Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cup!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I have a 5 point lead going into tomorrow despite having a shít day, we both have Sterling and Suarez so forget them. I have Mata and he has Ivanovic and Johnson, who is favorite at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

I have a 5 point lead going into tomorrow despite having a shít day, we both have Sterling and Suarez so forget them. I have Mata and he has Ivanovic and Johnson, who is favorite at the moment?

I would think he is because of their cs potential + attacking returns, BUT:

QPR usually find the net
    Liverpool seem vulnerable defensively
    Everton give Chelsea a hard time

IDK though, Glen Johnson and Ivanovic can score/assist pretty easily and Chelsea don't look to be giving up any goals against a Fellaini-less Everton. I'm gnna have to give it to your opponent.

EDIT: you know what, no, no, I'm gonna say you're the favorite because Mata is a beast and he will score a goal and get all 3 bps. It's a 60/40 situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

In major trouble with my tie. Opponent has Tevez as captain but his vice-captain is Ba. He leads me by a couple of points currently but when I factor in bonus pts and the guys he has to play tomorrow...looks like the cup run for me will be over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

gonzo. my inactive opponent has lambert coming off the bench

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I've 16 points to make up tomorrow.

His remaining players;
    Sterling
    Pienaar
    Neville

My remaining players;
    Torres
    Mata
    Suarez

Need some nice goals and assists or I'll be gone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Going out, 3 ahead but he has Hazard, Sterling, Granero, Cech and D. Cisse to play and I have Oscar. Pretty much over, I have Cuellar to come in too :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

More than likely going out, and against my 1st inactive team too.

My Squad:
    Begovic
    Clark,Sagna,Ivanovic
    Bale,Mata, Pienaar,Brunt
    Berbatov,Torres,RVP(C)
    Subs:Puncheon,Cameron,Shorey

His:
    Krul
    Evra(VC)Terry(C)Heitinga,Clichy
    Walcott,Anderson,Marin
    Podolski,Carroll, Hernandez

Subs:Mikel, De Guzman,Walker

He has a terrible team but unless Mata, Torres and Ivanovic work magic I'm out. It's just typical that Walcott would hit form this week. The real travesty is that De Guzman and Walker scored well too and will come on.

Mikel will probably get a hat-trick now too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

im on 28 with Sterling,Pienaar,Suarez & Enrique to play & Ridhewell to come in for one
    my opponent is on 54 with Cole to play
    we both have RVP as (C)
    any chance i might come back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I've had a fairly bad gameweek as 3 of my players didn't play (damn rotation policies) so I'm def out of the cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I may scrape through into the next round!

My team is the second attachment, Took a 4 Point hit so its 11-10 in my favour

• Advertisement

J o e wrote: »
    I've 16 points to make up tomorrow.

His remaining players;
    Sterling
    Pienaar
    Neville

My remaining players;
    Torres
    Mata
    Suarez

Need some nice goals and assists or I'll be gone!

You've a decent chance of a comeback there i'd say, 3 goals and an assist might even do it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭carrig2

I am most likely out. 5 ahead. We both have ivanovic. He has gerrard cpt, I have suarez. But he has 3 other defenders in first game. If they keep clean sheet I will be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Barring a Suarez/Mata wondershow I'm through.

I've an 8 point lead now and Glen Johnson is the only guy who can make a difference, my opponent has him, we both have Suarez and Sterling, a QPR goal would be a beautiful thing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

If Strerling gets an assist or goal, i am going into next round. Rotation killed my score, and gave the zombie chance to beat me. Counting on you, Sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Zombie Walcott........and it's gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭carrig2

I just realised his second sub lampard isn't coming on. That puts him 10 ahead with one player each to play. I need hat trick from suarez with no gerrard assist. Don't fancy my chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,259 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

What an utterly horrible gameweek, everything that could go wrong did go wrong. I am going to finish on about 19, with my opponent on 23/24.

Nothing went right. Six of my squad didn't play. I had Tevez, but the other guy had him captained. If he had come on for a point I would probably have went through, but no, RVP as his VC will come in effect.

Yaya to Bale was my transfer, that worked well. :rolleyes:. Cuellar in defense.:rolleyes: This game sucks sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Losing 44-45 atm. BPs will decide it.

MD1990 wrote: »
    im on 28 with Sterling,Pienaar,Suarez & Enrique to play & Ridhewell to come in for one
    my opponent is on 54 with Cole to play
    we both have RVP as (C)
    any chance i might come back?
    ive somehow how managed to level it at 54-54:)
    will come down to bonus points id say

• Advertisement

Same here, 56-56. His "only scorers" were Kone and Suarez (both had Suarez(c), I had Pienaar and Lambert on top of that.
    Kone, Suarez, Lambert, Pienaar - all bonus due, so i should go through with 1-2 points over. Very lucky this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Playing against a team with Salif Diao and NZonzi as captain, talk about differentials!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,022 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Playing against a team with Salif Diao and NZonzi as captain, talk about differentials!
    Seriously?

ive incredibly managed to get through in the Cup 60-59

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Lost 54-55. Absolutely sickened.

I'm through as well, after a disappointing return of 48 overall I'm delighted to keep going in the cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I was beaten 58-57. Tough one to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

Through thankfully zombie no3 accounted for. 51 to 44 was only a point ahead after last night but Suarez was the saviour after he got off to a good start with Pienaar this morning. Hopefully a nice handy draw for the next GW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Aaaaand I'm out. Beaten 44-42.

Never had any interest in this Cup lark anyway.... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Damn it. Counted one point from Routledge, but he didn't come on (3 defenders left on the pitch)...61-62

Advertisement