Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The sh1ttiest present you ever got.

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

A present from an aunt who is a teacher. It was a bottle of body lotion but inside the box was a card addressed to her from a student!

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

I heard of a family that agreed to do a K kindle but max spend was 10 euro and all had to be from charity shops.

They said it was the best fun ever as some of th stuff was off the wall.

Stuff made by hand is cool IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Some12

My kids got me back this Christmas. Whenever they are looking for money for ridiculous things, I give them a nice shiny penny...
    This year I got a box under the tree with a nice shiny penny in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭FueledbyCoffee

bluewolf wrote: »
    I'd love that!!

If I still had it I would offer it to you I think the Vinnies or a charity sale got that one. Now when I said glass I meant acrylic, see through stuff - saw one in Tommys in Blanch about a week later for about a fiver (It was a wedding present)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭lanber man

everyone is trying this. massive posters plastered across the bookies windows. imagine a voucher for the bookies. wouldnt be impressed at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Mudmask

For my 18th birthday last year my sister gave me a bunch of t-shirts. They were her maternity t-shirts and because she was back to her original size she no longer needed or wanted them.
    I wasn't pregnant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

When I was eight I got the case for Smackdown: 2000 for the PS1.

That's right, a case. No disc inside, must have been a mistake at the shop. Parents kept telling me "Santa's elfs made a mistake". My Dad bought me it a few days later during the sales though so it was all good :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭thomur

Got an Australan bird clock from cuz in Oz. Makes the sound of a different Australian bird on the hour. Every one of them sounds like the Eircom Phonewatch going off. Have been up at all hours with the hammer in the last few days checking all rooms for intruders

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭thomur

DOK94 wrote: »
    One year my aunt got me a bar of soap!The scary thing is, there was no joke intended,... I took the hint and began to shower much more frequently ;)

In fairness, I once got a 12 pack of Listerene off a girl I knew. She worked for the company that distributed it. Still cant decide whether it was a hint or a cheap present

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

mad m wrote: »
    A mini Hoover to clean car with, plugged into car cigarette lighter...I would of sucked better than it....
    I'd say you say that to all the guys ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

A present from an aunt who is a teacher. It was a bottle of body lotion but inside the box was a card addressed to her from a student!

Who buys their teacher body lotion....:eek: Deffo heading for a D-

• Registered Users Posts: 30 lidllady

I was given a lousy BJ when I wanted Barney :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Mudmask wrote: »
    For my 18th birthday last year my sister gave me a bunch of t-shirts. They were her maternity t-shirts and because she was back to her original size she no longer needed or wanted them.
    I wasn't pregnant!

At least you aren't male.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

an aunt bought me a mickey mouse pink sweatshirt when I was 16
    i got a granny cream plain jumper from Dunnes when I had asked for an aaron jumper

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

A fiver from my Godfather for my 18th...in a brown paper envelope. Felt like I was getting bribed or something, there wasn't even a card!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

My brother once got me exactly what I wanted but neglected to actually give it to me until fooking May! Happy f**king Christmas...

Advertisement