Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The sh1ttiest present you ever got.

Options
  • 20-12-2012 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Right as I have presents on the mind I thought I'd see what the worst present people had ever got was. Let's keep it light hearted folks, don't bother chipping in with, 'you ungrateful so and so, aren't you lucky you got anything.'

I'll get the ball rolling. An aunt of mine gave me a usb key that she'd gotten for free for my 21st birthday. It was useful but a bit of thought wouldn't have gone amiss. I'm sure it won't be the worst but certainly the laziest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

A calendar worth €4

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Jarrod wrote: »
    Right as I have presents on the mind I thought I'd see what the worst present people had ever got was. Let's keep it light hearted folks, don't bother chipping in with, 'you ungrateful so and so, aren't you lucky you got anything.'

I'll get the ball rolling. An aunt of mine gave me a usb key that she'd gotten for free for my 21st birthday. It was useful but a bit of thought wouldn't have gone amiss. I'm sure it won't be the worst but certainly the laziest.

A shower cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

A calculator for my birthday from my parents when I was 13.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

A coffee mug off my godmother.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Oh, it was a banner fuc*ing year at the old Basquille family. I got a carton of cigarettes. The old man grabbed me and said, "Hey, smoke up Johnny." Alright? So go home and cry to your Daddy. Don't cry here, okay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

A Robbie Williams DVD instead of a Robin Williams DVD.

I was not a happy camper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

A sh1t wrapped in tin foil :(

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

Second-hand pitch and putt clubs, 4 months after my birthday from my parents. They didnt want to leave my brother out so he got a brand new pair for my birthday (caus he is left-handed).

* To be fair all my other presents from them before and after this have been class :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭shanec1928

a couple of crappy tshirts

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Someone gave me a box of 1,000 floppy disks in 2009. Not as a joke either... an uncle bought them off a lad whose company had gone under and thought I'd get great use out of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

my fathers father was as tight as a camels arse in a sand storm. the one christmas i actually got a present it was shin and knee pads. but no skate board.
    my brother got a load of dog eared roy of the rovers comics off him as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭Daith

Scrabble instead of Screwball Scramble. There was tears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

kfallon wrote: »
    A calendar worth €4

What was your secret Santa in work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Getting the Jurassic Park dvd instead of Jurassic Pork :(

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

I got Boggle one year....three times :confused:
    And NONE of 'em were Klingon Boggle. (I hadn't asked for Klingon Boggle tbf but I hadn't asked for Boggle at all)

qab QISmaS :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭james142

A piece of paper saying "IOU one present". Never got the present :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

An iPad 2 with NO fecking apps. Cheap bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Daith wrote: »
    Scrabble instead of Screwball Scramble. There was tears.
    Heh, gonna get me Screwball Scramble tomorrow... a tenner in Smyths!

Sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

I'm not really too into presents so I don't really class any of them as sh1tty.

However, my OH's mam gets him the WORST t-shirts for Christmas. They say things like 'if found, please return to the pub' and 'party animal' and 'ladies man'. All of these slogans are in MASSIVE lettering across the front. And he has to wear them.:)

Can't wait to see what she gets him this year.:):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭baldbear

Xmas of 1992 a Remote control car with the wire going from the back of the car to the remote control. i can still remember walking after the car seriously pissed off.I never went outside with it. Damn you Santy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

I got a Guinness bottle opener in a Kris Krindle exchange, I was ten.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭loalae

A small empty cardboard box.

My auntie claimed that she thought there was a game inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭applehunter

My brother put a brick in a box.

He still laughs about it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

socks! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Larkin00

Got a pack of biro's from the poundshop of the mother one year. Not one of them lasted longer than a sentence before it stopped working.

Not the entire Xmas box, simply a stocking filler. But I'll always remember it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

A pair of earrings I already had, from my aunt who said: 'I don't know why, I could totally see you wearing those earrings', 'that's because I'm wearing them right now', I replied.
    I also got a glass treble clef... and a waterford crystal bowl too small to put anything in. I hate those. I HATE those.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

A Westlife calendar off my brother, when I didn't even listen to Westlife. Oh and it also had 'Free with the Sunday World' plastered across the cover of it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

What was your secret Santa in work?

The calendar was last year's :rolleyes:

This year's one was great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

A Hoover from my parents for my birthday. It was useful but not much fun to play with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

"The Hanstead High School Philharmonic presents Sci-Fi themes".
    20 well known sci-fi theme music compilation on CD.
    It was shít.

Advertisement