Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Extraordinary victory from Trump to win against all the odds and the biased media, don't like the guy but that's very impressive.

it was fixed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

Extraordinary victory from Trump to win against all the odds and the biased media, don't like the guy but that's very impressive.

You've all been Trumped, bow down to the Donald!!!
    How was the media biased?, when all the coverage for the last 12 months or so was of Trump only.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭plumber77

I'm sure he will be over to Doonbeg for a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

plumber77 wrote: »
    I'm sure he will be over to Doonbeg for a visit.

And he will build that "Wall"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

mafc wrote: »
    And he will build that "Wall"

Didn't he use an Irish guy to manage the building of the course in Scotland...plenty of opportunities for Irish builders to pick up building work in the US coming up soon...assuming they can get over the border

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Didn't he use an Irish guy to manage the building of the course in Scotland...plenty of opportunities for Irish builders to pick up building work in the US coming up soon...assuming they can get over the border

Yeah CRH share price going through the roof :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

merry Christmas to all the boardie golfers out there. may 2017 bring all you wish for be it single figures or point ones.

I'm getting this one in early. Happy 2017 folks. Looking forward to a new year of great golf & Padraig winning another major :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Will Dublin county board buying the spawell close down the driving range?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Will Dublin county board buying the spawell close down the driving range?

Assuming they go ahead with the proposed plan it mean that it would close down long term I would have thought

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

Some of the lads that work there are there years! Than and its always busy isnt a good sign for us golfers...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Just want to check in and say a big hello to all the Liverpool fans in here tonight

pxZy_f-maxage-0.gif

ForeRight wrote: »
    Just want to check in and say a big hello to all the Liverpool fans in here tonight

pxZy_f-maxage-0.gif

christ you're ugly

Cheltenham Thursday 2.10.
    number 8 simply must win. 😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

Assuming they go ahead with the proposed plan it mean that it would close down long term I would have thought

Ah christ. I had only started going there. So handy having it that close to the city. Next one out is Stepaside or Leopardstown?

ForeRight wrote: »

pxZy_f-maxage-0.gif

great day....simply a great day

Happy Christmas Lads. Have a good one. I'm sure I'll see a few of ye in the new year for a round

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Anyone have an idea what has happened to this forum over the last few years? It used to be a hive of activity with really good threads and chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,767 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

the lawman wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea what has happened to this forum over the last few years? It used to be a hive of activity with really good threads and chat.

twitter

• Advertisement

twitter

Really? I think I see where you’re coming from but can you explain more.

it's 10.18 and I am off to sleep. see ye next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,767 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Really? I think I see where you’re coming from but can you explain more.

Can you explain your opening point ?

What has changed - have you changed ?

You have moved on yourself to another form of S.M. - so is it a bit harsh to just take a dig at your old stomping ground ?

Twitter IMO, is a total nonsense with no attention span or continuity.

5 years ago, people here were talking about SM3 wedges - now they are taking about SM7 , that is the way the world and internet flows. The SM7 chat is as important as the SM3 chat, to the people in the chat. Applying experience to the internet is a flawed concept.

Forums are going to be cyclical.

If your looking for something a bit more interesting - read a book. The internet is short attention span, attention seeking, narrow focused entertainment.

:)

Let them have their time.

Can you explain your opening point ?

What has changed - have you changed ?

You have moved on yourself to another form of S.M. - so is it a bit harsh to just take a dig at your old stomping ground ?

Twitter IMO, is a total nonsense with no attention span or continuity.

5 years ago, people here were talking about SM3 wedges - now they are taking about SM7 , that is the way the world and internet flows. The SM7 chat is as important as the SM3 chat, to the people in the chat. Applying experience to the internet is a flawed concept.

Forums are going to be cyclical.

If your looking for something a bit more interesting - read a book. The internet is short attention span, attention seeking, narrow focused entertainment.

:)

Let them have their time.

Odd. I Thought you were genuinely answering my question and not having a dig at me. I log in here several times a day so it's certainly not an 'old stomping ground'.

In my opinion there has been a huge decrease in numbers which invariably has reduced the thread and chat quality etc.

A mere question and not a dig at anybody at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Odd. I Thought you were genuinely answering my question and not having a dig at me. I log in here several times a day so it's certainly not an 'old stomping ground'.

In my opinion there has been a huge decrease in numbers which invariably has reduced the thread and chat quality etc.

A mere question and not a dig at anybody at all.

Post rates are declining across boards in general, there was a thread about it on another forum. There are a lot more outlets for chatter these days: whatsapp groups, facebook groups, reddit, etc etc that are taking away from discussion on here, I imagine.

I think we also need a mod that nobody gets on with :) Someome to start arguments and hand out cards to spice things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

PARlance wrote: »
    I think we also need a mod that nobody gets on with :) Someome to start arguments and hand out cards to spice things up.

fishing for a job are ya ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Apologies for not being online much and only popping in now and then the last few weeks, my father was battling cancer and unfortunately passed away New Year’s Eve. He’d only received his first batch of chemo on the 18th December but it drained him so much, he got an infection and it was enough to take him from us.
    To say my family and I are devastated here is a huge understatement, am even finding it hard to get out of bed even for my own kids. I know time will heal but it’s tough.
    Sorry for this post, just needed to say something and I know I’ve made a lot of friends on here over the years, just wanted to let ye know

C.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,034 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Apologies for not being online much and only popping in now and then the last few weeks, my father was battling cancer and unfortunately passed away New Year’s Eve. He’d only received his first batch of chemo on the 18th December but it drained him so much, he got an infection and it was enough to take him from us.
    To say my family and I are devastated here is a huge understatement, am even finding it hard to get out of bed even for my own kids. I know time will heal but it’s tough.
    Sorry for this post, just needed to say something and I know I’ve made a lot of friends on here over the years, just wanted to let ye know

C.

Very sorry for your loss.
    As someone who also lost their father just before Christmas I know how painful it can be.

RIP.

so sorry to hear. may he rest in peace. plenty here know and understand your pain and loss. now's a time to grieve and leave trying to understand for another time. RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

That's very sad to hear, especially at this time of the year. Try not to focus on the loss but all of the happy memories you've had with him.

Most of all, don't cut yourself off: there's always someone around who'll talk...

Advertisement