Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you doing for Xmas?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Only just woke up, still in bed. Might have a xmas morning ****.

What? I thought we were sharing?

At last, someone has figured out a way to guarantee a White Christmas :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

drunk

compueters and wine is savage family watchin downton abeey is ****e though i think never got into it

thing i found out this year= lego is still fun to make

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Beer beer beer, sugar sugar sugar, Steam sale.

Oh god why.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Evenin' all. :)

Just got home after a two families in two counties roundtrip. Been on the dry since last night so have just cracked open the Blanc with some delight.

Have a great one!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

10 mile road race tomorrow. Sober Christmas day. Woohoo!
    Great day for eating and relaxing, all the same.

• Advertisement

My 18 month old nephew just dumped a load of tinsel on me.

I look fabulous.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

First up and last to bed. Now that the family is all off in snoozetown I can stick on the muppets which apparently after 8 consecutive years they felt a change to the primetime schedule was needed. Heretics!

On the plus side this year I really made a splash with my choice of board/card games and had to drag them away from the table (King of Tokyo and For Sale respectively). Considering that's my equivalent of being praised for a lovely turkey I'm beaming.

King of Tokyo is the business. Haven't enjoyed a board game as much since that time I played Risk with my girlfriend at the time with the rule you lose an item of clothing every time you lose a battle. We called it Risque.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Drink, drink, eat, eat...Call of Duty...do it all again.

Merry festivities to you Godless lot:)

/King of Tokyo..don't know that one, must check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

suffering because the dentist is closed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Oil of Cloves

• Registered Users Posts: 34,132 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Or swill your favourite neat spirit around your mouth for a while to dull the pain. Then swallow it to dull the pain some more :)

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

We had some seriously rainy and windy weather in Tennessee this Christmas. So what better way to cope with it than lighting a fire.

165862_10151285476117420_368106974_n.jpg

Currently reading The Hobbit Collectors Edition and listening to The Dubliners.

602914_10151285480962420_709117911_n.jpg

A fine Christmas indeed. All I am missing is some booze, however that has to wait until New Years Eve. I'm probably the only Irish man not hungover today.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

10 mile road race tomorrow. Sober Christmas day. Woohoo!

Everything hurts. Bah! Humbug!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

...d'ya wanna join us in a drink now?

...d'ya wanna join us in a drink now?

I've a bottle of Suffolk cider waiting in the fridge to go with dinner. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭smokingman

Finally have the family dues paid on both sides so have until the third until I re-enter the work place. Much resting shall be attempted, small children drugged so they sleep longer, attempts at getting that skirting board that's five years late finally put up (though I do enjoy power tools I may add), cleaning of the house in a "well that's that done; oh crap it's all gone south in five minutes again" kinda way, finding a new car that isn't french, playing bridge but not the card game; the other one where three small kids run all over your fallen self and you secretly get them to run on your back and imagine it's a small aisan woman who has degrees in how to correct sore backs and whatnot, trying to sneak in a few games of CoD on the Wii 'cause I didn't get a WiiU for chrimbo and I like shooting zombies after being punted out of the fantasy football cup by a zombie team, trying to decide between rum and club orange and baileys coffee and generally chilling out until I go into trying to figure out how to blow up a website in the most imaginative and powerful way I've ever done starting on the third.

Ah, love the ole holliers me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Drove back from Tennessee to NH during a blizzard. Worst.Idea.Ever. Took 26 hours over 2 days. Nearly died when an arctic truck lost control beside us. Luckily I was able to slow down and avoid it, otherwise I would be human soup somewhere in Connecticut. Never again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Sarky wrote: »
    King of Tokyo is the business. Haven't enjoyed a board game as much since that time I played Risk with my girlfriend at the time with the rule you lose an item of clothing every time you lose a battle. We called it Risque.

We got King of Tokyo for my nephew too and gave it to him on the 26th. Immediately opened and played, think the adults enjoyed it more than he did :)

Advertisement