Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

saabsaab wrote: »
    Sorry, not that I don't believe you or don't believe that this can happen but have you any search terms or links to that.

I saw this link, which says that static electricity won't stop a watch.

https://www.swagnavigator.com/why-watches-stop-working/

I have a 100% polyester t-shirt, which I'm actually wearing right now. In a dark room when I whip it off quickly you can see the sparks dance across it and hear them crackle.
    The first time it happened the room was bright and I was looking around to see where the strange sound came from >< .

• Registered Users Posts: 36 piggly wiggly

Couple of years ago, I'd call my now ex, mobile to mobile (he was living in Dubai) ... about 3-5 mins into the convo, he started saying "Hiya".......(gap) ........"How are you?".....(gap).... to which i was answering, thinking he was taking the Mickey, until i realised it was a recording being played back to me of our conversation from his side. I sat there stunned listening to him repeat everything we'd discussed, crystal clear. (In Dubai, he thought we had just got cut off and hung up) This happened twice where the conversation was recorded and started to play back on my end.
    It wasnt anything to do with him, in fact he rang the phone company Etisalat (?) i think complaining, but they knew nothing.
    Most definitely, someone, somewhere had the ability to record the conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

The weirdest thing just happened me, I was chatting to my brother who lives abroad with his wife and when I was finished I went upstairs to my room and I was just thinking of them and wondering how long before they would have their first child together and thinking maybe she's pregnant already and then my youngest brother comes into me and says SIL is pregnant! I couldn't believe it! maybe its just a coincidence but maybe two weeks back I was walking home from the village and passed where my cousin works and was thinking of him and next thing he pops out of nowhere! "Alright boi" another coincidence maybe but has this happened anyone else before? its been happening regularly enough the last couple of months but there the only incidents that I can remember.

Always happens to me.

Also this is weird ...but something started happening to me since i was a kid

I will draw something ...or write something ...and it plays in my head ...then i will keep seeing OTHER pictures of it ..or a storyline in a play or on tv over and over and over ...

Then it happens within a few weeks.

I am not sure if i make it happen....or it my subconscious just sees it.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Last week I was walking back to work at lunchtime, a route I take 3-4 times a week usually around the same time. As I walked towards a particular car park I notice a guy walking towards me a few meters to my right.

As soon as I glance at his face, in the space of what was probably less than a tenth of a second, I vividly remembered this guys face from a dream I had within a few nights previous to it.

I remembered his exact facial features but the dream was a bad one, it was violent and there were other people in it too, I can’t remember the details now but it was a fearful dream, a fight or flight dream.

At that moment in the car park when I remembered the dream I looked around quickly and the setting really seemed to match the dream. Anyways I just looked to my left to avoid any eye contact with this guy and kept walking. I really had a bad sense of things at that moment.

No idea what caused it, maybe he walks that route too and I just subconsciously saw him previously. Or maybe this played out different in an alternative reality !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Last week I was walking back to work at lunchtime, a route I take 3-4 times a week usually around the same time. As I walked towards a particular car park I notice a guy walking towards me a few meters to my right.

As soon as I glance at his face, in the space of what was probably less than a tenth of a second, I vividly remembered this guys face from a dream I had within a few nights previous to it.

I remembered his exact facial features but the dream was a bad one, it was violent and there were other people in it too, I can’t remember the details now but it was a fearful dream, a fight or flight dream.

At that moment in the car park when I remembered the dream I looked around quickly and the setting really seemed to match the dream. Anyways I just looked to my left to avoid any eye contact with this guy and kept walking. I really had a bad sense of things at that moment.

No idea what caused it, maybe he walks that route too and I just subconsciously saw him previously. Or maybe this played out different in an alternative reality !

You'll only ever dream of faces that you've seen in waking life. Keep an eye out, you'll probably notice that he's regularly on your lunch time route,
    Feelings from dreams linger after waking, especially if you encounter something that brings back the dream memory.
    I posted this before but once had a dream about eggs, after I woke up the though t of eggs made me feel sick. I walked past the egg section in dunnes and nearly threw up, couldnt look at an egg for about 2 weeks after that dream. What ever feelings I associated with it where still in my subconscious.

Your post reminds me of that episode of friends when Pheobie is angry at ross for something he did in her dream.

The poor lad from the street didn't do anything, I wouldnt be scared of him, he's probably not actually violent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭saabsaab

A few times I have had dreams that foresaw future events. Two could be in interpreted as warnings others of no consequence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭fitzparker

The weirdest thing just happened me, I was chatting to my brother who lives abroad with his wife and when I was finished I went upstairs to my room and I was just thinking of them and wondering how long before they would have their first child together and thinking maybe she's pregnant already and then my youngest brother comes into me and says SIL is pregnant! I couldn't believe it! maybe its just a coincidence but maybe two weeks back I was walking home from the village and passed where my cousin works and was thinking of him and next thing he pops out of nowhere! "Alright boi" another coincidence maybe but has this happened anyone else before? its been happening regularly enough the last couple of months but there the only incidents that I can remember.

Wait, you were talking on the phone and they didnt tell you? then a few mins later they told your brother? id be going mad! :)

While we're on the subject of dreams...

---
    Weirdest/freakiest dream I ever had was when I was in my late teens. I remember walking along a dirt path. A really dusty trail, with very rocky terrain. Small shrubs here and there. Anyway, the trail wound its way up the side of a small hill. There were three crosses at the top; the one in the middle was the largest, and that was the one I walked towards. The men on the two to either side were obviously dead, but I couldn't decide on the man on the middle cross because that cross was a lot taller than the other two. So I clambered up the cross to get a closer look, and looked into the face of the man that was obviously Jesus Christ. he was dead, but his eyes were open. Always remember that the whites of his eyes were extremely white. Like, almost shining at me. So anyway, looking at the face, the clouds rolled in the background; what was previously a very warm, calm and sunny day, was now cold and stormy. Heard a loud, booming voice then: "Jesus died for your sins, not his own." I started falling backwards off the cross, Jesus' eyes became full of life then, and started looking at me. Woke up then.
    ---

Now I was never religious by any stretch (even less so now)... but that dream really unsettled me.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Snails pace

Slowly working my way through this brilliant thread and loving the stories. I'll try keep it as short as I can.

This happened to me last Saturday night, nothing ghostly but very unnerving. I was in my local pub having a few pints. I live in the country and a little over 2kms from the pub in the village. It was a bright frosty night and I decided I'd walk home, I gave my sister a text saying I'll be fine. It was around 12.30 and I had 4 pints.

I live on the end of a long country road (not a dead end). Its about 1.5 km long. Its straight and you can see from end to the other in the day. It's your typical country road with humps, hollows and pot holes. I was up towards the end of the road, about 400 m from home, it's not far off 1 AM.
    I saw the lights of a car turn onto the road and it was coming fairly quick up the road. I got a gut feeling to stand well in off the road. I stood into a field entrance, turned my back to the road and pulled up the hood of my jacket. I wasn't wearing a hi vis. The car passed by fairly quickly but about 10 meters up the road it locked on the breaks and reversed back to the entrance into the field.
    In the mean time I jumped the gate and hid in along by the ditch, there was a little gap I could hide in, where animals would take shelter. Two fellas jumped out of the car, jumped up on the gate and shined a strong torch across the field. I was absolutely shaking at this stage. I remember one of the guys saying "I was certain there was someone standing here" the other fella said "we'll drive around again and keep an eye out". They got back into their car and slowly drove away. This only lasted a minute at most.

Once I knew they were gone I rang my sister and asked would she pick me up. I was literally home but I was too scared to go the rest of the way for fear I'd meet this car. My sister picked me up in a few minutes. We went to the other end of the road to turn around. On our way back up the road, we met the car again and they were stopped at the field again shining in a torch.

I didn't recognize the car, it was an 08 shape Audi A4 with English plates and it was diesel, I knew by the sound. I'm glad I didn't find out what would happen if I met those people.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Slowly working my way through this brilliant thread and loving the stories. I'll try keep it as short as I can.

This happened to me last Saturday night, nothing ghostly but very unnerving. I was in my local pub having a few pints. I live in the country and a little over 2kms from the pub in the village. It was a bright frosty night and I decided I'd walk home, I gave my sister a text saying I'll be fine. It was around 12.30 and I had 4 pints.

I live on the end of a long country road (not a dead end). Its about 1.5 km long. Its straight and you can see from end to the other in the day. It's your typical country road with humps, hollows and pot holes. I was up towards the end of the road, about 400 m from home, it's not far off 1 AM.
    I saw the lights of a car turn onto the road and it was coming fairly quick up the road. I got a gut feeling to stand well in off the road. I stood into a field entrance, turned my back to the road and pulled up the hood of my jacket. I wasn't wearing a hi vis. The car passed by fairly quickly but about 10 meters up the road it locked on the breaks and reversed back to the entrance into the field.
    In the mean time I jumped the gate and hid in along by the ditch, there was a little gap I could hide in, where animals would take shelter. Two fellas jumped out of the car, jumped up on the gate and shined a strong torch across the field. I was absolutely shaking at this stage. I remember one of the guys saying "I was certain there was someone standing here" the other fella said "we'll drive around again and keep an eye out". They got back into their car and slowly drove away. This only lasted a minute at most.

Once I knew they were gone I rang my sister and asked would she pick me up. I was literally home but I was too scared to go the rest of the way for fear I'd meet this car. My sister picked me up in a few minutes. We went to the other end of the road to turn around. On our way back up the road, we met the car again and they were stopped at the field again shining in a torch.

I didn't recognize the car, it was an 08 shape Audi A4 with English plates and it was diesel, I knew by the sound. I'm glad I didn't find out what would happen if I met those people.

Whay did you go back looking for them with your sister? Did you think that she would protect you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

sweetie wrote: »
    Whay did you go back looking for them with your sister? Did you think that she would protect you?

I think that encounter was incidental. They’d gone up the road to turn around and met the car on the way back.

That’s just my “take” on it anyway.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

sweetie wrote: »

My sister picked me up. Went to the end of the road to turn around and on the way back up the road home we met the car again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Maybe they thought they saw someone standing in the gate (you). thought you were upto no good, went back to see what you were at, at that time of night, your gone when they get back ,(hiding in ditch) they shine torch to were what your at in field.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

fitzparker wrote: »
    Wait, you were talking on the phone and they didnt tell you? then a few mins later they told your brother? id be going mad! :)

Well I was briefly talking to them and left to do something, I was gonna come back again to them but my brother let it slip to my mam and younger brother , I don't think they were going to tell anyone for a while, he was beaming with joy!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

You did right to call for help and support. ALone on a dark lane and 2 strange men come after you? Safe thing to do these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

My wife and i were having pints in the cavern club after a Liverpool match and get talking to a guy. He's from nyc i asked him where he goes for matches.

11st bar he said..

Funny you say that, we were in NYC a few months ago and watched the spurs game there.

So did i he said.

I whipped out my phone and checked through the photos of the nyc trip.

There's the guy in the background.

Sometimes it is our perception, or the angle we see things at?

A couple of summers ago I told how I went a long walk the year I was new here. Walked where old paths had been and new to me. And got disorientated .

Saw a house I did not know with a great conifer tree overshadowing it .

When I got nearer, realised it was the ruined house next to my place.. The "tree" turned out to be the 150 year old gable end of the old cowshed caught at an odd angle that changed its shape.

And when I checked with a local there had never been a tree around here.

Just an unexpected distorting angle in an unfamiliar place. I was down that lane in half light very early today and it looked so like a tree that I remembered this .

debok wrote: »
    Maybe they thought they saw someone standing in the gate (you). thought you were upto no good, went back to see what you were at, at that time of night, your gone when they get back ,(hiding in ditch) they shine torch to were what your at in field.

Yep, could be possible. Only thing strange was I didn't recognize the voices and it wasn't a local accent.

fCannot copy/paste on this machine but i found any number of references.
    Try " why do some people make watches stop when they wear them" on yahoo answers.
    A large number of positive replies

Also when we had nylon underwear I had to stop wearing it as it crackled and sparked and sparked visibly . Quite scary.

It happens; finally we tried a fob watch that did not come near my skin. That worked but several wind up watches I tried would not keep time on me but were fine on anyone else. .
    saabsaab wrote: »
    Sorry, not that I don't believe you or don't believe that this can happen but have you any search terms or links to that.

I saw this link, which says that static electricity won't stop a watch.

https://www.swagnavigator.com/why-watches-stop-working/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I'd say they were lamping, (that is poaching) possibly for rabbits but also possibly for the illegal disgusting trade in badgers for fighting.

If they thought there might be a gamekeeper or wildlife ranger watching out for them, no wonder they would be spooked and very wary.
    And possibly, very hostile: you were right to be dead wary in your turn.

• Advertisement

Day Lewin wrote: »
    I'd say they were lamping, (that is poaching) possibly for rabbits but also possibly for the illegal disgusting trade in badgers for fighting.

If they thought there might be a gamekeeper or wildlife ranger watching out for them, no wonder they would be spooked and very wary.
    And possibly, very hostile: you were right to be dead wary in your turn.

Could be right, they had an ethnic minority accent so it wouldn't be uncommon for them to be poaching. But they'd surely use a van and not a car for poaching?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Was reading a book last night in Wow and it mentioned the band Butthole surfers. Said to myself, haven't heard them in years. About 15 minutes later one of their songs starts on the restaurant's background music system.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Lyan

vriesmays wrote: »
    Was reading a book last night in Wow and it mentioned the band Butthole surfers. Said to myself, haven't heard them in years. About 15 minutes later one of their songs starts on the restaurant's background music system.

Sounds about as unlikely as a Dracula from Houston.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

These two will write in about the nutter all covered up in a field entrance who then magically disappeared altogether . It must have been some sort of Night Leprechaun . You didn’t happen to be dressed as a Leprechaun were ya ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

There were a spate of burgularies in my local rural area, one night when letting the dog out do her usual business and run out the back field she went mad barking. I shone the torch at where she was and saw a shady chap in a hoody dart over a ditch into the next field. Called Na Gardaí who were out in 10 minutes and had a good look around. Not suggesting it was the same incident obviously with the english plates (mistaken identity is a real fear in South/Mid Louth at the moment) but it was a nervy experience. The row of 11 houses here all have a field to the rear with the M1 parallel so if not a scumbag casing out houses a dirtbag spying in the back of houses is just as creepy. Neighbours eachside have been burgled in the last couple of years. We've been lucky but out varnishing window sashes during the summer there were obvious prise marks from a srewdriver. The dog is loud but would befriend anyone who gives her a pat - still must be a deterrant though...touch wood. Couple of times driving home a car has been pulled in in a gap in to a field and inevitibly next day there is an old sofa lying in the gap. Dashcams can be useful!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Kind of unnerving....

Went through airport security over the weekend in Dublin. I was selected for random pat down, got through that and then my bag was taken for inspection. They swabbed it twice and alarms were going off......I was escorted away for questioning and they told me my bag had tested positive for traces of explosive materials!!

I've no idea how it happened, not a bag I use regularly and normally in my wardrobe.....wouldn't even know where to start in getting explosive materials.
    I was getting all sorts of looks being escorted away....questioning was in depth too...felt like a criminal. Finally they deemed me not to be a threat to civil aviation! Scary stuff tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

368100 wrote: »
    Kind of unnerving....

Went through airport security over the weekend in Dublin. I was selected for random pat down, got through that and then my bag was taken for inspection. They swabbed it twice and alarms were going off......I was escorted away for questioning and they told me my bag had tested positive for traces of explosive materials!!

I've no idea how it happened, not a bag I use regularly and normally in my wardrobe.....wouldn't even know where to start in getting explosive materials.
    I was getting all sorts of looks being escorted away....questioning was in depth too...felt like a criminal. Finally they deemed me not to be a threat to civil aviation! Scary stuff tho.

Nail varnish remover is explosive, do you use that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Nail varnish remover is explosive, do you use that?

Nope!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Kind of unnerving....

Something similar happened to my friends sister a couple of years ago, they said they found traces of something in her bag, cant remember if it was drugs or explosives but it was very frightening for the two of them, they didnt know what was going on.
    They kept her and her friend in for hours, they missed their flight and were in tears, absolutely terrified and said the questioning was so intense. Obviously nothing was found because they didnt have anything, theres no way they could have detected anything either as they wearnt stopped going through the first time and their suitcases were left in the hotel wardrobe the entire time.

It's crazy how they can get away with scaring people like that. Id wonder do they pick out random people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Monkey2019

Kind of unnerving....

Same happened my father. Found traces of "explosive materials" on his hands.
    He works as a cabinet maker and had been spraying a kitchen the evening before so they said that's what it would have been!

Advertisement