Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭BearBanjer

This is a story my cousin told me. It happened in the 1970s.

She, like the rest of us, lived in north London, an area which was home to thousands of Irish immigrants from the 1950s onwards.

She was about 14 at the time, coming home from a friend's house in Finsbury Park....

So good I thanked it twice.

What a great thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 1time

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

ONE TIME I WAS HITCHING FOR A LIFT HOME AT NIGHT AND A CAR PULLED IN ABOUT 10 FEET AHEAD THEN I WALKED UP AND OPENED THE PASSENGER DOOR AND THERE WAS A SKELETON DRIVING THE CAR

LET THE THREAD LIVE! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Click click click click click Click click click click click Click click click click click

CRUTCHES!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 zozo339

More of a chilling, spirit story.

So about two three years ago on quite a hot summer night, I was at my cousins house, now I don't like the time between 2am and 4 am, as I know 3am is the start of the witching hour.

I was sat in bed, in my room which was the spare room at the time, which by the way has a stiff to open door on it which is a "consentina" type door, so I was on my cousins laptop as we were having a sleepover and he had gone to sleep as it was late and we were both very tired.

I'm just looking up random things and seeing whether anyone was on fb and no one was online, out of my 100 odd friends, at around 2:45 am. So I'm sat there and it reaches around 3:05 am and I'm trying to rush to get ready for bed as I hate this time in the morning, gives me chills. So I sat down after taking my makeup off and close the laptop down, and as I do so, the door opened with such a bang against the opposite wall, and it scares me stiff, I pretend to fall asleep as I thought it was my auntie or uncle telling me to sleep as they used to. But I felt it was different this time, and I felt a presence and went cold. I started to feel sick, I peered over at the door and the light that was on in the hallway wasn't anymore, and it was sort of black in the doorway, feeling very uncomfortable, i count to 3 and run for my life into my cousins room, trying to wake him but he doesn't wake up when he's usually easy to stir. He just murmurs Zoe, don't. And then I look at him and think I've got to go to bed, I walk back, wary, and go to open the bathroom door, but something is pulling it from me on the otherside, I hear a weird noise, a quiet breathing, and try to jam my door shut with my towel rack, later on at around 5am I wake up and hear heavy breathing in my ear, and the door opens then shuts. The towel rack was back in its original place.

**** me right up and when I went home. I slept in my parents room for at least 6 weeks after. Still gives me chills to this day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

My mam years ago used live near a graveyard in the back of beyonds in rural kerry . She was about 10 or 11 . It was getting dark on a nice late summers evening .
    Herself and a neighbour were walking thru the graveyard rambling really in no hurry.
    Mam telling me about years later was casually walking along looking at nothing in particular but she knew she was in the older side of the grave yard.
    She said she noticed something on one of the graves further down from her so she went over to see what it was .
    While she was walking towards it she was able to make out that it looked like some iron thing sort of part of a gate but the paint was half worn off it and it had been blue at some stage , the closer she got to it she said she was getting a bit uncomfortable but. kept going nonetheless .
    As soon as she got up to it and she still says 70 or so years on as clear as day , it looked like it folded or melted into the grave.
    By the time she was in front of the grave all that was on it was just the grass which had a small furrow like something had been lying on it but had been taken off as the grass was flatted down in a circle .
    When she shouted at her friend she came up and the dog that was with them came by her as well.
    Her friend noticed nothing but the dog was growling lowly like it had met something it did not like and was a bit afraid and felt threatened .
    The dog growling for no reason kinda scared them so they hurried out of the place .
    At home later recalling the place and the grave her friends mother said that one of the people in that grave had died years before in some sort of fight .

If I ever bring up that memory to mam now she will tell me the story word for word as if it happened yesterday ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

I honestly have no idea whether this is something I dreamed/made up but it's been a memory for as long as I can remember.
    I remember being in my cot, I was able to stand and speak some bit. Directly facing me were some shelves, and a large rag doll was on one of them. The doll moved about half way across the room and just stayed there. I called out for my Mom but my Dad came in to check on me. My parents say I've been telling this story since I was tiny and it was probably just my imagination. I can still picture it all perfectly though.

The second one isn't really that scary. I was at work a few months ago. I was at the registers and noticed this guy in the queue - he was just standing there but I just found him so creepy. He ended up coming to my register (out of about 6-8 open). The whole transaction was just weird, and I can't even explain why. He didn't talk to me when I said "hi" and the usual stuff we're told to say, but that happens a lot with customers. About 5 minutes later one of the girls working on the floor came up to me and asked did I think that guy was odd - because she had gotten a weird vibe from him too. She said he just stood still in the middle of her department for ages. I hadn't seen any of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Zed Bank

I never got what was so hilarious with the Aciiiiiiiid post?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Zed Bank wrote: »
    I never got what was so hilarious with the Aciiiiiiiid post?

That's because you're dead inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Just sitting here messing around on boards and the tv switched itself on behind me, then started flicking through the menu screen. :eek:
    It's freaked me the fcuk out anyway!! Never seen it turn on by itself before.

Freaky ass ghosts in the house want to watch 2 broke girls it seems.

Edit- Fooooook it did it again. Nope. Feck this, I'm off to bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Just sitting here messing around on boards and the tv switched itself on behind me, then started flicking through the menu screen. :eek:

You sat on the remote?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

alroley wrote: »
    I honestly have no idea whether this is something I dreamed/made up but it's been a memory for as long as I can remember.
    I remember being in my cot, I was able to stand and speak some bit. Directly facing me were some shelves, and a large rag doll was on one of them. The doll moved about half way across the room and just stayed there. I called out for my Mom but my Dad came in to check on me. My parents say I've been telling this story since I was tiny and it was probably just my imagination. I can still picture it all perfectly though.

The second one isn't really that scary. I was at work a few months ago. I was at the registers and noticed this guy in the queue - he was just standing there but I just found him so creepy. He ended up coming to my register (out of about 6-8 open). The whole transaction was just weird, and I can't even explain why. He didn't talk to me when I said "hi" and the usual stuff we're told to say, but that happens a lot with customers. About 5 minutes later one of the girls working on the floor came up to me and asked did I think that guy was odd - because she had gotten a weird vibe from him too. She said he just stood still in the middle of her department for ages. I hadn't seen any of this.

Does your father remember the doll incident or just you talking about it?

As for the second - I think I would have asked security to take a look at the cctv footage that day and check out that guy for future reference. It always pays to listen to gut instinct in my experience or maybe he was just spaced out on something.

You sat on the remote?

Haha, no. I immediately thought that but I looked up and there it was sitting where it usually is on another armrest in the room. And I hadn't hit any setting changes or anything throughout the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Do you have (geographically) close neighbours?

They could be 2 Broke Girls fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Anyone nearby with a similar tv? When I was in college and massively annoying my friends and I went sneaking around campus changing people's tv stations at night time because all the apartments had the same tvs and remotes. :o Could just be interference?

If you live in the middle of a field, though, then run! Run for your life!!! If those ghosts are into 2 Broke Girls who knows what depths of depravity they'll sink to!

Vojera wrote: »
    Anyone nearby with a similar tv? When I was in college and massively annoying my friends and I went sneaking around campus changing people's tv stations at night time because all the apartments had the same tvs and remotes. :o Could just be interference?

If you live in the middle of a field, though, then run! Run for your life!!! If those ghosts are into 2 Broke Girls who knows what depths of depravity they'll sink to!

Also, if it's in line of sight to a window, lots of smartphones these days have IR transmitters / receivers with a ton of apps that allow them to be used as TV remotes. Could be a creepy stalker in the bushes who wanted to watch some TV mid-stalk.

In the middle of a farm in Leitrim so eh, no. Definitely no neighbours close enough for that. It is in view of a window though, but the curtains were closed.
    The cat came back in the window shortly after that and wouldn't settle in the house, kept staring down the hallway and then wanted back out again.

Weird but prob some sort of explanation behind it:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Do you have (geographically) close neighbours?

They could be 2 Broke Girls fans.

2 Broke Girls fans? Now that is unnerving.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

In the middle of a farm in Leitrim so eh, no. Definitely no neighbours close enough for that. It is in view of a window though, but the curtains were closed.
    The cat came back in the window shortly after that and wouldn't settle in the house, kept staring down the hallway and then wanted back out again.

Weird but prob some sort of explanation behind it:pac:

Did you have it set as a reminder? By you I mean someone with bad taste in your immediate family ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

We had a problem recently with our home cinema system turning on and flicking through the menu of it's own accord. We opened it up and disabled the touch screen on the front and that fixed it.

• Advertisement

razorblunt wrote: »
    Did you have it set as a reminder? By you I mean someone with bad taste in your immediate family ;-)

Nope, it's only me that uses this tv, not any sort of fancy one, been here 6 or 7 years now. I'll just chalk it up to the pookies running around here. The ones that like laughtracks and crappy acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Does your father remember the doll incident or just you talking about it?

As for the second - I think I would have asked security to take a look at the cctv footage that day and check out that guy for future reference. It always pays to listen to gut instinct in my experience or maybe he was just spaced out on something.

He does, but he says the doll was on the shelf and not in the middle of the room when he came in.
    It very well could have been my imagination but the fact that it's such a clear memory and I think my earliest memory too is kind of strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

CRUTCHES!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Rory Gallagher

Ah finally I hope to revive what is the best thread on AH.

Last night at around 3:00 am I was in my sitting room relaxing,Watching 2001:A Space Odyssey.
    Suddenly I heard a loud bang and what sounded like my door being kicked in,I was terrified obviously and picked up a poker then proceeded into the kitchen(I was shaking at this point).I walked into into the kitchen and my door was wide open,I went around the house looking.

Turns out I forgot to lock the door and my dog jumped and opened the handle.
    Guiltiest looking dog ever.

Last night at around 3:00 am I was in my sitting room relaxing,Watching 2001:A Space Odyssey.
    Suddenly I heard a loud bang and what sounded like my door being kicked in,I was terrified obviously and picked up a poker then proceeded into the kitchen(I was shaking at this point).I walked into into the kitchen and my door was wide open,I went around the house looking.

You are a good man doing the good work. :cool:

MagicIRL wrote: »
    You are a good man doing the good work. :cool:

Thank you.

Hopefully people bring this thread back to the forefront,Best thread going.

Unfortunately it seems like everyone has posted their creepy or unnerving stories and the only way forward would to make some up. :pac:

Unfortunately it seems like everyone has posted their creepy or unnerving stories and the only way forward would to make some up. :pac:

This one time, I was trying to get home. I was walkin' along trying to thumb a lift as I was completely broke. It was mad late and this car pulled in just ahead of me. Deadly says I. Sprint up to the passanger's side, open the door and I shít you not, there was a fúcking skeleton driving the car.

• Advertisement

MagicIRL wrote: »
    This one time, I was trying to get home. I was walkin' along trying to thumb a lift as I was completely broke. It was mad late and this car pulled in just ahead of me. Deadly says I. Sprint up to the passanger's side, open the door and I shít you not, there was a fúcking skeleton driving the car.

I went to see this reboot of the Aciiiiiiiiiiid saga with high hopes as I really enjoyed the original. Unfortunately MagicIRL went with the contemporary style of making everything more casual, and in so doing I think they lost the gravity that made the original so compelling. That said, it is still a reasonably faithful reproduction and worth the price of admission.

All in all, I would say that if you haven't seen the original, you should check it out, but the reboot isn't a completely terrible way to while away a coffee break. 6/10, not sure if I'd see again.

Advertisement