Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cup!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

You think that's bad? I've just gone out 45-45... on goals scored. Those extra Mata BP's killed me. FU Mata and double FU Torres.

If I had any luck in this game I would be dangerous :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Now we can go back to the opinion that Cup is for kids, and not important at all.
    I didn't even notice there was a Cup, actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

roryc wrote: »
    If I had any luck in this game I would be dangerous :)
    Wouldnt we all! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Talk about luck into next round of cup which is the farthest I've made I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭carrig2

We are tied 55 each after bonuses, both 4 goals scored. Anyone know what happens now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Scraped through 46-45.
    Probably an abandoned team as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

carrig2 wrote: »
    We are tied 55 each after bonuses, both 4 goals scored. Anyone know what happens now

IF points are level then it goes in the following order:
    1 Goals Scored
    2 Goals Conceded
    3 Virtual Coin Toss

q2ice wrote: »

1 Goals Scored
    2 Goals Conceded
    3 Virtual Coin Toss
    Goals conceded by our defence or defence/midfield (cos they get clean sheet bonuses) or whole team?

1 Goals Scored
    2 Goals Conceded
    3 Virtual Coin Toss

He has krul to my begovic so good start for me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

The cup run continues 26-17

• Advertisement

Goals conceded by our defence or defence/midfield (cos they get clean sheet bonuses) or whole team?

Its not clear on that and was waiting on someone to get into this position to clarify it.

As any goals defenders score are included in the goals scored tally, then you would assume that the goals conceded would also be for forwards.

So if goals scored takes in all players on the starting 11 then possibly goals conceded also takes in all 11 players.

If you click on the "Pick your team" option for the next gameweek does it show a different opponent or the same opponent?
    If the same opponent then try clicking on his team and gameweek 21.

Its not clear on that and was waiting on someone to get into this position to clarify it.

As any goals defenders score are included in the goals scored tally, then you would assume that the goals conceded would also be for forwards.

So if goals scored takes in all players on the starting 11 then possibly goals conceded also takes in all 11 players.

If you click on the "Pick your team" option for the next gameweek does it show a different opponent or the same opponent?
    If the same opponent then try clicking on his team and gameweek 21.

Thanks for reply. if it is defence I am throug h, mainly thanks to him having krul. If the midfield is included my arsenal/man city duo will cause me to go out and if it is the whole team then I am definitely out due to ba.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I'm through, 53 - 41.

Hopefully I get another zombie team in the next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Through to round 4, been fairly handy so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Great scores, friendly opponents. Good luck.

Thanks for reply. if it is defence I am throug h, mainly thanks to him having krul. If the midfield is included my arsenal/man city duo will cause me to go out and if it is the whole team then I am definitely out due to ba.

Any update? Your next opponent should be up if youre still in.

Must not be through, no new opponent. Aw!

Must not be through, no new opponent. Aw!

Scratch that!! Did a bit of a search there and they don't have the new opponents chosen yet. You could still be through.

Fingers crossed for you.
    hand-cross.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Played my 3rd zombie team so far, and needed a haul of 27 pts in the QPR v Liverpool game to sneak it 48-46.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Knocked out by a zombie team who just happened to have Dzeko and Suarez up front :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Melion wrote: »
    Knocked out by a zombie team who just happened to have Dzeko and Suarez up front :(

Thats a sickener alright man they'll prob end up with 2 points between them in the next gameweek now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

slingerz wrote: »
    Thats a sickener alright man they'll prob end up with 2 points between them in the next gameweek now

Ah its ridiculous
    Im in the top 11k in the world, he isnt even in the top 1m

Next opponents are up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I have another zombie. This one has quite a good team though. A CS for Chelsea and a similar performance from Suarez and I could be gone.

72adfad198c4fd9442a1ae8dca06384d.png?1356961261

Scratch that!! Did a bit of a search there and they don't have the new opponents chosen yet. You could still be through.

Fingers crossed for you.
    hand-cross.jpg
    Last time I looked still no difference. In a way not worried cos gameweek plan has to come before overall plan if you are in cup so even though how to be there it might prove a distraction of sorts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I've another tough one this time, very similar to my own team, I have Berba, he has Defoe, I'll have Fellaini, he has Silva, If Vorm doesn't play he'll have no goalie so he'll prob transfer one in, he also has Enrique and Bale and only one transfer so I've a feeling he'll be taking a hit, he's already made 35 transfers so he's no Zombie, could/should be very interesting

The next opponent looks active, Need Suarez to keep quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Don't know why you're all talking about the cup, clearly nobody takes it seriously...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Zombies at this stage are either well constructed teams or pure jammy. I'm up against a lad who beat my score at the weekend. He has O'Shea, Agger, Henderson, Arshavin (C) Reina (VC) and RVP who came off the bench for Rafael. Has never made a single transfer yet he's knocked out 2 active players now. Jambag.

• Advertisement

I am out of cup anyway. We both level on points and both level on goals scored so out on goals conceded. Goals conceded by whole team obviously because my defence stronger than his.

Advertisement