Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instant coffee

Options
  • 13-12-2012 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Am I the only person in Ireland that loves 'real' coffee but absolutely detests instant coffee? I would rather drink tea when I'm at someone's house than drink the stuff.

Does anyone else hate instant this much or am I just too fussy?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

is the cup half full or half empty?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I actually kind of like it on occasion, but it's not a substitute for proper coffee. It's just a reasonably tasty hot drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

I prefer real coffee but there are times when it's impractical or not on offer. In such situations there are a couple of instant solutions [Carte Noir etc] that are perfectly adequate.

There's some people who make a complete song and dance about instant coffee - acting like it's absolute poison. They're often hipsters.

Tea sucks IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Pessimist wrote: »
    Am I the only person in Ireland that loves 'real' coffee but absolutely detests instant coffee? I would rather drink tea when I'm at someone's house than drink the stuff.

Instant coffee is muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

You're just being pessimistic now.

• Advertisement

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Tea sucks IMHO.

Get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭checkyabadself

Anyone who likes proper coffee dislikes instant. You make tea sound like a second class citizen. Be nicer to tae.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Depends on the coffee really. Some instants are absolutely terrible. Carte noire, nescafe gold blend and a few other are ok

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Gives me the scutters. Absolute muck.

Hate when a restaurant serves instant when you ask for an espresso at the end of a meal. Should be shot.

Moving to the US I expected better coffee, oh boy was I wrong.

Actually, annoys me when people go on about their 20 different ways to make coffee and beans from here and there and different grinds and so forth

....but tea is just a bag in a cup with water on it.

Nonsense I tell thee. Loose tea for the win, and there's a craptonne of varieties to love.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

There's a whole forum for you to bitch about it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Davidoff is decent instant.

padi89 wrote: »
    Davidoff is decent instant.

the aftershave isn't bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Osborne

MadsL wrote: »
    Moving to the US I expected better coffee, oh boy was I wrong.

I agree. Some places in the States serve horrendous coffee. Really horrible stuff.

As for instant, I can tolerate Gold Blend and it's what I drink at home. However, no instant will ever rival proper fresh coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Am I the only person in Ireland that loves 'real' coffee but absolutely detests instant coffee?

Yes you are. This fact explains why there are no coffee shops in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

cant stand instant coffee and will never take it. I will take the microground things (azera etc)
    I wont pay for tea in cafes etc though, only somewhere decent if they give you a pot and properly made tea.
    have a running argument with my mom as i ended up buy a mini-cafetiere and teapot for her house so i could use them

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I drink instant if i run out of filter coffee but if i run out of steak i dont eat quorn. Do you see?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Anyone who likes proper coffee dislikes instant.
    Not true. I love a really decent coffee but have no snobbishness towards instant. I'll happily drink an Asda Instant coffee all day :) That said, there's nothing I love more than an excellent real coffee on a Sunday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

Kenco Milicano really is lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

OP,
    try this instant if have not seen it before-kenco millicano,its the best one have ever tried and have tried every decent one available over here from rocket fuel,douwe egberts,nescafe alta rica and some old posh columbian one of theirs,starbucks VIA caf and decaf etc.
    -put a spoonful or more of cocoa powder in with it for transformation into instant mocha.

-woud also strongly recommend getting a tin of spray cream and some of that ice cream syrup [caramel is awesome].
    put cream on the coffee,and squirt some of that sauce on top...mmmmmm,golden syrup works just as well though if have got a tin of that lying around.
    ****,fancy one right now,we only have asda smart price coffee here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Tea sucks IMHO.
    Banned.

:pac:

Scruffles wrote: »
    -woud also strongly recommend getting a tin of spray cream and some of that ice cream syrup [caramel is awesome].
    put cream on the coffee,and squirt some of that sauce on top...mmmmmm,golden syrup works just as well though if have got a tin of that lying around.
    ****,fancy one right now,we only have asda smart price coffee here.
    that sounds like a dessert ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I prefer real coffee but there are times when it's impractical or not on offer. In such situations there are a couple of instant solutions [Carte Noir etc] that are perfectly adequate.

There's some people who make a complete song and dance about instant coffee - acting like it's absolute poison. They're often hipsters.

Tea sucks IMHO.

Why isn't this heretic banned yet? Don't let him air his impure and bigoted views any more please.

I always thought tea was crap too.

But then i visited saudi.My god do those white gowned boyos know how to make tea.

pmcmahon wrote: »

But then i visited saudi.My god do those white gowned boyos know how to make tea.
    but would they not use bainne out of a goat?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

pmcmahon wrote: »

Nepali milk chai...

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Aciiiiiiiiiiid

People who drink instant coffee should be shot dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

+1 on the milicano,gorgeous,and i guarantee half u experts would not pick it out in a lineup with ur "proper" coffees:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Archeron

that sounds like a dessert ?

Nothing can wake you up in the morning quite like a cup of banoffi.

• Advertisement

but would they not use bainne out of a goat?

milk in tea? pah!,get out of town.

Advertisement