Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cup!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I've more players left to play and I'm 20 odd points ahead. He has Ba captain and I have Mata. I don't have Ba and he doesn't have Mata so he gets no bonus points so far. Should go through.

Good work how many rounds will you have won through now.Must be down to last 50,000 or so at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I'm up 47-44 before bonus points,

He has Cole and Ba (Captain) to play vs Southampton

I have Walcott to play vs city, Mata, Cole and Lambert

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Think its safe to say i am through to the next round, im on 45 with Gibbs and Walcott still to play plus (c)Mata and Ba on Wednesday.

My opponent is on 24 with 6 coming off the bench and nobody left to play :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Think its safe to say i am through to the next round, im on 45 with Gibbs and Walcott still to play plus (c)Mata and Ba on Wednesday.

My opponent is on 24 with 6 coming off the bench and nobody left to play :)

Easy now. Captain Mata could go and do a Walters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Squeeky bum time for me, I predict we'll be about all square after the bonus points are added. He's got Mata and Ba on wednesday. I have Mata(c), Luiz and Puncheon, unless Ba scores at least one I'll probably go through but who knows.

• Advertisement

Bonus points have been very generous to me, I'm 9 clear, only an absolute goalfest for Ba can send me out I'd say:D:cool:

Bonus points have been very generous to me, I'm 9 clear, only an absolute goalfest for Ba can send me out I'd say:D:cool:

Same for me, I'm 10 clear. He has ba captain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Im through anyway, 15 ahead with Mata(c), Cech and Luiz to play and he only has Mata.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

If I get through it'll be a miracle. Wildcard has been a disaster so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Good work how many rounds will you have won through now.Must be down to last 50,000 or so at this stage.

This is the 5th round. In the 6th round there will be 65,536 players left. I imagine all the dead teams are weeded out by then. Unless someone just decides to quit now and doesn't change their team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Through again, 56-48 with Mata (c) to go while he has no-one left. 4th zombie team out of 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,199 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

never made it this far in the Cup.

to be fair, it's just a case of concentrating on the overall ranking, and hopefully the Cup takes care of itself for a while.

i'll easily make it through to round 6.

he wasn't a zombie team; just a bit shít.

I try to do the best I can every week no matter what, however while I'm involved in the cup I'd be slow enough to take points hits, I did it in the first week but not since, I should be safely through after tonight, Ba would have to score a hat-trick and even then I'll probably be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,085 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Need Gaston Ramirez and Clyne to get 3 points more than Ramires to go through, so ideally Ramires not to figure and Chelsea to score less than 4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Through too, no doubt one bad week will kill me soon tho!

CSF wrote: »
    Need Gaston Ramirez and Clyne to get 3 points more than Ramires to go through, so ideally Ramires not to figure and Chelsea to score less than 4
    Certainly wasn't expecting to get this once Ramirez wasn't starting and Ramires got an assist.

Can someone clarify for me that the goals conceded tiebreaker is for the whole 11 players in the team?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Certainly wasn't expecting to get this once Ramirez wasn't starting and Ramires got an assist.

Can someone clarify for me that the goals conceded tiebreaker is for the whole 11 players in the team?

You would think so since the goals for is also over the 11 starting players

q2ice wrote: »
    You would think so since the goals for is also over the 11 starting players
    Actually not to worry, I win either way. Smash and grab.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Actually not to worry, I win either way. Smash and grab.

Yes. its definitely for all 11 players.
    carrig2 wrote: »
    I am out of cup anyway. We both level on points and both level on goals scored so out on goals conceded. Goals conceded by whole team obviously because my defence stronger than his.

My cup run goes on!

62-59

• Advertisement

Im still in!!

Im not so sure about the FSA cup though :(

Only 65536 of us left now. Getting clooooooooooooser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I'm expecting to get through the next round again, opponent has Joe Allen starting and no Arsenal or West Ham players for the double.

He has his wildcard available though so slightly worried.

I'm well in the driving seat at the moment to go through to the next round, I could do with Walcott outscoring Van Persie for the rest of the week, after this week there will be 32000 or so left from 2.5m, I'd be delighted to still be there, who will be joining me if I'm still involved?

I'm well in the driving seat at the moment to go through to the next round, I could do with Walcott outscoring Van Persie for the rest of the week, after this week there will be 32000 or so left from 2.5m, I'd be delighted to still be there, who will be joining me if I'm still involved?
    Me probably. If he gets his Fletcher bonus points (which he surely will) I will be 5 points behind but with 3 extra players to play. I've 10 left and he has 7 though and we had the same captain so there could be lots of twists and turns ahead still.

I reckon i will be in next round, unless Cazorla who my opponent has runs an absolute riot next game! im on 51 with Fellaini Wacott and Gibbs still to play with RVP still in play who hes doesn't have! he is on 26 :)

47-37 to me at the moment.

He has fellaini and Lambert to play.

I have Walcott and Lambert.

12 points ahead with Walcott, Sagna, Jussi and O'Brien vs Cazorla and Clyne. I'm feeling confident of joining you guys in week 24.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

37 ahead with Walcott (c) Wilshere & O'Brien v Puncheon, Peinaar & Jagielka

Should be safely through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭slingerz

im through as well ofr the next week!

Advertisement