Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TD's make prank call to protestors during a reposession!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

You get the politicians you deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

I'd say it was bloody hilarious though ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,170 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It sounds like it was hilarious. It makes TDs involved look a bit insensitive, still funny though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Just goes to show the mental capacity of these TD's, obviously haven't an ounce of cop on between them...

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

What's diabetes got to do with it? Did his goldfish die recently too?
    I assume it has something to do with blood sugar levels. Goin for long periods without food for a diabetic could be dangerous. However I don't know what type of diabetes or if he controls it by diet or medication or both.

No doubt it was his diabetes that led to him saying some people drive better after a few jars in the local. Calms the nerves like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

I'd love a pizza now

One big boys club is all it is, the fúcking smirk on these guys from day to day in their cushy jobs. These jobs shouldn't be cushy though, least of all now that the country is in the state it is presently in. Sure the Dáil is empty more than it is full. I think they know how truly ****ed we are and are just taking what they can get while it's going and riding it out until they reach the pension pastures.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Everyone knows diabetics are driven only by their urge to consume all before them. Pizza is their crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭gearoidc

nacimroc wrote: »
    FFS would you all get over yourselves. 4 lads had a joke with a colleague after work. "fire them, cut their pensions" for making a joke? Cost nothing, did no damage. Get off your high horses.

The type of people who engage in this form of behaviour are usually aged less than 20 and are not normally representatives in national parliaments.

First off, that you can't see how fu2ked up it is to have members of (supposedly oppositional) political parties cosying up to each other like this is bewildering to say the least.
    More depressing however is that anyone -least of all the morons involved - of adult age would think such a stunt was "hilarious".
    Unbecoming, juvenile and devoid of wit.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Wha? You can't be friendly with someone who has politics different to you own?

And you're talking about childish behaviour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I have no problem with office pranks but they have a time and a place. Interfering with someone's work and making them look foolish in front of clients and everyone else is fairly damaging to a career.

I don't know what you could really do about it? I don't think this is the kind of thing that will really hurt the pranksters at re-election, people probably won't remember what they done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

That TD deserved it ... out supporting some local git who won't pay back what he borrowed.

The prank was hilarious and a brilliant one. So what ? it proves a few TD's have a great sense of humour :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

i hope mattie doesnt lose it and it all ends up like this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    This is the fella who bought a tractor ten years ago and never paid a cent on it? Why is a TD supporting such a chancer?

Because Fianna fail are known for bailing out there friends, who dont want to pay there debts!

Look at there hero Brian Lenihan, bankrupting Ireland to save hes mates!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

The high horse brigade in here gets worse by the day.

They played a harmless practical joke on their work colleague. That's all.
    People in here are always looking to be outraged over something.
    Get a grip.
    Nobody was hurt. It cost no money to the taxpayer. It was hardly the crime of the century.
    And to the people saying members if opposite political parties shouldn't be friendly with each other.......that's just ridiculous.
    And I'm just waiting for somebody to make the leap that "it's this type of attitude that has the country in the mess its in".
    Cop on people and get your heads out of your arses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

bgrizzley wrote: »
    i hope mattie doesnt lose it and it all ends up like this

I should really give this show a second chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It's hardly that big of a deal, nor the worst thing that TDs have ever got up to, but it really shows what sort of useless ineffectual gombeens they are.

That story about Labour's Michael McCarthy calling the Gardai to get rid of a lone, elderly protestor with a placard from their constituency office is far more outrageous than the prank calls. What a sniveling little shit of a man he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

ScumLord wrote: »
    I have no problem with office pranks but they have a time and a place. Interfering with someone's work and making them look foolish in front of clients and everyone else is fairly damaging to a career.

I don't know what you could really do about it? I don't think this is the kind of thing that will really hurt the pranksters at re-election, people probably won't remember what they done.

McGrath was scouring for votes. The fella he was defending never even attempted to pay for the tractor he bought ten years ago. Fair play to the lads pranking him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Dean09 wrote: »

Get a grip.
    Nobody was hurt. It cost no money to the taxpayer. It was hardly the crime of the century.
    And to the people saying members if opposite political parties shouldn't be friendly with each other.......that's just ridiculous.
    And I'm just waiting for somebody to make the leap that "it's this type of attitude that has the country in the mess its in".
    Ya, thats right.

The country is going so well now, our highly paid good for nothing politicians have plenty time for f*****g about, playing pranks on each other!

And for Fianna Fail to be involved makes it even more sickening, you think if they were working for a private company that was bust, they would get away with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Pity they don't put as much enthusiasm into their 'work' - http://files.broadsheet.ie/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Picture-449.jpeg

Bunch of absolute parasites

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭gearoidc

Dean09 wrote: »

Get a grip.

Deano....can I ask what age you are? I suspect you are less than thirty and I would also hazard a guess that you have been relatively unscathed by what our politico fuktards have been up to for the last ten years.
    We are in the middle of the worst economic disaster in decades. You would imagine that these guys might be arguing over the Budget, cuts to supports, etc... But not a bit of it. Instead they're engaging in this sort of inane ****e.
    I don't know what you work at, but if this kind of carry on is considered normal by anyone other than the youngsters, then we really have problems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

gearoidc wrote: »
    Deano....can I ask what age you are? I suspect you are less than thirty and I would also hazard a guess that you have been relatively unscathed by what our politico fuktards have been up to for the last ten years.
    We are in the middle of the worst economic disaster in decades. You would imagine that these guys might be arguing over the Budget, cuts to supports, etc... But not a bit of it. Instead they're engaging in this sort of inane ****e.
    I don't know what you work at, but if this kind of carry on is considered normal by anyone other than the youngsters, then we really have problems.

Im far from outraged but politicians having a giggle at a family having their goods repossessed would be a little akin to a Gerry Adams making a dead British Soldier joke, or(Godwin alert:D) Ex SS officers having a giggle about the holocaust. Its a little insensitive and close to the bone if the butt of the joke is kinda your fault!!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

McGrath was scouring for votes. The fella he was defending never even attempted to pay for the tractor he bought ten years ago. Fair play to the lads pranking him.

Scouring for votes outside his constituency? How does that work.

I like Mattie, the other 5 wasters especially that Tom Hayes lad. They should be held accountable (not beef tribunal accountable). Was the phone they used being paid for by the tax payer?

Im far from outraged but politicians having a giggle at a family having their goods repossessed would be a little akin to a Gerry Adams making a dead British Soldier joke, or(Godwin alert:D) Ex SS officers having a giggle about the holocaust. Its a little insensitive and close to the bone if the butt of the joke is kinda your fault!!!:rolleyes:

Next week..Phil Hogan prank calls a family being evicted for non payment of the household charge, offering them a tent:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

ScumLord wrote: »

What work would this be? The work he gets a TD salary and expenses for or the parish pump politics?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Boombastic wrote: »
    Scouring for votes outside his constituency? How does that work.

I like Mattie, the other 5 wasters especially that Tom Hayes lad. They should be held accountable (not beef tribunal accountable). Was the phone they used being paid for by the tax payer?

Yes, exactly. Impress the constituents by looking like hes standing up for the "common man" (a fella who never paid for a tractor after 10 years of having it) as it had been in the news and he would get media attention. Get that parish pump going. It would make you sick but a good few people can't even see through his blatant agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

gearoidc wrote: »

I'm 25.
    I work in the motor trade which has been destroyed over the past few years. I did lose my job through it but thankfully I got employed again a short time later. So I have been affected by it, although I've been lucky enough to stay employed.
    Now dont get me wrong, im no fan of the government. Far from it. I just think its a harmless joke and its really not a big deal in the scheme of things. I think the people calling for them to be sacked and have pensions removed is a bit much.

Yes, exactly. Impress the constituents by looking like hes standing up for the "common man" (a fella who never paid for a tractor after 10 years of having it) as it had been in the news and he would get media attention. Get that parish pump going. It would make you sick but a good few people can't even see through his blatant agenda.

So he was working until 10pm, while the others where drinking in the Dail bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Isn't there a painting by Magritte of a diabetic goldfish driving a tractor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Would be more apt to question why a FFer is running about stirring up things at reposessions up and down the country.

F.G / F.F. they're all the same.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement