Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There's two covenants involved in the policing thing according to the facebook page -
    Apostles of the Blue and the Blue Sentinels, the members of the Apostles of the Blue are protected by the Blue Sentinels, so if you're an apostle and you get invaded a sentinel sill automatically be summoned to protect you.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Anyone play Dragons Dogma? How would a respawning uber boss(like the Ur-Dragon) that takes the combined effort of a large number of players across a server to take down for big rewards fit into a Dark Souls game? I like the idea but the relatively small level cap for pvp would probably go against it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    Anyone play Dragons Dogma? How would a respawning uber boss(like the Ur-Dragon) that takes the combined effort of a large number of players across a server to take down for big rewards fit into a Dark Souls game? I like the idea but the relatively small level cap for pvp would probably go against it.

No, just no.

I like the loneliness of a crestfallen warrior battling against the odds, struggling against mighty behemoths, gargoyles and other great dead and undead creatures.

Leave s***e like that to WoW or the other mmorpgs.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

F1ngers wrote: »
    No, just no.

I like the loneliness of a crestfallen warrior battling against the odds, struggling against mighty behemoths, gargoyles and other great dead and undead creatures.

Aye, seeing some ridiculous looking boss and thinking "ah what the hell" as you're on your own against it is part of the fun.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

krudler wrote: »
    Aye, seeing some ridiculous looking boss and thinking "ah what the hell" as you're on your own against it is part of the fun.

unless it's the bed of chaos. there's no fun there.

• Advertisement

No, just no.

No not like that, your still on your own or with a summon or two but the boss's health is spread across the server meaning you need to face it multiple times to contribute to overall damage.

unless it's the bed of chaos. there's no fun there.

or the Ceaseless Discharge, that was a definite "ah come onnnn" moment. run, run away.

No not like that, your still on your own or with a summon or two but the boss's health is spread across the server meaning you need to face it multiple times to contribute to overall damage.

Like you fight it, it legs away then you fight it later on? I wouldn't mind that, hell let it spawn in different places, keep you on your toes.

Like you fight it, it legs away then you fight it later on? I wouldn't mind that, hell let it spawn in different places, keep you on your toes.

Pretty much. In Dragons Dogma it's a post game optional boss. You get around ten minutes to do some damage until it goes away for a while. When it's overall health is low enough there is a short time period where a player can land a killing blow for extra reward. Then after each time it's been killed it repsawns with even more health. I'm still pretty new to that fight so I may be wrong on some parts. There's also an offline version with much less health you can take on yourself.

Pretty much. In Dragons Dogma it's a post game optional boss. You get around ten minutes to do some damage until it goes away for a while. When it's overall health is low enough there is a short time period where a player can land a killing blow for extra reward. Then after each time it's been killed it repsawns with even more health. I'm still pretty new to that fight so I may be wrong on some parts. There's also an offline version with much less health you can take on yourself.

That would be pretty cool, online/ co-op only sidequests, nothing too long just the odd NPC or boss.

One thing I really hope they add for DS2 is some finishing stats, enemies killed, times died, humanity used etc. Be interesting to see how your first playthrough compares to subsequent ones.

• Advertisement

That would be pretty cool, online/ co-op only sidequests, nothing too long just the odd NPC or boss.

One thing I really hope they add for DS2 is some finishing stats, enemies killed, times died, humanity used etc. Be interesting to see how your first playthrough compares to subsequent ones.

i dont know

on the one hand yes I'd love that but on the other the lack of them kind of adds to the dreamlike arty ******ry of dark souls. it's not a game about killing 500 hollows, collecting a million souls or finding amazing chests, you might lose a bit of the mystery if you were confronted with numbers and statistics post coitus

i dont know

on the one hand yes I'd love that but on the other the lack of them kind of adds to the dreamlike arty ******ry of dark souls. it's not a game about killing 500 hollows, collecting a million souls or finding amazing chests, you might lose a bit of the mystery if you were confronted with numbers and statistics post coitus

Oh I wouldn't want challenges or trophies or that guff in it, purely a final game screen showing what you did on a build. i know there are trophies in it now but it's stuff like ascend a weapon to it's highest stat and stuff like that.

Achievement unlocked: went 5 minutes without running away from something or rolling off a hill.

To be honest, more of the same will do me just fine. Or just improved covenants and matchmaking.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Moved some of the specifically Dark Souls (1) posts to the Dark Souls (1) thread - it is, after all, the thread that never dies ;)

Anyone had a listen to the music tracks from the beta yet? sound suitably Dark Souls-y big choirs and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

As I'm sure all you Dark Souls fans know by now, Dark Souls 2 is coming out March this year on Windows, PS3 and Xbox 360. Are you getting it on release and what platform are you going to get it on?

Personally I'm going for it on PC and I'm pre-ordering it as so as I can! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

PC version is released after consoles so probably won't be March for the PC release :(. I really hope it does though.

PC version is released after consoles so probably won't be March for the PC release :(. I really hope it does though.

http://ie.ign.com/games/dark-souls-ii/pc-149852

Release date was announced for the 14th on all 3 platforms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

killanena wrote: »
    http://ie.ign.com/games/dark-souls-ii/pc-149852

Release date was announced for the 14th on all 3 platforms.

The link is a generic article. There was an article last September where the Game's Developer said that the PC version will be released after consoles because of optimization. Also an article regarding release dates underneath the one you posted says that PC version will be released sometime shortly after the console releases.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Official website here: http://www.darksoulsii.com/us/index.html

Hopefully will have plenty of updates the nearer to release we get.

Only 65 sleeps until we die, a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The Dark Souls cafe is up and running now, more pictures here http://kotaku.com/first-look-inside-japans-dark-souls-cafe-1496101780

ku-xlarge.jpg

i just wish they'd give us some sort of timeframe for the pc release

whatever i've read them saying could be interpreted as two weeks after or two months after, it's very wishy washy.

i just wish they'd give us some sort of timeframe for the pc release

whatever i've read them saying could be interpreted as two weeks after or two months after, it's very wishy washy.

The flow of time at From Software is convoluted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Originally was going to get it on PS3 but with possible new 120hz monitor purchase coming up I can't resist playing it on PC. I wonder if it'll still play better with a plugged in controller or if they've made it easier to control with KB/M

• Registered Users Posts: 19,960 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I can't imagine how they can make the keyboard and mouse anyway as good as the joypad for this type of game. they were terrible for DS1 !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

2smiggy wrote: »
    I can't imagine how they can make the keyboard and mouse anyway as good as the joypad for this type of game. they were terrible for DS1 !

It's defiantly possible to make this type of game work well on mouse+keyboard.
    I've played through games like batman: arkam asylum, GTA and many other 3rd person games with a M+K.

blade of darkness (*cough* http://www.gog.com/game/blade_of_darkness *endcough*) worked fine with kb/mouse and I think actually dark souls might work a little better than severance as you wouldn't have to remember all those key combo attacks for the individual weapons

seriously people, go play blade of darkness

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Official website here: http://www.darksoulsii.com/us/index.html

Hopefully will have plenty of updates the nearer to release we get.

Only 65 sleeps until we die, a lot.

Ohhhhhhh theres a free comic starting today and updated every week links to here https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.547965298609852.1073741834.119869331419453&type=3 as good a way as any i guess to read it.

Advertisement