Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I was a little disappointed with the Forlorn armor as well considering the trouble you encounter with him. The chest armor seems ok but the rest of the armor lacks a little, especially the leggings as they make you look like you slipped your chicken legs into some tight black jeans on your way to a my chemical romance concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

I'm currently doing the DLC portions of SoTFS and the step up in difficulty is noticeable with the bosses. I only like doing the bosses solo and it's the first time across DS, BB and DS2 that there's been a real fight put up!

I haven't tried the DLC bosses yet (even in Vanilla DS2) except for Aava but someone here was saying that fighting the bosses in the DLC seemed to have co-op in mind rather than solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Cravez wrote: »
    I haven't tried the DLC bosses yet (even in Vanilla DS2) except for Aava but someone here was saying that fighting the bosses in the DLC seemed to have co-op in mind rather than solo.

Elana felt like she was designed for 2 players. Summoning another boss to help her out (Velstadt) over and over felt a little lazy. Actually a few parts have felt a bit lazy, the blue Smelter (although I didn't mind that again as the boss is awesome!) and the dragon in Sunken King has a similar move set to the dragon from DS1 DLC.

Having said that my opinions on the game are overwhelmingly positive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

So the lost sinner is gone ? Was leaving that fight for mater and I wenT down tonight and the fog gate was open and the boss gone ? So went and lit the bonfire and searched for the boss soul and it ain't there ??? Anybody encounter this ?

• Advertisement

Scholar of the First Sin got an update (on PC anyway so I assume PS4 & XBox One will too) that fixes the durability issue.

Gonna be trying Whip builds now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭p38

Just figured out why my dude was screaming like a B**ch after the pursuer killed me for the 40th time. Used the coffin thing beside the lake awhile ago :D:D:D Very good :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Well there goes my playthrough of SotFS. There seems to be some problem with using a PS4 pad on the PC version. The stick sensitivity is messed up so much that if i walk forward slowly and gradually bring the stick to the left of right my character continues to move in a straight line. Then when i get to about 40° my character will then just jerk into that direction. Installed the vanilla game and it has the same problem, but it was fine when i played on a PS3 pad.

Anyone else having similar problems on PC with a PS4 pad?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bone Fist is the greatest Dark Souls weapon ever.

Kung Fu moveset and you can do Hadouken!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Is Scholar of the First Sin a bad place to start with the Souls series? I've heard it's even more difficult than the earlier versions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Is Scholar of the First Sin a bad place to start with the Souls series? I've heard it's even more difficult than the earlier versions?

Just play Dark Souls, best of the series. If you like it try the other 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

penev10 wrote: »
    Just play Dark Souls, best of the series. If you like it try the other 2

Yup Dark Souls is just unlike any other. It's everything I ever wanted a game to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm only half way through Scholar of the First Sin but once you get over the first few areas it's actually much easier than the vanilla version.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Caved and picked up sorfs didn't even finish ds2 on ps3. I got heavily distracted by bloodborne so it'll be good to have a fresh start.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Moved onto this soon after completing DS and so far i'm loving it. Up to the last sinner, chariot guy, scorpioness and mytha bosses which I've only tried once or twice each but have only summoned once (pursuer) and oneshotted a lot of the other bosses so far. The fast travel save so much time and let's me spend time exploring rather than backtracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭p38

just overcame the old dragon slayer on my own very satisfying the sonofab***h had been mauling me for weeks now lets see what else i find to drive me insane for awhile.

p38 wrote: »
    just overcame the old dragon slayer on my own very satisfying the sonofab***h had been mauling me for weeks now lets see what else i find to drive me insane for awhile.

he's a tough sonafabitch. no summons signs near him either :(

Upto Drangelic castle now and getting a bit weary. Bloodborne into DS1 into this without any other games really so I might take a break and play some Batman. Still a great game but not as good as it's big brother.

Oh can anybody recommend a new weapon, playing a dex build and the vangarian sword + 10 and fire longsword + 10 are my go to weapons. Also have the old knight halberd + 7 but not mad about the moveset.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

claymore and bastard sword are similar enough to the varangian but better. one of them has a quite different move set and the other I think has more or less the same (one handed r2 might be different, i can't remember)

i used the varangian and drangleic swords for my first playthrough, did the job but the claymore/bastard sword are just nicer all round

strelok wrote: »
    claymore and bastard sword are similar enough to the varangian but better. one of them has a quite different move set and the other I think has more or less the same (one handed r2 might be different, i can't remember)

i used the varangian and drangleic swords for my first playthrough, did the job but the claymore/bastard sword are just nicer all round

I used the claymore for my strength build in DS1 but havent found it yet in DS2? I do have the bastard tho so will have a mess with that. cheers

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

iirc the claymore is sold by the head of vengarl although i think he has been moved in SOTFS so i've no idea where he lays his head (tee hee) these days

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Dex is crap in Ds2, unless it was fixed in SOTFS

Blacksteel Katana from the Iron Keep is a class weapon for Dex if you stick with it

Dex is crap in Ds2, unless it was fixed in SOTFS

Blacksteel Katana from the Iron Keep is a class weapon for Dex if you stick with it

been spending a bit of time in the 'keep but no BSK drop yet.

Yes, I should probably respec, been finding it tough enough on my first Dex try after going strength on my sole DS1 playthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Check that out in the wikias, in the original you'd often end up with 7 or 8 easily

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

Poison/Dex build is great for PVP

DS2 is a total Ghost town now at this stage ! No summon signs anywhere and no summons in return !! I never thought I would say it but without the Invasions and Co-Op it's just getting a little monotonous now, maybe time to retire DS2 and move on to something new and be ready for DS3 in 2016 !! Shame but I fooking love this game when its working properly :pac:

On PS4 I get summoned pretty quickly but can be hard to find people to summon in return. Funnily enough DS1 was pretty active when I played it two months ago.

Yeah I meant to say I'm on Xbox One - problems been well publicized at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm playing through the DLC sections in DS2 (Scholar of the First Sin edition) and there are loads of summons signs.
    I've only been invaded a handful of times though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭_Puma_

At what stage of the main game did you start the DLC? Im just at Dragon Eerie now and wondering should I back track and start the DLC. SL128

Advertisement