Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The sh1ttiest present you ever got.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Bambii_

Vests, and from my godmother. Wouldn't mind I was like 12 and it was obvious I was wearing bras by then (early developer :-D) yeah, she was a cow xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭SunDog

Have not enjoyed going to sleep since I can remember and this maybe the other end of the stick but...When I was about 3 yrs I snuck under the pine to see if Santa had come. He hadn't but what I did notice was my brothers(1.5 yrs, plus, staggered, x 2) presents too me under the tree. For my lack of foresight it had not occurred to me to get any one any gift. So a great sadness and of failing my brothers over came me. At maybe 5 in the morning I found a roll of clear tape and some "Din keys" that belonged to said brothers. I felt so proud to be giving gifts(even if they were wrapped an inch thick). This feeling of giving was confirmed by my brothers expression of joy at these gifts. Though after 20 mins of peeling and cutting clear sellotape from a block only to discover their old toy's. Was in fairness a look of "**** you" but 'impressed by your patience with the sellotape'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

A certain Grandmother who thought she was shít hot at arts and crafts made a "potato snowman" for me. Whilst it was a grateful relief from weird coloured socks, unfortunately said potato man was made and wrapped weeks in advance of Christmas with no preservatives added. It was well rotting by the time I got it on Christmas Day and I wish she had just emptied the contents of her Depends diapers into the wrapping paper. Wouldn't have smelled, felt or looked as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

nocoverart wrote: »
    Haha! it wasn't easy. One arm was actually broke and the other fractured, so I only had a cast on one arm. Have a ****ty scar on my arm to remind me of my Mothers lovely present.

A fracture is the medical term for a break. If your break was above the elbow, they don't cast it anymore, as rehabillitation after immobilization takes too long. I met a girl at the fracture clinic with a broken collar bone and she had no cast. Imagine how painful it was for her! It's amazing the number of folk think that a fracture is when the break is in bits...not so. I had a type one fracture of the radius at the elbow and they didn't cast it, just a sling. Dead sore, I still can't straighten my arm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭deblacker

I think it was about 2 years ago, my dad got my mam about 5 empty cereal boxes which he had been collecting over the past few weeks.

They were all wrapped and all, oh the disappointed look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

deblacker wrote: »
    I think it was about 2 years ago, my dad got my mam about 5 empty cereal boxes which he had been collecting over the past few weeks.

They were all wrapped and all, oh the disappointed look.

That is fúcking brilliant. :pac:

There were other various empty things he had wrapped up too, the majority were just cereal boxes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

There were other various empty things he had wrapped up too, the majority were just cereal boxes

Why though?
    Was it a wind up to annoy her?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Jaggy

My aunt gave me a Shrek head that went on the end of pen/pencil. This might have been ok for a 5 year old but I was in Leaving Cert at the time.

Not only was it crap, she made me put it on the end of a pencil and write something with it. This thing weighed a metric tonne and made it nigh on impossible to actually balance the pencil in your hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Lars1916 wrote: »

Just an illusion, just false hopes...instead of being honest, telling me, that pets are not supposed to be a present for christmas

pets aren't just for Christmas, they also make great cold cuts on Stephens's day as well

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Ann22 wrote: »
    A fracture is the medical term for a break. If your break was above the elbow, they don't cast it anymore, as rehabillitation after immobilization takes too long. I met a girl at the fracture clinic with a broken collar bone and she had no cast. Imagine how painful it was for her! It's amazing the number of folk think that a fracture is when the break is in bits...not so. I had a type one fracture of the radius at the elbow and they didn't cast it, just a sling. Dead sore, I still can't straighten my arm.

That is called a comminuted fracture :)

Worst present - The Vard Sisters cd. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DOK94

One year my aunt got me a bar of soap!The scary thing is, there was no joke intended,... I took the hint and began to shower much more frequently ;)

Smidge wrote: »
    Why though?
    Was it a wind up to annoy her?

All just a wind up, he was acting like he got something brilliant all year.
    On Christmas Eve he put all the "presents" under the tree, about 15 in all.

She was so excited about getting so many presents, takin the píss outta me tellin me he loves her so much n all.

You should've seen her face when she opened them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Years ago my sons bought me a cheap (under €2) potato peeler for Christmas. They had run out of money after buying their absent useless dad a really nice present. Wasnt too annoyed coz needed one but was when it fell apart a few weeks later. :-(

Our family does Kris Kindle and my youngest son is responsible for picking the names and texting people who they have etc. Last year he text my brother saying that he had "mum" meaning me but my brother bought our mother a present instead and so did one of my other family members so I got nothing. :-(

This year my sons are making up for things by getting me a Kindle Fire or a Nexus! Nice!

And it seems my mum has me for KK and my older bro had to stop me buying a new phone a few weeks ago by telling me my mum has gotten me the Samsung Galaxy SIII mini!

Great Christmas ahead for me! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Cant think of any yet but as someone with a beard Im expecting shaving stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

The present I hated the most was something my first boyfriend got me when I was about 21 or 22. I'd been a good catholic girl until I started going out with him, and he was always going on about how he was so pleased that it was him who had gotten to corrupt me. One birthday he got me a statue as a present. That would have been bad enough, as I'm not the sort of person who collects statues, so at best it would have been a boring present for me. But worse was that it was a statue of a female bear, dressed in a nun's habit, lifting up her skirt to show slutty lingerie underneath. He said the bear reminded him of me. I didn't like it but while we were going out I kept it for appearance's sake. Then when we broke up I finally got to throw it out of a top-floor window and see it shatter into peices.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 lidllady

This wasn't at christmas but...a windchime from my aunt when i was 8 while my sisters both got art kits, oh the tears,nothing would have been better :(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Christmas '85 I received a purple tuxedo shirt.

I asked my mother 'how many Puerto Rican Proms do you think I go to in a year' ?

Got a brand new bicycle, complete with pre-installed puncture! :mad: :(
    The inner tube had been incorrectly installed and was torn where the valve sits, so I couldn't even repair it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Chronic Button

An origami kit from my sister

...that I had given her for Christmas the year before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

A book about deValera. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

An origami kit from my sister

...that I had given her for Christmas the year before.

You both lose but she wins :D

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

This year I got a hot water bottle....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

A mini Hoover to clean car with, plugged into car cigarette lighter...I would of sucked better than it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

A packet of three Fruit of the Loom t shirts when I was 12 for my birthday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Chronic Button

All just a wind up, he was acting like he got something brilliant all year.
    On Christmas Eve he put all the "presents" under the tree, about 15 in all.

She was so excited about getting so many presents, takin the píss outta me tellin me he loves her so much n all.

You should've seen her face when she opened them.

That's...horrendous. Did she divorce him yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

A few years back I got a present of a book that i already had. nice one, Mam :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

This year I got Gloves with special tips for a touchscreen computer...don't have a touchscreen computer .I also got a magnetic phone holder for use in the car ..but my phone is too heavy to stick to it.I got a Frankie Boyle DVD(hate the cnut).. I got a wooly scarf that Bear Grylls would find multiple uses for not least a hammock..in fairness my own presents where equally cheap and useless.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

My brother got a present some years back and it was a gadget but the problem was the actual box was empty

I think we have a winner

Advertisement