Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Feedback (Please thank this post so we know you have seen it)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,121 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

slave1 wrote: »
    Guys, the 2013/14 PGA season is over, can we lock the thread and start it anew when it kicks off the 2014/15 season in a few weeks, my logic being the season is over and now historical...if not, no worries, just a suggestion

I'm fine with that tbh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Why is there a need to close this thread, it is the Forum Feedback thread and not the 2013/2014 season thread
    This thread was setup so that posters could voice there approval/disapproval of the Golf forum and make suggestions as how the forum maybe better run and has nothing to do with the 2013/2014 season

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

DeBurca wrote: »
    Why is there a need to close this thread, it is the Forum Feedback thread and not the 2013/2014 season thread
    This thread was setup so that posters could voice there approval/disapproval of the Golf forum and make suggestions as how the forum maybe better run and has nothing to do with the 2013/2014 season

We're on about (well I was) closing the pga golf thread and not this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Well the post stated "Guys, the 2013/14 PGA season is over, can we lock the thread "

Now I read it as This thread rather then the the PGA 2013/2014 thread
    Maybe if the original post had been more precise it would not fool old hackers like me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Hi guys doesn't the fall series not count towards the 2014 money list and the 2015 season doesn't actually begin until the Hyundai Tournament of Champions?

ssbob wrote: »
    Hi guys doesn't the fall series not count towards the 2014 money list and the 2015 season doesn't actually begin until the Hyundai Tournament of Champions?

I was wondering about the wrap around bit alright...also the thread is still pretty active (golfer of the year)
    tbh thinking about it I dont see why it cant keep going, doesnt have to be year specific...and spanning multiple years can only make it (even) more E P I C. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

DeBurca wrote: »
    Well the post stated "Guys, the 2013/14 PGA season is over, can we lock the thread "

Now I read it as This thread rather then the the PGA 2013/2014 thread
    Maybe if the original post had been more precise it would not fool old hackers like me

Ya the OP should have been more precise and mentionned the PGA Thread just before saying "the" and he possibly could have suggested opening a new PGA thread for the 2014/15 season....
    Oh wait, he did.

No point having a dig at the original poster suggesting that his post lacked clarity. It didn't. You just jumped the gun.

Lets all go ahead and take a deep breath, count to 10 and move on.

GreeBo wrote: »
    Lets all go ahead and take a deep breath, count to 10 and move on.

For clarity.... Should that be in bold "mod speak"? :);)

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »
    For clarity.... Should that be in bold "mod speak"? :);)

Everything I say in the feedback thread is in implied M O D S P E A K young padawan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

Why does it have to be closed anyway? Create a new one for the 2015 season and people can use that. Hardly the end of the world if someone posts on 2014 thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

What's the point in closing it? It's been active for nearly 2 years anyway and there are still discussions going on. As an aside, I wouldn't be too worried about the "new season" starting in 3 weeks - most people won't be watching those small time events let alone commenting on them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

Damn it, why did I click on this thread, now my eyes are bleeding!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭newport2

Everything I say in the feedback thread is in implied M O D S P E A K young padawan.

Freaky.

M O D S P E A K as you typed it there just made D A R T H V A D E R (young skywalker) pop into my head :eek: (Must be the shade of black the font is in)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,818 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

newport2 wrote: »
    Freaky.

M O D S P E A K as you typed it there just made D A R T H V A D E R (young skywalker) pop into my head :eek: (Must be the shade of black the font is in)

Feedback lads...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Seems to be a lot of beginners joining up asking mostly the same questions lately.

From where to buy clubs, what kind of clubs, etiquette to how to start, lessons,range time or jump straight in.

Just make a simple thread explaining the pro's and cons of the most commonly asked questions

Like - Terminology https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_golf

Rules / Etiquette

Where to buy clubs, what kind are generally suited to beginners

How and where to start.

Some pro recommendations or at least online coaching videos/books with the obligatory warning that self diagnosing is can be detrimental

Then link to all the Arrange a Game,Hows Your Game etc threads

It could be something you could add to over time aswell to cover more obscure topics like fitting etc.

On a side note, perhaps a thread listing all the pro's the members recommend for their area, it seems another common question eg.
    County Meath - Headfort Golf Club - Pat Faye - €25 - Launch Monitor available at extra cost

Feedback lads...

Bit of positive feedback!

It was mentioned a while back that mod (your :)) instructions may be a bit abrupt for some of us. They seem to be a little "softer" now, with an addition of a please or a thanks.

Maybe I'm just imagining it, but if not, and if a decision was made to try a slightly softer approach, then fair play.
    Seems like a small thing but I think it makes a difference and hopefully it's respected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

PARlance wrote: »
    Bit of positive feedback!

It was mentioned a while back that mod (your :)) instructions may be a bit abrupt for some of us. They seem to be a little "softer" now, with an addition of a please or a thanks.

Maybe I'm just imagining it, but if not, and if a decision was made to try a slightly softer approach, then fair play.
    Seems like a small thing but I think it makes a difference and hopefully it's respected.

I personally think greebo is doing a fantastic job and have no issues at all.

Some lads give him an awful time.

• Advertisement

ForeRight wrote: »

I wouldn't go that far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

ForeRight wrote: »

That JP fella is one for starters....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Abd back on topic. Good suggestion from dan imo

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Domo1982

Feedback lads...

I am your Father!

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Seems to be a lot of beginners joining up asking mostly the same questions lately.

From where to buy clubs, what kind of clubs, etiquette to how to start, lessons,range time or jump straight in.

Just make a simple thread explaining the pro's and cons of the most commonly asked questions

Like - Terminology https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_golf

Rules / Etiquette

Where to buy clubs, what kind are generally suited to beginners

How and where to start.

Some pro recommendations or at least online coaching videos/books with the obligatory warning that self diagnosing is can be detrimental

Then link to all the Arrange a Game,Hows Your Game etc threads

It could be something you could add to over time aswell to cover more obscure topics like fitting etc.

On a side note, perhaps a thread listing all the pro's the members recommend for their area, it seems another common question eg.
    County Meath - Headfort Golf Club - Pat Faye - €25 - Launch Monitor available at extra cost

Sounds like a nice idea, let me know when you have created the thread and we can add/link from stickies.
    Yes, thats right, you guys can create these threads too :D

I think no matter how many dedicated threads we have, you will always have new people asking newbie (old) questions.

Domo1982 wrote: »
    I am your Father!

Please leave the thread to feedback, good or bad.

Sounds like a nice idea, let me know when you have created the thread and we can add/link from stickies.

I think no matter how many dedicated threads we have, you will always have new people asking newbie (old) questions.

No problem, you'll see it this evening :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92240574#post92240574

More to come to explain other things and maybe make some points clearer :)

fixdepitchmark If you have something to say then say it please.
    This thread is not for you to orchestrate or incite something, don't try to drum up supportive posts.
    The forum members are big enough to post on their own if they want to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Yesterday I reported Greebo's following warning in this thread. when he was addressing another member of this forum.
    Please don't imply things about players or clubs, if you have something to state then state it, otherwise don't.

You got very upset in the past when people mentioned your name on here in connection with things you had done, afford others the same rights you demanded.

The first line of the warning was all that was needed but instead Greebo goes and makes it personal and borderline defamatory with his next remark. I knew I was wasting my time when I reported his warning because the golf forum is Greebo's show or no show. A quasi dictatorship.

Then to add insult to the poster who Greebo was addressing, he went and deleted his reply to the above stated warning.

Greebo's actions have probably lost yet another good poster and that's a real shame.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement