Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 17 Match Day Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

51 all out. Bonus points for Silva (1), Shawcross (2) and RVP (3 x 2). Had Demel on the bench who got a clean sheet but nevermind that I've gone to the top of my money league and I'm delighted!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Personally I'm all for banter but you discouraged me a couple of weeks ago, some incident when someone lol'd RVP not scoring. Now some guy with 20 odd posts makes a comment and you're calling him out since things worked out for you, another week they mightn't have and we probably would have heard no more about it, fact is he never told you his team, who's to know how he done.

If I'm being honest the rolleyes thing annoys me.

Haha you're damn right I'm calling him out because *shocker* he called us out first! You see, anyone that comes up with that bullish!t is going to get it. I've asked him to post his team. He didn't.

Anyways I'm hoping to get to 50 for the week. It's not a week where people are going to pull away but want to match my opponents at the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

ATTN JOLIM,

Please post your team or preferably the team of someone who scored more than 50 points this week;):pac:

ATTN JOLIM,

Please post your team or preferably the team of someone who scored more than 50 points this week;):pac:

Lol funny man Swiper :D I actually like you, despite your dreadful captain decisions. You should listen to me far more.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,191 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

49 points with Walcott to play - which is very unlikely.

if not, Sterling and Clark come on to bring my score to 53 for the week as Caulker, the fúcker, didn't play.

happy enough.

56th in the world, and 2nd on Boards for the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

57 for the week all out, happy with that as its a low scoring week. Olsson and Jussi doing the business today and finally getting a captain choice right with RVP and bringing in Aguero for Fletcher this week also worked out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

42, with Cazorla to play.

Come on Santi, where's my Christmas present.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

ATTN JOLIM,

gloating after 1 good week are we?

made a horrendous decision to put in caulker...argh. is this going to happen very often?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Hmmm. On 39 at the min with 5 points to come off the bench, so 44.

Have Mert and Santi playing tomorrow, so it could get very good if Santi does something special, but worst case I should still be above average, which will be ok. Bit of a weird week! Nobody did anything for me, bar RVP, who thankfully I captained.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

according to the paper round up on SSN fellaini will only get punished for the most serious offence and is likely to only face a 3 match ban.
    will still be getting rid though as i imagine his price will plummet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

44 with cazorla to play. luckily i didn't gamble on defoe as captain.

i got 30 of those points from 2 players (RVP captain 24 and McCauley 6)

the other 8 players chipped in with 14 between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

jolim24601 wrote: »

made a horrendous decision to put in caulker...argh. is this going to happen very often?

Fúck sake, thats the last time I defend you, read back thru the last page.:(

Caulker not playing?

yeah, it will.

i'll be getting rid very soon, as once BAE is back, Caulker's gametime will be at least halved IMO.

first choice will be, IMO...

Walker
    Gallas
    Vertonghen
    BAE.

Kaboul is also to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Just logged on to see I've had a fairly **** week, no player scoring above two except captain fantastic RVP.

35 points with another 5 coming off the bench, surprisingly enough only dropped back to 6,000th. Cazorla to play later.

No one is gloating mate, you called people idiots so you are going to have to expect to be called about it when it goes wrong.

Caulker was at massive threat of rotation this weekend since BAE and Dawson were due back. Gallas is doing enough to keep him out of the team.

roryc wrote: »
    Just logged on to see I've had a fairly **** week, no player scoring above two except captain fantastic RVP.

35 points with another 5 coming off the bench, surprisingly enough only dropped back to 6,000th. Cazorla to play later.

Despite all the players playing yesterday, I somehow only dropped back 200 places although I think may people will have WHU defenders coming off the bench tonight. 44 with Cazorla and Federici to play. Hoping for either a Caz patented away performance or a Federici penaltly save #clutchingatstraws.

Fully expect 4 points tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

44 with Shorey and Walcott (or 2pts from Sterling) to go.

Captain RVP with 24, McAuley 6 and Pienaar 5 to the rescue. Bego, Baines, Fellaini, Michu, Defoe and Suarez combined for a massive 9 points :rolleyes:

I'm sh!tting it now...

Walcott is expected to be fit. Just sold him because of injuries/contract talks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

players always up their game in and around contract talks tbh

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Walcott is expected to be fit. Just sold him because of injuries/contract talks :(

that might be the best news i've heard all day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

SlickRic wrote: »

that might be the best news i've heard all day.

bloody well right. considering what he did to reading last time round

manual_man wrote: »
    bloody well right. considering what he did to reading last time round

if he does well my position could be a lot better than I ever dreamed of before the West Brom-West Ham game yesterday.

only captain RVP had done anything.

a Jussi and Olsson clean sheet was a huge boost, but a Walcott supershow could be the icing on it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

40 points after bonus, with Sterling to replace Bale and Shorey (presumably) to come in for Rafael.

I think I might have to abandon the convention of picking goalkeepers based on home/away fixture, or at least not allow it to influence me as much. Begovic on the bench last week while West Ham and Jussi ship 3 goals, and this week Jussi sitting on his todd with 7 points to Begovic's solitary point.

Despite a modest return I've moved from just outside 150k to 60k in the rankings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

33 points with just Cazorla to play. Need a big one for him. He is one of the front runners to get shipped out this week too, to allow for some City cover.

Despite a modest return I've moved from just outside 150k to 60k in the rankings.

anything above 35 is a respectable week so far, so that doesn't surprise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm sh!tting it now...

please dont be true i sold him on sat morning for fellani

it was always 50-50 Walcott being fit tonight.

it could still go either way.

the fact he had until Monday to get fit swayed my decision to keep him in the team, and the fact that if he was fit, it'd be Reading away.

you need a few of these 50-50s to go right over the course of the season. some will also go against you. it's just the way the game rolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

SlickRic wrote: »
    it was always 50-50 Walcott being fit tonight.

it could still go either way.

the fact he had until Monday to get fit swayed my decision to keep him in the team, and the fact that if he was fit, it'd be Reading away.

you need a few of these 50-50s to go right over the course of the season. some will also go against you. it's just the way the game rolls.
    ye it was a 50/50 alright had a good few injury doubts and with his price dropping i decided to offload him very reluctantly. Theres no doubt when fit at his current price he offers great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm sh!tting it now...

Where did you hear that? I have Walcott, Santi and Shorey so hoping for another 7-5 thriller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Would give anything for Waclott to play and have a stormer tonight! 42 at the moment! Waclott bumping me up to a nice round 50 would be a grand end to the gameweek!:)

Advertisement