Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 17 Match Day Thread

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

KevIRL wrote: »
    http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/961558/history/

Gets ranked 1st in the world 1 week, then down to almost 2 millionth the next week.

Seriously though, is his name real? Cow Dung :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Finished up on 67 points. Did NOT see that coming. Thank you, Santi. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

KevIRL wrote: »
    http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/961558/history/

Gets ranked 1st in the world 1 week, then down to almost 2 millionth the next week.

Jeez, talk about a fall from grace. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

jebforever wrote: »
    Jeez, talk about a fall from grace. :D

I have 3 points less than him for the 2 weeks combined!!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭dublinhead

70 pts and made a few quid thanks to the guy that mentioned Walcott to score anytime during game at 3/1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

233151.jpg

My top 1000 goal is still on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Hit bang on 50 after Walcott delivered! Happy out with that for week considering i only had 10 players this weekend! All green arrows again too wich is nice!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

cazorla (23) got more than 9 of my other players (20) put together!!

Van persie was the 10th (captain)

thank to RVP and cazorla for my 1st good week in about 6. what are these strange looking little green arrows.....they're usually red!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Green Arrows :)

Up to 6024 in the world now so delighted with that... Firast time in top 10k this season...

Aim was to be in top 20-30k by Christmas... So hopefully I dont f*ck things up this weekend...

2 free transfers too so alot of decisions to be made..

• Registered Users Posts: 36,145 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

102nd in the world.

funnily enough, even though Walcott scored for me...had he done nothing, but Cazorla had also done nothing, i'd have probably been better off.

ah well.

thankfully Cazorla doesn't play Reading every week :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Back up to 3,000th, still 20 points off the top 1k.

I actually got the joint lowest score in the top 7 of the Boards money league, everyone had Cazorla!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,145 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

yeah, i was shocked to realise so many still had Santi.

fair play to you all, i was possibly too impatient with him.

SlickRic wrote: »
    yeah, i was shocked to realise so many still had Santi.

fair play to you all, i was possibly too impatient with him.

I reckon only for Bale getting injured alot wouldnt have had him..

I wouldnt have - I swapped him for Bale last week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

iMuse wrote: »
    233151.jpg

My top 1000 goal is still on :)

My goal for this week was top 1000 in the world and over 1000 points...

meh_zps5deeb4ae.png
    closeenough.png?1317606898

thewools wrote: »
    I reckon only for Bale getting injured alot wouldnt have had him..

I wouldnt have - I swapped him for Bale last week.

Lucky f**ker! I've had him since Day 1.

I did the genius move of swapping Mata out for Bale. At a 4 point hit :(

roryc wrote: »
    Lucky f**ker! I've had him since Day 1.

I did the genius move of swapping Mata out for Bale. At a 4 point hit :(

I had Santi from the start but transferred him out in GW 12 for Silva and brought Santi back in GW 16 for Bale.

The plan was to transfer Bale back in for Santi this GW but I dont think I do that that now..

How to get Bale back into my team is the problem now though... ??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Soooo tempted to wildcard......

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Soooo tempted to wildcard......

Don't do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

SlickRic wrote: »
    102nd in the world.

funnily enough, even though Walcott scored for me...had he done nothing, but Cazorla had also done nothing, i'd have probably been better off.

ah well.

thankfully Cazorla doesn't play Reading every week :D

Had him from day 1 and took him out for this gameweek. Would have been fine if Giroud had started but Le Fondre coming off the bench to score and Giroud only getting a couple of minutes was a real kick in the teeth. Came 1,388 in the world last year and that was after forgetting to change my team for the big DGW at the end but everything has just gone wrong this season. Thank god the boards money league has monthly prizes or else I'd probably give up. Even though I'd probably be pretty close to this months prize if not for my brilliant move of taking a 4 point hit for 2 players who got 24 more points than the ones I brought in.

Liam O wrote: »
    Had him from day 1 and took him out for this gameweek. Would have been fine if Giroud had started but Le Fondre coming off the bench to score and Giroud only getting a couple of minutes was a real kick in the teeth. Came 1,388 in the world last year and that was after forgetting to change my team for the big DGW at the end but everything has just gone wrong this season. Thank god the boards money league has monthly prizes or else I'd probably give up. Even though I'd probably be pretty close to this months prize if not for my brilliant move of taking a 4 point hit for 2 players who got 24 more points than the ones I brought in.

Who is running the boards money league? I've asked numerous times and actually have no clue what the prizes are! Is it winner take all? Top 3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

55 points this week WITHOUT Cazorla so fantastic score ^^ and inside the top 20 000. Happy enough with that.

Tactic this year seems to be now to get the right attacking player(s) facing Reading. Tevez should start now that Balotelli has excluded himself from Man City and the PL ? Almost tempted to take a 4 pt hit to get a City midfielder for Fellaini too...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

roryc wrote: »
    Who is running the boards money league? I've asked numerous times and actually have no clue what the prizes are! Is it winner take all? Top 3?
    mirwillbeback

He usually appears early each month to announce the monthly winner of the now worryingly titled 'No longer employed' league.

Paying out 5 places and the monthly winner.

There's a bit more detail buried somewhere in the Paid Fantasy Football Thread in the Soccer forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

S.M.B. wrote: »
    mirwillbeback

He usually appears early each month to announce the monthly winner of the now worryingly titled 'No longer employed' league.

Paying out 5 places and the monthly winner.

There's a bit more detail buried somewhere in the Paid Fantasy Football Thread in the Soccer forum.

Ah! Thanks for that.

thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056706221&page=14

page 8 has the prize money breakdown

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

45 points still gave me all green arrows! Happy with the score.
    Friend of mine was worried - he only had 28 points with captain Cazorla left to play. He is not worried any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

69 for the week up to 5000 in the world not bad .

Advertisement