Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Have to say fair play Robbie.

Nice to have an actual goalscorer in an Irish squad for what, 19 years.

Sadly - I'm at a stage where I have seen full careers of players. Well - that ha happened a long time ago , but this one seems more local or real.

So thanks.

Hard to explain how much joy I get out of Irish goals, so the 10 or so important ones were actually a sort of rip the house apart moment.

Thanks Rob - also cool you didn't play media game or Hello circuit.

Class - working class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

Have to say fair play Robbie.

Nice to have an actual goalscorer in an Irish squad for what, 19 years.

Sadly - I'm at a stage where I have seen full careers of players. Well - that ha happened a long time ago , but this one seems more local or real.

So thanks.

Hard to explain how much joy I get out of Irish goals, so the 10 or so important ones were actually a sort of rip the house apart moment.

Thanks Rob - also cool you didn't play media game or Hello circuit.

Class - working class.

WTF has that got to do with anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

It's always been a dream of mine to play for (insert latest club here) :-)

A truly phenomenal goal scoring record, you've been blessed to have a pure goal scorer for such a period of time. What Scotland could have achieved with a finisher of his quality over the same period :'-(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,713 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lads kilkenny or Tipp for the hurling?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 15,847 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Lads kilkenny or Tipp?

been to Kilkenny lots. good city, good pubs. don't know to much about tipp apart from passing through, not really a place you would look at heading away for a weekend!

probably a better choice of courses in or near Kilkenny also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Anatom

Heart says Tipp, but the head says Kilkenny will have enough to close them out and keep the Cup.

I wish there were other options though!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Seve OB wrote: »
    been to Kilkenny lots. good city, good pubs. don't know to much about tipp apart from passing through, not really a place you would look at heading away for a weekend!

probably a better choice of courses in or near Kilkenny also

I think they are on about the other "Stick n ball!!!"

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I think they are on about the other "Stick n ball!!!"

Didn't know they played cricket down there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

What's as "open 4 ball v par"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Feck this. I know we're not playing well but this referee is an absolute joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Was so looking forward to that game last night. Should have known better. 2 hours of my life I'll never get back. Awful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Charlie Charolais

alxmorgan wrote: »
    Was so looking forward to that game last night. Should have known better. 2 hours of my life I'll never get back. Awful stuff.

i think the important thing for jose was not to lose, put 8 behind the ball, job done..
    tough watching tho
    Big 10 days ahead, how many points from ferne, chelsea, city, would 3 draws be acceptable?

i think the important thing for jose was not to lose, put 8 behind the ball, job done..
    tough watching tho
    Big 10 days ahead, how many points from ferne, chelsea, city, would 3 draws be acceptable?

I would prefer 3 losses :D

tough watching tho

Given I'm a Liverpool fan I'd take 3 draws :D

I take it you are a Utd fan then....and you seem happy enough with approach taken Monday. It is only 12 games in for him so I think its different but if he is playing like that in 6 months with that team would you be happy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

I take it you are a Utd fan then....and you seem happy enough with approach taken Monday. It is only 12 games in for him so I think its different but if he is playing like that in 6 months with that team would you be happy ?

Utd were the better side first half. Liverpool were very poor and couldn't string two passes together when they got it.
    Once sturridge was taken off the were far superior with lallana on and coutinho further forward. Two good saves from de gea and a bad miss from ibra the only real highlights of the second half.

Utd happy with a point but both teams piss poor really. You can give out about Utd sitting back second half all day long but Liverpool need to learn how to unlock that if they have title aspirations. It's been liverpools Achilles heel for a while now beating that set up.

i don't see how anyone could expect Utd to open up fully against pool with thectwi teams current form. If Utd had a real go they would have been picked apart by Liverpool and thumped.

That would have been ridiculous by mourinho

ForeRight wrote: »
    Utd were the better side first half. Liverpool were very poor and couldn't string two passes together when they got it.
    Once sturridge was taken off the were far superior with lallana on and coutinho further forward. Two good saves from de gea and a bad miss from ibra the only real highlights of the second half.

Utd happy with a point but both teams piss poor really. You can give out about Utd sitting back second half all day long but Liverpool need to learn how to unlock that if they have title aspirations. It's been liverpools Achilles heel for a while now beating that set up.

i don't see how anyone could expect Utd to open up fully against pool with thectwi teams current form. If Utd had a real go they would have been picked apart by Liverpool and thumped.

That would have been ridiculous by mourinho

Yes a lot of truth in what you say. I do think that is the hardest team we will come up against to break down. West Brom will do the same but they don't have the same level of player.

I think if Utd came in 6 months and did that I wouldn't be happy as a Utd fan myself. Now ok but in 6 months with that team no.

Not happy, MU being underdogs to LP, MU content with a draw, playing poor football
    I’m more used of the 1999 style; Keano gang etc, I’ve been very lucky to enjoy the Man U success of the new premiership, 20 odd great years
    This standard is very disappointing in comparison, but José needed the draw, or more he needed not to lose,
    His start so far has been patchy, a loss on Monday, with city & Chelsea coming up could have been bad news, the not-lose on Monday will keep fans on side for another while...

Not happy, MU being underdogs to LP, MU content with a draw, playing poor football
    I’m more used of the 1999 style; Keano gang etc, I’ve been very lucky to enjoy the Man U success of the new premiership, 20 odd great years
    This standard is very disappointing in comparison, but José needed the draw, or more he needed not to lose,
    His start so far has been patchy, a loss on Monday, with city & Chelsea coming up could have been bad news, the not-lose on Monday will keep fans on side for another while...

Agree with all that.

Question for you - are you happy to have Mourinho managing you ?

Personally I wouldn't have him at my club. I don't like his football to start with. I didn't like the football of Houllier or a lot of Rafa either. I love Klopps, the positivity mirrors Fergies

Agree with all that.

Question for you - are you happy to have Mourinho managing you ?

Personally I wouldn't have him at my club. I don't like his football to start with. I didn't like the football of Houllier or a lot of Rafa either. I love Klopps, the positivity mirrors Fergies

I'm happy atm, he has had success in many leagues
    I think his appointment was partly to keep the non football fans happy, as much as improve the football, get MU back in the headlines, MU are bigger than kicking a ball, they are an industry, so his publicity is good for shareholders etc
    His football is negative, I struggle to watch a full game, pool are the best to watch this season, and I do enjoy klopp

What a game last night.
    With our first ever win over the all blacks and the Cubs ending their drought, I think the way the game is going today and the way the league is shaping up.......Liverpool are going to win the league with 3 games to go. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭benny79

What a game last night.
    With our first ever win over the all blacks and the Cubs ending their drought, I think the way the game is going today and the way the league is shaping up.......Liverpool are going to win the league with 3 games to go. :D

Ha.. I was actually thinking this today myself! Here's hoping!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

What a game last night.

When is the open-top bus for the 'Top of League in November' trophy?

You must have a few of them by now.....

the lawman wrote: »
    When is the open-top bus for the 'Top of League in November' trophy?

You must have a few of them by now.....

not a lot at all, but we'll take em whenever we get em :D

The rugby was only an exhibition game, we couldn't beat the Argies when it mattered in the world cup. Good to be get the monkey off our back but I won't be fooling myself into thinking we could repeat the feat when it really mattered.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    The rugby was only an exhibition game, we couldn't beat the Argies when it mattered in the world cup. Good to be get the monkey off our back but I won't be fooling myself into thinking we could repeat the feat when it really mattered.

I'd be of the same opinion.

BUT......

It always matters when it's the All Blacks :D

Rugby is a different beast. Friendlies in football are just that... matches of no importance. Friendlies in Rugby do not exist. They are test matches. Full world ranking points, full bragging rights.

In way a bit like cricket. I mean, does The Ashes matter? Of course it does. But it's only a series of games between Eng & Aus, no World Cup or whatever, just the pair of them. But it matters!

Maybe Saturday was our Ashes. Axels Ashes :D

What a world we live in. Brexit. Trump.
    How do I explain this to my children ?

What a world we live in. Brexit. Trump.
    How do I explain this to my children ?

You can just give them a leg up over the wall and tell them it will be great

Extraordinary victory from Trump to win against all the odds and the biased media, don't like the guy but that's very impressive.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭paulos53

Trumps win reminded me of this article.

http://www.pga.com/news/golf-buzz/connection-between-election-and-golf

Now 10 presidential elections in a row won by a golfer and most of the elections were against non-golfers. I don't know if Hillary plays golf but she never stood a chance if she doesn't :)

Advertisement