Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Rory Gallagher

Lads this thread is running dry of frequent stories, Like before it will of course be revived with constant barrages of frightening ****.

In the meantime look at this website, didn't sleep over some of the crazy **** on this

Ok, one I posted in Mysteries of the Unexplained some years ago... this isn't my story, but my ma's.

I was a baby and had measles, my mam was lying awake in bed around 1am holding me as I was very ill. This was in a bungalow in the middle of absolute nowhere in 1982. My grandparents were asleep in a room on the other side of the house.

My mother heard this "whirring" noise, and a bright light shining straight through the window, like a spotlight, bright as day. The noise continued for minutes, and the light, woke my grandmother, on the other side of the house, who came into my mother's room. Then they both worried for my older brother who was asleep in a room on the other side, up the hall. The noise and lights stopped as suddenly as they had started. My gran checked on my brother who was fast asleep. Neither of them could explain what they had heard and seen. People have offered explanations, such as:

Helicopter: Plausible, and most likely, but it was the bogs of Wexford miles from anything in early 1982, why was a helicopter with a spotlight over our bungalow?

Tractor: No. It would have had to have been in our paddock for the lights to have hit both sides of the house, they don't "whirr" either, and they would have definitely heard a tractor coming up our driveway.

Lamping rabbits: No chance. This was a heavy beam of light that was both sides of the house, and torches don't whirr.

Imagination/Sleep paralysis: Nope, my mam was awake, as said before, because I was a sick baby, and it woke my grandmother too who came in to ask what it was - both told me the story so unless they had synchronised dreams (which would also make this thread interesting) then this is not the answer either.

I don't believe in alien visitations, but the idea of a helicopter with a high beam sitting over our very isolated gaff in rural Wexford in 1982 is the most plausible. I just don't know why, and none of us are convinced.

Ok, one I posted in Mysteries of the Unexplained some years ago... this isn't my story, but my ma's.

I was a baby and had measles, my mam was lying awake in bed around 1am holding me as I was very ill. This was in a bungalow in the middle of absolute nowhere in 1982. My grandparents were asleep in a room on the other side of the house.

My mother heard this "whirring" noise, and a bright light shining straight through the window, like a spotlight, bright as day. The noise continued for minutes, and the light, woke my grandmother, on the other side of the house, who came into my mother's room. Then they both worried for my older brother who was asleep in a room on the other side, up the hall. The noise and lights stopped as suddenly as they had started. My gran checked on my brother who was fast asleep. Neither of them could explain what they had heard and seen. People have offered explanations, such as:

Helicopter: Plausible, and most likely, but it was the bogs of Wexford miles from anything in early 1982, why was a helicopter with a spotlight over our bungalow?

Tractor: No. It would have had to have been in our paddock for the lights to have hit both sides of the house, they don't "whirr" either, and they would have definitely heard a tractor coming up our driveway.

Lamping rabbits: No chance. This was a heavy beam of light that was both sides of the house, and torches don't whirr.

Imagination/Sleep paralysis: Nope, my mam was awake, as said before, because I was a sick baby, and it woke my grandmother too who came in to ask what it was - both told me the story so unless they had synchronised dreams (which would also make this thread interesting) then this is not the answer either.

I don't believe in alien visitations, but the idea of a helicopter with a high beam sitting over our very isolated gaff in rural Wexford in 1982 is the most plausible. I just don't know why, and none of us are convinced.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ticklebelly7

This is horrible ...

... a chap I worked with came from a farm about a mile or so from the local village, so if anyone wanted a drink, they'd have to walk down this dark winding side road to get to the pub.

His brother, who was only 17, set out one summer evening when it was nice and bright - had a lovely stroll in the countryside and straight into the pub for a session. It was black dark by the time he got out, well after midnight. There was no-one going back his way so he set off alone down the dark track for home.
    It would be fair to say that he was a bit under the weather, so when he fell down on the road, this was no great suprise.
    He picked himself up and kept on walking, or possibly reeling from one side of the road to the other, till he fell down again.
    After the third fall, like Jesus on the road to Calvary, he thought enought is enough, I'm just staying here. So he lay down in the ditch where he'd fallen and went to sleep.

He woke up when it was coming light and made his way home. He was fine except for the fact he was totally deaf in one ear... couldn't hear a thing from that side of his head.

His mother was waiting for him when he got in. He had the usual interrogation about what time of the day did he think this was etc etc ...
    He explained to Mama that he'd been perhaps a tad refreshed, and had taken the opportunity for a quick snooze when it presented itself. Mama was not swayed from her violent speech so he thought he'd play for sympathy instead.
    He told Mama that he'd inexplicably gone totally deaf in one ear.

Mama was immediately full of concern. She investigated the ear.
    What she saw filled her with horror and revulsion ...
    ... he had a slug stuck in it!!!! Had to go to hospital and everything for a slugectomy.

Whaddya mean that's not creepy or unnerving? I frigging hate slugs. I'd rather find a Peugeot in my ear than one of them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

I hate slugs too. Yuck yuck yuck!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 MRedd

I managed one to summon a polthergeist, true story! moved a sheet of paper

• Registered Users Posts: 15 The Goosey Gander

Seen a link to this thread on another site so i thought i'd share my story....

We used own a restaurant in town in the early 90's i must have been at least 8 or younger at the time because that was the age we moved to where we are now.i was out with a friend who lived about 2 miles up the other end of town and in the evening it was starting to get dark fast so i left for home and about half way through the journey i noticed a man walking behind be acting really suspicious.even at that age i was aware there was something up with this man i vaguely remember him stalling and acting as if he wasn't following me every time i looked back.

by this time it was fairly dark and there was no1 on the street and me being terrified i sped up to try get home as quick as possible while keeping alert to the distance he was behind me.when i was literally 50 feet from the door of the restaurant i heard the mans footsteps and i looked over my shoulder to see him sprinting towards me so i ran and just about managed to get inside the door and under the small door behind the counter to the woman who was working there at the time.

i have a picture of the man in my mind just standing at the counter looking dazed.and thats the last thing i remember but my family told me that the guy was just standing there at the counter with his pants down looking over at me!and that two guys happened to walk in not long after and one one of them actually ran up to the guard station and got them to come and take yerman away.i think they found some form of drugs or prescription drugs possibly and drink he had dropped in a bag he was carrying before he chased me so he was obviously out of his mind.nothing came of it anyway i had forgotten about till one day my mother walked in with the paper and showed me an article about a man who was jailed for raping a girl for years from when she was 9.turns out it was the same guy.it really gives me the chills to think what he would have done if he had gotten a hold of me that nite...

i have a link to the article on him but it wont let me post it so google Waterford man gets eight years for sexual assault

• Registered Users Posts: 15 tobybinns

Does a dream of being stuck in a war camp, then the dream ending with an out of body experience with me floating around in my bedroom count? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 MRedd

That reminds me when i was a kid about 7-8 and was going to the store, a stranger stood and looked at me and waived to me a minute later. I surely have never seen him before and I got this odd feeling that i should run away from him even at that age I've never heard of pedophiles or similar human twisted states. I went some other way back and he followed me. I couldn't ask for help because i felt silly for what could i say. I stared running ad eventually lost him. Didin't say anything at home about it, strange it felt like a dream like it's unreal when i got home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I think I experienced sleep paralysis last night for the first time ever. Not too sure though. Me and my gf were walking up a flight of stairs. At the top of the stairs it turned off left and you couldn't see anything. I had a gun in my hand for some reason. Just as we got to the top of the stairs, 2 women walked out in front of us. They both looked fcuked up and tried to grab me and were screaming "Mirrors" over and over again. I tried to go back down the stairs but I couldn't move and tried the gun but the trigger was stuck. Just as they came towards me I could feel myself convulsing in real life and was trying to open my eyes. One of them grabbed me and I woke up gasping for air.

It was freaky enough and it was hard to get back to sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

hefferboi wrote: »
    I think I experienced sleep paralysis last night for the first time ever. Not too sure though. Me and my gf were walking up a flight of stairs. At the top of the stairs it turned off left and you couldn't see anything. I had a gun in my hand for some reason. Just as we got to the top of the stairs, 2 women walked out in front of us. They both looked fcuked up and tried to grab me and were screaming "Mirrors" over and over again. I tried to go back down the stairs but I couldn't move and tried the gun but the trigger was stuck. Just as they came towards me I could feel myself convulsing in real life and was trying to open my eyes. One of them grabbed me and I woke up gasping for air.

It was freaky enough and it was hard to get back to sleep.

Tell me this and tell me no more
    Have you been following the Oscar Pistorius trial?

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

Sounds like a past life dream...they are common
    tobybinns wrote: »
    Does a dream of being stuck in a war camp, then the dream ending with an out of body experience with me floating around in my bedroom count? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

D Trent wrote: »
    Tell me this and tell me no more
    Have you been following the Oscar Pistorius trial?

I had no legs in the dream thats why I couldn't move :eek:

Seen a link to this thread on another site so i thought i'd share my story....

i have a link to the article on him but it wont let me post it so google Waterford man gets eight years for sexual assault

Christ you poor crater. That's horrific. Poor kid he did get.
    MRedd wrote: »
    That reminds me when i was a kid about 7-8 and was going to the store, a stranger stood and looked at me and waived to me a minute later. I surely have never seen him before and I got this odd feeling that i should run away from him even at that age I've never heard of pedophiles or similar human twisted states. I went some other way back and he followed me. I couldn't ask for help because i felt silly for what could i say. I stared running ad eventually lost him. Didin't say anything at home about it, strange it felt like a dream like it's unreal when i got home.

I think I posted it here under a former alias (sorry mods, it was way too close to my real name) when I was about nine or so myself and my mother waiting for the ferry home (my gran lived in England) and this absolute creep came over in the port and started talking to us. No interest in my mother tho- all his attention was on me. It was so, so uncomfortable. My mother'd be friendly but her mama bear act came on, she lied and said we were living in London, gave me a false name and everything.

Anyway, she swiftly made her excuses and said it was time to board the ferry (it wasn't) and as we were getting ready to leave, two or three police officers come up to your man and arrest him :eek: No idea what happened in the end, but if he wasn't a paedophile then my name is actually ivytwine.
    Sounds like a past life dream...they are common

I had recurring dreams of Nazi soldiers breaking down and taking me away from my family as a kid. I doubt it's past life though, probably from movies or TV. Also, the English side of my family would have fought in WWII or remembered the Blitz at least, so I don't ever remember NOT being aware of WWII.

Although maybe I was a Jewish kid in Warsaw once upon a time. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

This is horrible ...

Whaddya mean that's not creepy or unnerving? I frigging hate slugs. I'd rather find a Peugeot in my ear than one of them...

Sweet heart of jevus, just cut my head off the thoughts, :( shiver, gag
    Im gona have nightmares for weeks :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

tobybinns wrote: »

Ive had many WW2 dreams, the 2 that stick out both where in Normandy storming the beach they can feel so real.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭NoCrackHaving

The amount of near abductions or attacks by paedophiles in this thread is so high. I had no idea it was that widespread a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Should have gone to the nearest garda station. I wouldn't risk not knowing the occupants of a car or their intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HistoryMania

Don't know if this even counts as creepy, but still got a shock.

When I was 19 I had to go to the A&E they thought I had a blood clot in my lung so put me straight into the medical assessment ward. Usually the wards are woman only men only and so on, but this one was for both genders.

Anyway woke up to an elderly man sitting at the end of my bed trying to pull my stockings of me!! Got the fright of me life and nurse came rushing down. Turns out the poor man has dementia and has a thing for stockings. When his daughter came in and the nurse explained what happened she couldn't stop saying sorry, the poor girl was mortified.

Anyway as I said not as such creepy but shocked me none the less

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A girl I was going out with a few years back got me aftershave, normally nothing wrong with that till she tells me that its the same as her dad wears and she has always loved the smell on him and she used to sniff his clothes after he had worn it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Xenji wrote: »
    A girl I was going out with a few years back got me aftershave, normally nothing wrong with that till she tells me that its the same as her dad wears and she has always loved the smell on him and she used to sniff his clothes after he had worn it.

.............my girlfriend never had a Dad

Sorry I felt I had to finish your story because it wasn't creepy. Now it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Anyway as I said not as such creepy but shocked me none the less

Ah it is creepy now...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I was sexually assaulted by the tooth fairy

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Xenji wrote: »

Ah study has shown that girls are more likely to gravitate to men who smell like their dads, read that in the journal this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Today would have been the birthday of a relative who I was very close to. I "inherited" a little musical jewellery box after she died, and I store important bit of paper in it as well as a few items of jewellery. I needed to get something important I had stored in it this morning. As I was thinking of her a lot today I decided to wind it up and play the music while I was getting ready to go to work. While I was in another room dealing with the item I took out, I heard a loud thud but wasnt sure what room it had come from. It was the little box, on the floor with jewellery spilled everywhere but no damage to the box and music still playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

jeni wrote: »
    Ah study has shown that girls are more likely to gravitate to men who smell like their dads, read that in the journal this week

Oh god, that is as creepy as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I fear that the regular posters in this thread have finally had their luck run out and have been either 1) murdered by their ghostly roommates or 2) finally kidnapped by that persistant peadophile. Either way, this illustrious thread is slowly dying. This illustrious thread that gave us the greatest forum post on the internet. (See my signiture)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

We should all go on a ghost tour......so I can murder you all :)

Not creepy, but slightly unnerving, and definitely one of the weirder things I've seen in my life.

So I work late shifts and I have a short walk from the bus stop to my house through my estate. Was coming back last night, this would have been around 11.15pm, and this car, a small Yaris type, was driving down the road, coming towards me. Must have been only in second gear, it was driving at just above walking pace.

I assume he's looking for a particular house and carry on walking. Then this kid, about maybe 9 at the oldest, quite a heavy child, races up the road, trying to catch up with the car.

He's really struggling to catch up with the car, and as I come closer I see the driver- he could only be the kid's dad, or at best an uncle who doesn't visit often. He is disregarding the child trying to catch up with the car and wearing a sadistic smile... As the kid tries in vain to catch up, he keeps driving.

Then another kid, younger and smaller, comes up the road, also trying to catch the car. I'm about to ask if everything's ok and the kid shoots me a look which is pure "stay out of this".

So I dunno, some kind of twisted exercise regime? Kids of that age should be in bed on a school night, right?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Love this thread!

Advertisement