Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Liquidus

Iron passage is worst area ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Liquidus wrote: »
    Iron passage is worst area ever.
    It is pretty tough in parts, but I do like the design in general. Definitely have to be very cautious though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Vendrick down, should something happen now? I have the three other dlc boss kings crowns but dont seem to have one for vendrick. Is it because I killed him after the dlc guys?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

you have to go back to the
    shrine of amana

there'll be a big door in one of the watery-areas you couldn't access before

oh and
    you have to be human

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sweetie wrote: »
    Vendrick down, should something happen now? I have the three other dlc boss kings crowns but dont seem to have one for vendrick. Is it because I killed him after the dlc guys?

Did you collect his soul?
    It's
    Upon being defeated, he does not drop a soul. The Soul of the King can be found on a wooden chair in Shrine of Amana (after the second bonfire walk up towards the first large set of ruins and look to your left for a bridge that will take you to a wall of vines, then proceed through a door that can only be opened after killing Vendrick, and while the player is human). To the left of the soul is a chest containing the King's Set. Killing Venrick via Bonfire Ascetic doesn't get you another Soul of the King. Killing Vendrick will also unlock the 'Vendrick' trophy/achievement.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote:
    Did you collect his soul? It's

Its?

Don't recall him dropping one. Picked up 100k souls for killing him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Evade

sweetie wrote: »
    Vendrick's armour and crown are somewhere else.
    Shrine of Amana, second bonfire. There's a narrow path with a door at the end that can only be opened in human form his set is in there.

Evade wrote:
    Vendrick's armour and crown are somewhere else.

Ah cheers, hate that effing place though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just got Scholars of the First Sin. Tried playing it with both a PS3 and PS4 pad and it seems like there are alot of Dead Zones on the left analog stick. By dead zone i mean if you walk forward then very gently bring the stick to the left or right the character will continue on the same path until i get to about 15-20 degrees off then the character will kinda jerk to that direction instead of it being gradual.

I played DS2 on PS3 then again on PC and i don't recall this problem. I can't test it on PS3 because i don't have one anymore. I even installed DS1 on PC to test it and the movement is gradual. Can anyone playing on PC test this out? Its driving me insane.

Sir Alonne.
    Fook off.

That is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,303 ✭✭✭✭noodler

F1ngers wrote: »
    Sir Alonne.
    Fook off.

That is all.

Could not do it solo.

Bods battles in the DLC are absolutely stupid from what I remember.

You're not using a slash weapon are you?

Sir Alonne.
    Fook off.

That is all.
    I think it's the run up to him that's much worse. Your rolling skills need to be majorly on point to do it solo. I think I used a Curved Dragon Greatsword or Sanctum Mace and just waited it out with openings to attack. I think it's such a thrilling battle though. If you see the sword aura, back the hell away.

noodler wrote: »
    Could not do it solo.

Bods battles in the DLC are absolutely stupid from what I remember.

No summon signs around. :(
    Tried using the NPCs, they're no good and I end up fighting him where he has that extra health.
    Evade wrote: »
    You're not using a slash weapon are you?

No, I have a +10 halberd.
    J_E wrote: »
    I think it's the run up to him that's much worse. Your rolling skills need to be majorly on point to do it solo. I think I used a Curved Dragon Greatsword or Sanctum Mace and just waited it out with openings to attack. I think it's such a thrilling battle though. If you see the sword aura, back the hell away.

There are no enemies left, I've been through that many times.
    My rolling does leave a lot to be desired in fairness.

No, I have a +10 halberd.
    That's a little on the slow side. Something short range but reasonable quick like a mace or a rapier might be a little better. I've only beat him once across all my saves and I had to upgrade a previously unused mace to do it.

Evade wrote: »
    That's a little on the slow side. Something short range but reasonable quick like a mace or a rapier might be a little better. I've only beat him once across all my saves and I had to upgrade a previously unused mace to do it.

Thanks, I'll try that next time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,916 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I beat Sir Alonne first time because I'm awesome... And had three people summoned to help me. It was my first time going through the area so summoned some help to get me through and we ended up steamrolling him. The multiplayer is still very much alive on PC.

No regrets with how I did it!

I had much more trouble with the gank squad in the first DLC

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Having a really hard time with Executioner's Chariot as a sorcerer, and can't find anyone to summon to help. Not sure i can bring myself to run past all those bloody enemies again to give him another go. That's one of the worst bosses i've come across in regards to getting back and trying again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,916 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you take it slowly you can bait each of the guys on the pillars out one by one and they are much easier to handle. The big problem is the git just before the boss fight but once you kill him once he is gone for good.

Kiith wrote: »
    Having a really hard time with Executioner's Chariot as a sorcerer, and can't find anyone to summon to help. Not sure i can bring myself to run past all those bloody enemies again to give him another go. That's one of the worst bosses i've come across in regards to getting back and trying again.
    You can cheese that fight as a sorcerer if you
    stand just inside the fog gate and hit him with homing spells as he does circuits of the boss area.

• Advertisement

There's a 'trick' way of ending it fast if you use poison arrows.

There are no enemies left, I've been through that many times.
    My rolling does leave a lot to be desired in fairness.

I think using a shield at all in that fight is a total waste of time. Equip as much as you can but still keeping the fast/light roll and just learn to feel the time to roll. Nearly every attack has a charge or giveaway animation before it happens, which makes it easier to just dodge the lot.

Managed it there, without tricking it. Just did as Retro said, and walked around slowly. 2 skeletons at a time, killed the Necromancers, and the rest was easy enough. Managed to recover my 100k souls as well, so that's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I wish I could transfer my ps3 save of Dark Souls 2 to PS4 just so I could check out the dlc.

Maybe one day I will rebuy and just go through it again.

tok9 wrote: »
    I wish I could transfer my ps3 save of Dark Souls 2 to PS4 just so I could check out the dlc.

Maybe one day I will rebuy and just go through it again.
    Make it a speedrun!

Does your SL matter when it comes to summoning? I've been able to get summoned with the White Soapstone, but i almost never find anyone to summon to my world. Which is annoying as i'd planned on getting plenty of help along the way.

Killed the Skeleton boss last night, and think i'm now further into the game then i've ever gotten. Certainly never killed the Chariot boss before, so it will be interesting to see what comes next.

More frustration i'd assume :P

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,180 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Does your SL matter when it comes to summoning? I've been able to get summoned with the White Soapstone, but i almost never find anyone to summon to my world. Which is annoying as i'd planned on getting plenty of help along the way.

Killed the Skeleton boss last night, and think i'm now further into the game then i've ever gotten. Certainly never killed the Chariot boss before, so it will be interesting to see what comes next.

More frustration i'd assume :P

From what I remember it's soul memory rather than level that's important for summoning in ds2, which is basically all the souls you've accumulated over your entire time playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I never played the DLC in DKS2, really regret trading it. I looked up a vid of that Sir Allone fella and saw one where a guy killed him solo and without being hit. Took 46 attempts but once it was over, Allone gave a new death animation which looked pretty class.

Going through Let's Play's of the DLC to see what I missed.

You missed probably the best souls gameplay in the series. I went through the game again in the scholar of the first sin edition and don't regret it at all, the DLC is fantastic. You'll probably breeze through the game the next time you play it and the SotFS update changes lots of stuff in the game so it's like a new experience in many ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You missed probably the best souls gameplay in the series.
    Really? I found the mobs to be largely uninspired which put me off despite the level design being of a higher quality than the rest of DkS2. Still doesn't match up to the majority of DkS1 or even some of DeS imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Theres something about DS2 that I cant get into in the same way as DS1, i dont know if its the smoother graphics and animations or what, but theres just something 'off' about it that I can't gel with. And thats a pity as I love DS1, its a true masterpiece.

Advertisement