Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cup!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Reckon I'm through. I have 77 points (BPs included). He has 13 points with 3 Chelsea players and Suarez (c) to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Reckon I'm through. I have 77 points (BPs included). He has 13 points with 3 Chelsea players and Suarez (c) to go.

might be tight Jimmy... do you not reckon Suarez is good for six?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I've got a doozy this week, I'm on 53 with Suarez(c), Mata and Sterling to play(Puncheon will come in if one doesn't play)
    He's on 55 with Ivanovic, Marveaux and Suarez to play, his captain was Van Persie,
    I think I'll win unless Ivanovic has a goal and a clean Sheet, really don't want mata or sterling getting 15 minutes with Puncheon waiting to come on.

manual_man wrote: »
    might be tight Jimmy... do you not reckon Suarez is good for six?

I hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I'm winning my game 62-23

He had Walcott as captain and don't have RVP

I had RVP as captain- Chicharito and Berba

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,085 ✭✭✭✭CSF

5 points clear with Mata and Cuellar vs Fellaini. Barring some afro magic I should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

First real challenge for me in the cup. He has 59 points and I have 57, we both have Cahill and Mata.

He's got Suarez left to play while I have Pienaar and Demba Ba.

Who do you guys fancy?

I'm going thru comfortably thanks to Suarez tonight and O'Brien yesterday, opponent ended up with a very similar team to my own but a stronger defence, my midfield was better but Mata's 15 mins negated that really, he had VP captained so I needed Suarez to come up trumps for me,
    Delighted to still be going in the cup, I know some of ye have a snobby attitude(carling/littlewoods/rumbelows cup) but it really adds to the excitement of a gameweek.

Who else is left?

CSF wrote: »
    5 points clear with Mata and Cuellar vs Fellaini. Barring some afro magic I should be ok.

Will you scrape through?
    jolim24601 wrote: »
    First real challenge for me in the cup. He has 59 points and I have 57, we both have Cahill and Mata.

He's got Suarez left to play while I have Pienaar and Demba Ba.

Who do you guys fancy?

Cheerio jolim:(:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,085 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Will you scrape through?
    Yeah I won 91-89. My opponent must be seriously pissed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Breezed through the round.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

Gone I would have been ok only he had a monster haul from Joey O Brien at least I got through a couple of rounds this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Absolutely raging. Got put out losing 72 - 85. Was breezing through until he had Routledge and O'Brien come off the bench for 24 points and Baines scoring 11 tonight. Twas my highest scoring week too. This game sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Safely through 79 (83-4) - 42, bit of craic this cup is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

how many rounds have yous gone through now lads first round exit for me although my league performance has really picked up now that I dont have the distraction of the cup:)

how many rounds have yous gone through now lads first round exit for me although my league performance has really picked up now that I dont have the distraction of the cup:)

4. Heading into round 5. Hopefully I get lucky with the draw again. Wouldn't mind a decent run in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

4. Heading into round 5. Hopefully I get lucky with the draw again. Wouldn't mind a decent run in this.
    good work so by my rough calculations theres just 100,000 + players still left in this.

I'm in the next round, 67-33

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

I'm through, 88-72

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Im still going alright, closer than i would have liked with Baines, fellaini and Routledge off the bench for him.

• Advertisement

The opponents are up, It looks to me like I have my weakest opponent yet, even if he uses his wildcard he only has 101m to play with.

My opponent is decent. I may have to make a few changes. I am not sure whether to get Dempsey or Bale in.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

My opponent this week is active but has quite a weak team. His subs bench are all injured so no worries of somebody coming in to wreck my head. He only has Ivanovic as a DGW player. I'm bringing him in and also have Mata and Puncheon. Need a quiet week from Lennon, Sess, Sterling, Long and Dzeko. Would be great if Man United would concede too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Going into the 5th round this week... my opponent doesn't seem to be taking the game too seriously he has been in the 40's most weeks and managed to make it this far! He got through with a score of 32 in the last round so hopefully nothing shocking happens and i can make it through to the next round! He has a few decent players in his squad though so you wouldn't know what way things will go ill probably get whipped knowing my luck but heres hoping :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Me and the guy I'm up against used our wildcards this week, We won't be able to see each others teams until Saturday, I expect to see a similar enough team to my own.

My guy ain't a zombie, he's just really ****. He's around 560,000th in the world.

His team at the moment is pretty good though to be fair.

He's also after making 2 transfers this week. It'll be interesting to see which ones he made.

I am really regretting selling Lambert now.

092d583f5c8c210ceef5b375d8d085f4.png?1357576767

Next opponent had i higher score than me last gameweek, i think i may use my wildcard to maximise the DGW. He has already made two transfers.

His team below:

Reckon I could go out. All depends on Mata's performance in the Southampton match really.

c83b24343a8b04fc4ae90dff0c8b7c7a.png?1358011316

• Registered Users Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

the lad im playing used his wildcard, brought in nelson:eek:. its nip and tuck at the moment, depends on the rest of the games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I've more players left to play and I'm 20 odd points ahead. He has Ba captain and I have Mata. I don't have Ba and he doesn't have Mata so he gets no bonus points so far. Should go through.

Advertisement