution the reason for the warning.

I don't have a previous issue with him, I have next to no interaction with him in over a year.

So you have no previous issue but you brought up a previous issue when giving the warning.

dennyire wrote: »
    Wow. greebo...offering to resign? You gave me a stupid month ban last year for asking could I stream a golf event (and obviously implied legally)....guess its all catching up with you now...love watching this forum...don't contribute much but enjoy...have to agree with majority...you are over the top

Since you bring it up.
    You asked for a stream, no mention of legal
    We had several pm conversations where I explained the rules and you accepted them " fair enough" were your words.
    You admitted that you hadn't read the charter in ages and had thought it was still ok to ask for streams.
    I explained to you how you could still follow the posts as a guest.
    I then removed your ban months earlier than it excited so you could partake in the next event thread.

Thanks for repaying my efforts by being so open and honest about what happened in your post.

• Advertisement

GreeBo - sorry my parting glass.

Do you actually have a child ?

I'm guessing you don't - I think you are in for a rude awaking when you do.

A harsh - black and white always right - simply will not work with them. That is how the "Real World Is".

Best of luck lad - I'll be out of your hair soon enough.

Your a legend man.

So you have no previous issue but you brought up a previous issue when giving the warning.

Gorfield had the previous issue, back when he threatened legal action against boards.ie because of what someone else quoted in a post from gorfields Twitter account.

Gorfield had the previous issue, back when he threatened legal action against boards.ie because of what someone else quoted in a post from gorfields Twitter account.

Why bring that back up though when it had little if anything to do with you?
    Are you white knighting for boards.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

I've only caught up to where Greebo's quitting. Has he followed through yet?

Why bring that back up though when it had little if anything to do with you?
    Are you white knighting for boards.ie?

I brought it back up to explain to the poster why what they were doing was wrong.

No I'm the dark night, not what you want but what you need.

• Advertisement

I've only caught up to where Greebo's quitting. Has he followed through yet?

Yep, just as soon as someone presents a shred of evidence for what I'm being accused of.

Btw this is the feedback thread, not the daily mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Again you are missing the point, Im not making any comment on what he did or didnt do, Im purely speaking about the fact that he complained that people were talking about him. Nothing more. If you choose to read into what you think he did then thats your issue.
    Please don't imply things about players or clubs, if you have something to state then state it, otherwise don't.
    You got very upset in the past when people mentioned your name on here in connection with things you had done, afford others the same rights you demanded.
    Im not making any comment on what he did or didnt do,
    in connection with things you had done,

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

Is that game set and match? I wanna get back to the daily mail.

I brought it back up to explain to the poster why what they were doing was wrong.

So the only reason what he was doing was wrong was because he gave out about the same actions previously?

[IMG][/img]15rxnyf.png

Joke man

[IMG][/img]15rxnyf.png

Joke man

Didn't realise Fern Britton was married to GreeBo

For **** sake - at this stage you just got to laugh.

Goodnight - game of golf to win in am.

Love you all. ALL

Rikand wrote: »
    /thread

So what comment did I make about what he had done?

So the only reason what he was doing was wrong was because he gave out about the same actions previously?

No, he was implying things about the club and the golfer, this hads all been covered pages ago btw.

Post #440

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

The few posters on here have convinced themselves that I made an attack on gorfield.
    Go read my warning again.
    It clearly and solely reminded him that he didn't like people talking about him. That's it.
    It didn't mention what or why people were talking about him.
    It didn't pass any judgement about him
    It didn't imply that he did wrong
    It didn't imply that he did anything other than complain about people talking about him.

You are taking issue with my post based on your feelings on what gorfield did in the past and somehow imagining that I'm bringing that up.
    I'm not, not in any way.

Seriously, go read the post again and by all means point out to me where I implied he had done anything wrong.

If anyone does I'll resign immediately as golf mod.
    Gorfield made an implication about the player and the club
    So you made an implication about his past posting.

Just like Gorfields post where he didn't go into specifics, neither did you. Therefore, it was an implication of wrong doing
    Please don't imply things about players or clubs, if you have something to state then state it, otherwise don't.
    You got very upset in the past when people mentioned your name on here in connection with things you had done, afford others the same rights you demanded.

btw, don't resign on my account.

Gorfield has resigned, so I think that pretty much settles it
    It clearly and solely reminded him that he didn't like people talking about him. That's it.

This is the one thing that really irks me about this whole situation. Everytime there's an infraction or some bone of contention, it's a "take it to PM's kind of a situation". Why couldnt you have just contact Gorfield by PM and said :: " Hey, you've done this thing before. Cut it out ta feck....." or " remember what happened last time you said something controversial and you got us to delete stuff..... " something like that.

Nope, instead you publicly imply his past discretions in the thread.

And you can say that you didn't actually say them all you want. You implied there was something more sinister at hand, whether you want to admit it or not. To me, It was implied!

It was through this implication that i was able to find out what had happened before. Whereas before your post, I would have been none the wiser

• Advertisement

Gorfield made an implication about the player and the club
    So you made an implication about his past posting.

Just like Gorfields post where he didn't go into specifics, neither did you. Therefore, it was an implication of wrong doing
    The thing is I made no such implication, I clearly stated that he didn't like people talking about him. That's a fact. What's wrong with that exactly? I didn't mention his pay posting at all.

btw, don't resign on my account.

Gorfield has resigned, so I think that pretty much settles it

This is the one thing that really irks me about this whole situation. Everytime there's an infraction or some bone of contention, it's a "take it to PM's kind of a situation". Why couldnt you have just contact Gorfield by PM and said :: " Hey, you've done this thing before. Cut it out ta feck....." or " remember what happened last time you said something controversial and you got us to delete stuff..... " something like that.

I explained this before, if we do things in private there is a problem, no a warning in public is the problem.
    Again he didn't do this before, he complained about someone else doing what he just did himself.
    Nope, instead you publicly imply his past discretions in the thread.

And you can say that you didn't actually say them all you want. You implied there was something more sinister at hand, whether you want to admit it or not. To me, It was implied!

It was through this implication that i was able to find out what had happened before. Whereas before your post, I would have been none the wiser

I didn't even nearly mention anything in his past other than his complaints. Seriously, check my post.
    I'm getting a bit sick of people making baseless accusations.
    Show me anything I said that implies anything sinister.
    I purely referenced referenced the fact that he complained about someone taking about him.
    Not once did I mention what it was the other user posted about, yet I'm being castigated here as if I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,502 ✭✭✭Trampas

Yep, just as soon as someone presents a shred of evidence for what I'm being accused of.

Btw this is the feedback thread, not the daily mail.

What are you accusing the daily mail of?

Why the daily mail over any other newspaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Eoinyh

There is your problem there, full of your own self importance, you are not a good mod, an you should just stay as a poster, were you can argue your point on everything till your hearts content

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Ban them all Greebo pal.

You're gone soft. Old Greebo would be swinging ban hammer like Thor in here.

In Greebo we trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Domo1982

Sorry whats not ok? That I reply in exactly the same way as gorfield has accused me of? Am I suddenly not entitled to a point of view, not entitled to defend myself?

Are you not held to a higher standard of behaviour because you're a MOD of the golf forum? Surely you are? I don't think you see that Greebo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭cairny

The criticism here is way over the top imo. The original post was so clearly out of line that he had to know a mod comment was coming. You could argue that the reference to the past was a little unnecessary but in the context of his own previous indignation it was well justified.

Why should a mod be held to a higher standard? That's just mad, they're not bishops (as far as we know).

It's as if some of ye have been waiting for an opportunity to have a go at Greebo, this isn't it imo.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I have already warned in this thread about posters using it to level specific criticism of mods. That must not be done within the forum. If you have a complaint about a mod, ideally discuss it with the mod via PM first. Your next port of call is a CMod. If you are stll not satisfied you may start a thread in the Help Desk (please note, not the Feedbck forum - that is for widder matters and not specific mod complaints)

If you wish to discuss whether the weight of a sportperson is a valid topic of discussion here, then go ahead. If you wish to discuss specific mods or look to criticise their actions in the forum, this is not the place

If anyone has any questions, please PM me - do not respond to this message in-thread

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭DuckHook

Domo1982 wrote: »
    Are you not held to a higher standard of behaviour because you're a MOD of the golf forum? Surely you are? I don't think you see that Greebo

This is unfair, greebo the poster is seperate to greebo the mod.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This really is not the place to discuss such specifics - it is more a point for the general Feedback forum. However I will simply say that within the forum(s) they mod we clearly expect mods both to uphold forum and site rules but also to ensure they do the same themselves within those forums.

Mods are treated no differently than ordinary users when posting outside the forum(s) they mod. That does not preclude any mod from contributing to discussions within the forums they mod (and again if anyone has an issue with that, it should be raised within the Feedback forum, and certainly not this thread)

Again though this is not a matter for discussion here and can we now move away from any specific complaints anyone may have about any specific incident. Forum Feedback threads are started to discuss the general direction of a forum and any forum-specific rules (which never take precedence over site rules)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I'm going to back Beasty up and say this:
    If you have a complaint about a mod, please use the helpdesk forum.
    If you have a suggestion that you think would improve the forum, by all means please post it in a civil manner and it will be welcomed.

Please note that any attack / criticism of any member of the forum (be they mod or not) falls under the personal abuse rules and is not tolerated on boards. There are ample mechanisms in place for you to voice any concerns you may have without having to stoop to that. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement