Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

NCS wrote: »
    Heh, obviously I knew he was a scammer of one persuasion or another ;) Just funny the way things turned out.
    Maybe he meant it in his heart. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭The Real Ramona

Ok, a bit creeper out by this tonight. In the last couple of weeks my toddler has casually mentioned to me the "fire in our house". A house fire that supposedly took place some time. I thought it odd but it was always just a quick comment.

Tonight we were chatting and he got really choked up and asked me if I remembered when our house went on fire. He said it was all black and burned and that he was hiding behind the couch from it (there's a small space behind our couch).

3 times he brought it up tonight, among other innocent topics and each time he got really emotional and choked up and struggled to get his words out, eyes watering etc. He kept talking about hiding from the fire and then was so happy when the Fireman found him.

I'm quite freaked out about it. This kid doesn't watch Fireman Sam,or anything like it, so I don't know how he would have seen anything that he is copying or imagining as real.

He recently told me what it was like in the womb. How it felt (quiet, warm, wet, just him in there...) and of the voices in our family that he would hear from in there, like that he could always hear me singing. That freaked me out too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Ok, a bit creeper out by this tonight. In the last couple of weeks my toddler has casually mentioned to me the "fire in our house". A house fire that supposedly took place some time. I thought it odd but it was always just a quick comment.

Tonight we were chatting and he got really choked up and asked me if I remembered when our house went on fire. He said it was all black and burned and that he was hiding behind the couch from it (there's a small space behind our couch).

3 times he brought it up tonight, among other innocent topics and each time he got really emotional and choked up and struggled to get his words out, eyes watering etc. He kept talking about hiding from the fire and then was so happy when the Fireman found him.

I'm quite freaked out about it. This kid doesn't watch Fireman Sam,or anything like it, so I don't know how he would have seen anything that he is copying or imagining as real.

He recently told me what it was like in the womb. How it felt (quiet, warm, wet, just him in there...) and of the voices in our family that he would hear from in there, like that he could always hear me singing. That freaked me out too.

I'd be getting rid to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 12,730 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Get that kid to pick your lotto numbers. And, check the batteries in your smoke alarm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Where did you get the couch from? I'm wondering if it maybe came from another house where there had been a fire, and maybe had a trace of a smell of smoke?

• Advertisement

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Where did you get the couch from? I'm wondering if it maybe came from another house where there had been a fire, and maybe had a trace of a smell of smoke?

No, we bought it new.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Blueshoe wrote: »
    I'd be getting rid to be honest

The Toddler or the Couch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

I had a funny one once. A middle age woman was staring at me before on public transport. She walked over and swore she knew me or met me before. She was very very agitated and was convinced she knew me and had a very close connection to me. When I got off the bus she followed me and kept asking me to stay with her and that she missed me. She looked perfectly normal which made this even creepier. I had to ask another woman to tell her to leave me alone. After a few minutes the other woman came over and said she was totally devestated that I didn't remember her. She said she loved me and how could I not remember her. She was at least 30 years older than me. She even asked if she could hold my hand for just a second. I said OK, the look in her eyes when she looked at me... Very creepy. Eventually I left and as I turned back to look she said my name. No lie. I had never met or heard of her before this. Such a bizzare incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Are you adopted?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Truckermal wrote: »
    The Toddler or the Couch?

Sure it's not the couch that's doing anything freaky

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Hal3000 wrote: »
    I had a funny one once. A middle age woman was staring at me before on public transport. She walked over and swore she knew me or met me before. She was very very agitated and was convinced she knew me and had a very close connection to me. When I got off the bus she followed me and kept asking me to stay with her and that she missed me. She looked perfectly normal which made this even creepier. I had to ask another woman to tell her to leave me alone. After a few minutes the other woman came over and said she was totally devestated that I didn't remember her. She said she loved me and how could I not remember her. She was at least 30 years older than me. She even asked if she could hold my hand for just a second. I said OK, the look in her eyes when she looked at me... Very creepy. Eventually I left and as I turned back to look she said my name. No lie. I had never met or heard of her before this. Such a bizzare incident.
    That is the creepiest thing I've read on this thread so far *shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Many children recall instances of a past life seemingly, often very detailed like the above, some believe it is to do with re incarnation; the recycling of previous energy or what one may call the 'soul'.

Not sure how believable that is, but it's fascinating all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

_Godot_ wrote: »
    Are you adopted?

I'd say he's checking out that one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

I'd say he's checking out that one now.

That was my first thought too. I’ve an adopted sister and we have found each other in adulthood. We look very similar, I often wonder if I walked around her hometown would anyone mistake me for her?

Many children recall instances of a past life seemingly, often very detailed like the above, some believe it is to do with re incarnation; the recycling of previous energy or what one may call the 'soul'.

Not sure how believable that is, but it's fascinating all the same.

Thanks for your reply. I have been wondering the same, but don't really know anything about it either.

I gently broached the subject with him again tonight and again he went from chatting away happily to really choking on his words, nearly puking them out. Poor little chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My youngest daughter, about 4 at the time, told us her Grandad had told her my sister was having a baby girl and was going to call her K. My sister hadn't disclosed the sex of her baby to any of us or the name she had picked. My Dad died 14 months before my daughter was born.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,730 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    My youngest daughter, about 4 at the time, told us her Grandad had told her my sister was having a baby girl and was going to call her K. My sister hadn't disclosed the sex of her baby to any of us or the name she had picked. My Dad died 14 months before my daughter was born.

Aaannnnndddd???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Aaannnnndddd???

Oh yes, she had a girl and called her that very name!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is the house new ? if not could you find out if there was a fire inside previously before ye moved in ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

_Godot_ wrote: »
    Are you adopted?

Nope. This woman didn't resemble me in the slightest. Plus I'm a ringer for my mother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I've had a few things like this . Not creepy at all, but I totally misunderstood what was going on. It's a horrible feeling not knowing and not being able to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Nope. This woman didn't resemble me in the slightest. Plus I'm a ringer for my mother.

Do any relations like your father or uncles have the same name as you? Would any of them have looked like you when they were younger?

Maybe the woman had alzheimers/dementia and was mistaking you for one of your relations with the same name?

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Barney224

Love this thread! This happened to me recently and up until it happened, I've never once experienced any weird things occurring around me.

Recently my mother in law moved into a nursing home. My father in law passed a long time ago and the the family has been around to the house regularly to tidy up and clear out some old junk, mow the lawn, etc. My sister in law was there a few weeks ago on her own and felt very uneasy while cleaning up. She went up to the spare room in the attic and closed the door, went back downstairs and heard the door opening up. She went back up to close it again, went down and waited....after a few seconds it opened again. She freaked out and left the house.

Last week I was in the house and went to the toilet, when I came out I looked in one of the bedrooms (it has a glass door) and saw a toy that used to belong to my son. I opened the door to retrieve it and as I opened it I felt this pressure against the door as if there was wind pushing on it. When it was fully open I again felt a gush of freezing cold wind. There were no windows open and the room was freezing cold....so cold I had to leave. This was late May, and it was warm outside. I felt totally unnerved and left very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Maybe he's having a premonition. It doesn't sound like a past life thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭milehip

Barney224 wrote: »
    Love this thread! This happened to me recently and up until it happened, I've never once experienced any weird things occurring around me.

Recently my mother in law moved into a nursing home. My father in law passed a long time ago and the the family has been around to the house regularly to tidy up and clear out some old junk, mow the lawn, etc. My sister in law was there a few weeks ago on her own and felt very uneasy while cleaning up. She went up to the spare room in the attic and closed the door, went back downstairs and heard the door opening up. She went back up to close it again, went down and waited....after a few seconds it opened again. She freaked out and left the house.

Last week I was in the house and went to the toilet, when I came out I looked in one of the bedrooms (it has a glass door) and saw a toy that used to belong to my son. I opened the door to retrieve it and as I opened it I felt this pressure against the door as if there was wind pushing on it. When it was fully open I again felt a gush of freezing cold wind. There were no windows open and the room was freezing cold....so cold I had to leave. This was late May, and it was warm outside. I felt totally unnerved and left very quickly.

That is super creepy,

who puts a glass door in a bedroom?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Barney224 wrote: »

Your account gives me chills but leaves me wanting to hear more experiences, do you think its a place you will visit again alone? Any history or thoughts behind the experiences?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

That's amazing that a toddler could articulate that. What age is the toddler?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

SirChenjin wrote: »
    That's amazing that a toddler could articulate that. What age is the toddler?

He's 25, just acts like a toddler. Now that's creepy.

milehip wrote: »
    That is super creepy,

who puts a glass door in a bedroom?

It was put it after everyone moved out....to add some light into the dark hall.

• Advertisement

Your account gives me chills but leaves me wanting to hear more experiences, do you think its a place you will visit again alone? Any history or thoughts behind the experiences?

There's no history of any other supernatural stuff as far as I'm aware and the house was built in the early 70s. I'd have no problem going back, in fact I'm curious to see if any other weird stuff happens. Not sure I'd like to be on my own though! :eek:

Advertisement