Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you doing for Xmas?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Today = 18 year old scotch! ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Sarky wrote: »
    Today = 18 year old scotch! ^_^

Which kind, good sir?

Lidl.

But it's surprisingly good. The brothers just arrived now though, so it'll be pints of white russian time soon enough...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

kylith wrote: »
    Portal is fantastic.

Not a fan, it makes me think too much, which in turn makes my head hurt.
    Batman. Get the Batman games. srsly. Batman.

Also, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a nice mix of action, stealth and existentialist intellectualism.

Will check it out, although I'm wary of spending too much money incase the ghost of the red ring of death comes back to haunt me.

Currently I'm playing Super Meat Boy, which is slowing ruining my life, and fingers. I bought that and Limbo, which looks good.

If you're enjoying Super Meat Boy, keep an eye out for Stealth Bastard Deluxe: Tactical Espionage Arsehole (Yes, that's a real title). Should be out on consoles in the near future, and it's basically SMB with a dollop of Splinter Cell thrown in. 'Tis excellent (shameless review plug ensues).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭smokingman

Spent today bringing the three lads (1, 1 & 3) around Kilkenny looking to get in the chrimbo mood but ended up in a mad frenzy of last minute shoppers. Home now and herself is just finished baking a cheesecake for when the parents in law and her siblings call over after their mass. Will be having smokingboys first real chrimbo in the morning and really looking forward to it. The man flu has hit me pretty hard though so I probably won't be boozing it tonight....always hits me at the worst of times and has nothing whatsoever to do with the abuse my body got at the work Xmas party.

Boxing Day will be spent bringing the circus to Westmeath for the day to see my parents&siblings and after that, I'll be doing nothing 'cept looking for a new car after mine ended up a lot shorter due to being the filling in a white van sambo last week.

Happy drinking/feeding/smiling all; this place rocked again this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,129 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Happy Atheistmas one and all!!!

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

And to you!

I brought back the works for a full fry up in the morning. :D

Oh, it's christmas day. I hadn't noticed the extra holiness because we're a godless family of decadent ne'er-do-wells who only came back to the family home to murder and rape and force women to have abortions because we have no morals.

At least that was the plan, but I have had a whole lot of sherry today and cba aborting anything.

Wouldn't be able to do a fry up justice on the 25th.

We had a full fry-up for brunch yesterday though :) and have a packet of streaky smoked rashers to go on the turkey... yum

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement

I thought sherry was a drink for little old ladies who smelt faintly of wee.

A lie perpetuated by the jealous greedy elite who want to keep it to themselves. sherry's f*ckin' awesome. You can drink it all day without feeling even a little bit guilty, even though it's stronger than beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Happy everything folks. I've decided a fry alongside Die Hard to start the morning is the best plan. I'm calling it "Fry Hard".

A lie perpetuated by the jealous greedy elite who want to keep it to themselves.

I couldn't give a fugg really, but you can prise my Jameson and Tyskie from my cold, dead, fingers :)
    sherry's f*ckin' awesome. You can drink it all day without feeling even a little bit guilty, even though it's stronger than beer.

I actually did a sherry binge once about a dozen years ago - bought a bottle (Harvey's Bristol Cream if you don't mind) as a present for my mam but ended up lorrying into it myself. Not really recommended. :pac:

No need to feel guilty about drinking beer, afaic beer is a little man-made miracle, well not a miracle but a very clever discovery, and distillation even more so - on the Jameson (former) distillery tour they don't really like you pointing out that what goes into the still is effectively a weak beer, but it is.

I'm not totally against fortified grape beverages though, have a bottle of port which will be opened tomorrow after dinner and must be consumed within a few days before it goes off, and none of my guests like it :D

Whiskey tumbler full of vodka, whiskey tumbler full of kahlua, top up what little space is left with milk, and you have a very happy Christmas indeed.

I prefer to fill my whiskey tumblers with whiskey, you heretic! Burn him!!1!

I'm too drunk to enjoy good whiskey properly at this stage. I'll drink it tomorrow when I've sobered up enough to fully appreciate it.

Kids playing with their toys, (allowed us 'sleep in' until 7:30!), turkey in the oven, mid-period Beatles on the iPod dock, nice cup of tea, bliss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭smokingman

Now that Santa is done with, smokingboy has just found out there's more pressies in nanas place....he's now ravenous for pressies....not telling him about the others in grandmas for a while methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

A quiet morning here so far, thanks to not having kids, and the dogs not knowing that there's special Christmas pigs ears put aside for them. MiL will be up in a few hours, so my peace will be a bit disrupted, but so it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Only just woke up, still in bed. Might have a xmas morning ****.

What? I thought we were sharing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Pics or it didn't happen!

I'd forgotten that the OH is working this morning so no fry up for us. Instead I'm having limoncello for breakfast. It has fruit in it!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

I dropped back to chez robindch a short while ago for a shower as Popette is in town and -- long story -- I was prevailed upon to vacate my home for christmas. Just inside the door was a box of candles, one for each member of the extended family. I suspect these are not entirely unconnected with this event in a few weeks time. Cue a sermon on abortion at some point during the day.

Still, snowflake is thrilled with her roller-skates and star-gazing binoculars and has learned the words to NASA Johnon Style, making my tiny little heart leap about "Science lady... it's amazing..." :)

Next up is mulled wine with some ET-compliant neighbours, then a long cycle with snowflake probably around Din Laoghaire pier, then from there across town to the deepest northsoide, followed by a dinner of pheasant and good wine.

/yum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Just back from the gym and getting ready for turkey! Xmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

mine and my partners kids are with the other parents today so we have xmas off :)
    stayed in a local hotel last night , had a few beers.
    home now and chilling on the sofa after a mammoth fry up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Mmmmm, smoked salmon on bagels and coffee.....time for a walk now and it's a gorgeous day out. I have to brag about my lovely fella's pressie to me - it'll put it right up to all ye fellas out there ;)http://www.mondello.ie/supercar_experience/

Some man for one man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Obliq wrote: »
    Mmmmm, smoked salmon on bagels and coffee.....time for a walk now and it's a gorgeous day out. I have to brag about my lovely fella's pressie to me - it'll put it right up to all ye fellas out there ;)http://www.mondello.ie/supercar_experience/

Some man for one man :D
    I got my other half a Ferrari experience in silverstone a couple of years ago, she absolutely loved it. I am sure you will have a ball.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

My hoover exploded 15 minutes before MiL arrived. Fúcking great start to a Christmas, house stunk of electrical smoke.

In better news, got volume IV of Sandman, and Red Dwarf X from Santa. I'm a happy nerd now.

Christ on a bike, that was one hell of a dinner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Currently in the MiL's house with the trouble-n-strife and the god forbids. Heading over to my folks now, for more dinner and some alcohol.
    Don't know where I'll end up later, but I have a bottle of Black Bush, so I'm laughin!

Advertisement