Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neil Young & Crazy Horse - RDS - 15th June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jimosterberg

Seems recent setlists are 13-14 songs long. Seems a little short for a gig of this size and price but Neil has been known to elongate songs live at times I suppose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Potential gig of the year this

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Potential gig of the year this

Indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Massive NY fan here, can't believe I haven't seen him since Slane in 1993.

That's ticket prezzies for myself and the missus sorted so (it was Bruce last Xmas).

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jimosterberg

Dad's Christmas present sorted. Hopefully will be a great gig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Any idea how much for a standing ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

comet wrote: »
    Any idea how much for a standing ticket?

76 € + all the bells and whistles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Thanks, was hoping against hope it might be the cheapest tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Got my tickets - painless enough on the website this morning, thankfully...

€82.10 for standing with TicketB'stard fees...

Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Yup, got mine too, seated this time as I was told that standing was not an option :D.

It's a real nuisance on the Ticketmaster website that you can't select which block you want your seat in, it took me 30 attempts to finally get a seat where I wanted (I kept getting either Block E (too close in the corner) or Block A (too far back)).

20 years since I saw Shakey in the flesh, a re-acquaintance is long overdue. Picked up Psychedelic Pill last weekend, the man has still got it (unlike some other old fogies I don't care to mention).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

MayoForSam wrote: »
    , the man has still got it (unlike some other old fogies I don't care to mention).

brucesteen ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Yup, got mine too, seated this time as I was told that standing was not an option :D.

It's a real nuisance on the Ticketmaster website that you can't select which block you want your seat in, it took me 30 attempts to finally get a seat where I wanted (I kept getting either Block E (too close in the corner) or Block A (too far back)).

Yeah I had the same problem. We always go for seated because I'm quite small so can never see (plus I have a weird phobia thing of people being too close/touching me) however after numerous attempts I kept getting block A so went for standing in the end. Ill just have to have a few drinks and I wont mind so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

All Im getting is the option to buy tix in Block A (too far away), Block F (Too close) or pretty much the back row of Block C?!

Has anyone acquired tix for anywhere on the Grandstand other than Block F?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Got mine sorted first thing this morning(well someone did for me)!!!!

brucesteen ?

G'waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan ourra that.

RE "Got mine sorted first thing this morning(well someone did for me)!!!! "

Where are you in the ground?

poundhound wrote: »
    RE "Got mine sorted first thing this morning(well someone did for me)!!!! "

Where are you in the ground?

No.
    work

All Im getting is the option to buy tix in Block A (too far away), Block F (Too close) or pretty much the back row of Block C?!

Has anyone acquired tix for anywhere on the Grandstand other than Block F?

When I was trying all I was getting was F. Thats where we were sat for Springsteen and if we had been 2 seats to the right our view would have been completely blocked by a screen signposting the toilets. It cause quite a bit of commotion actually, a lot of people were understandably disappointed and were asking to be moved. You literally couldnt see a thing if you were behind it.

Wouldnt give me any others.

Edit - I also tried using their phone service to see if I would get anything different but got the same block A for Anglesea stand.

I tried the phone too and got the same seat allocation that Id been offered over 30 times on the website, Block F, row R, Seat 23?!

There's something amiss with their website.

Just tried again there out of curiosity and got front row of Block N of the Grandstand. Still right at the back though. Though I probably would have gone for that if I hadnt already bought standing.

What was putting me off about being in the Anglesea was the support pillars. Ya just know I would have ended up behind one of those!

Surely all the decent seats at the middle to front cant be sold out?

• Advertisement

Now its offering G Row W seats 22-23

Edit - Block H now being offerd too so try again if you dont have tickets yet.

As long as I keep trying for 1 ticket, Im offered the same seat in Block F or Block A.

If I order 2 tickets, Im offered better seats, but I only want 1!!!

As long as I keep trying for 1 ticket, Im offered the same seat in Block F or Block A.

If I order 2 tickets, Im offered better seats, but I only want 1!!!

Buy both of 'em and sell one???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Just got my ticket there, pitch standing.

i was originally offered a seat in the stand way back so i just hit the cancel button and tried again.

After hours of trying to get a ticket for Block H ( I was there for Springsteen and it was perfect), I gave up on ticketmaster and dropped into Soundcellar.

They have tickets for Blocks C and H only. Anywhere in Block H suited me.

Delighted to have bypassed ticketmasters visa card charges, and I loved the way Soundcellar have wads of tickets behind the counter like back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

I got block J first time out this morning, I've never been to a gig in the RDS yet. Seen Young in Malahide in 2008 and he was magic so can expect probably better this time with Crazy Horse

After hours of trying to get a ticket for Block H ( I was there for Springsteen and it was perfect), I gave up on ticketmaster and dropped into Soundcellar.

They have tickets for Blocks C and H only. Anywhere in Block H suited me.

Delighted to have bypassed ticketmasters visa card charges, and I loved the way Soundcellar have wads of tickets behind the counter like back in the day.

Is Tommy Tighe still there?

Yep, he is.

Yep, he is.

Jesus. Surprised he's still standing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭dots03

does anyone have any idea how close one can get to the front at gigs in the RDS? Is there a front section you can get a wristband for etc. ?

Advertisement