Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Anyone come across the tournament setup on the first bridge in the Iron Keep? I was summoned by a guy last week and the entire bridge was setup with coloured orbs (lit up like a runway). Then he summoned a red phantom by dropping something (how do you summon other players?) and he stood in the recess on the bridge while we fought. The first guy he summoned to fight me started attacking him, but he barely made a dent and the phantom then started fighting me. I won the first fight and the obligatory "very good" carving was tossed. He then immediately summoned another phantom who whooped my ass.

Was interesting, but haven't come across it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

hadoken13 wrote: »
    Anyone come across the tournament setup on the first bridge in the Iron Keep? I was summoned by a guy last week and the entire bridge was setup with coloured orbs (lit up like a runway). Then he summoned a red phantom by dropping something (how do you summon other players?) and he stood in the recess on the bridge while we fought. The first guy he summoned to fight me started attacking him, but he barely made a dent and the phantom then started fighting me. I won the first fight and the obligatory "very good" carving was tossed. He then immediately summoned another phantom who whooped my ass.

Was interesting, but haven't come across it again.

That's a fight club. Very common in Iron Keep and Heide's! The host will summon players to fight 1v1 while others spectate and wait their turn to fight the winner. The prism stones usually outline the arena but they're not that important. It is important that the host has Warmth to heal up the winner between fights though.

I haven't played in awhile but the fight club's in Heide's used to be of a much higher standard of player than the Iron Keep bridge. That may have changed though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Just downloaded it tonight. I just started NG+ at the weekend - if I'd known it was out this week I would've waited. Now I have to clear the game up to the Iron Keep.

Any good?

It's much harder than anything in base game. Expect to die a lot. Definitely worth it though. One of the bosses is pure laziness on From's part but the other 2 are excellent.

Big Knox wrote: »
    That's a fight club. Very common in Iron Keep and Heide's! The host will summon players to fight 1v1 while others spectate and wait their turn to fight the winner. The prism stones usually outline the arena but they're not that important. It is important that the host has Warmth to heal up the winner between fights though.

I haven't played in awhile but the fight club's in Heide's used to be of a much higher standard of player than the Iron Keep bridge. That may have changed though...

Ah I see - sounds like fun - where is Heide's again?
    Cydoniac wrote: »
    It's much harder than anything in base game. Expect to die a lot. Definitely worth it though. One of the bosses is pure laziness on From's part but the other 2 are excellent.

Good stuff, I like a challenge - I thought DS II was pretty lame in that the bosses were far easier than I remember in DS I, although maybe I just got better after playing through DS I three times.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

When's the 2nd DLC out? Holding off playing through this again until they release all 3.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    When's the 2nd DLC out? Holding off playing through this again until they release all 3.
    Should be out for PC and 360 now. I think PSN has been having some issues...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The 2nd DLC is out.

3rd one will be out around this time next month.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ah cool, not too long to wait. Might start it soon in that case, as it'll take a while to get through it all again.

Ah cool, not too long to wait. Might start it soon in that case, as it'll take a while to get through it all again.
    I'd say I got about 8-10 hours of gameplay out of each one.

And there are loads of people online when the DLCs are launched which makes the game much more fun.

• Advertisement

And there are loads of people online when the DLCs are launched which makes the game much more fun.
    Not if you're a sinner...it's been Arbiter fever recently.. :(

Not if you're a sinner...it's been Arbiter fever recently.. :(

I've only invaded once when I first met the bloke from the blood covenant - must try it again.

How do you summon other covenant members i.e. blue or red? I saw some guy summon a red invader by tossing something but can't come across anything online.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Took ye're advice and changed to a magic build.

Beat the Darklurker.

I'm not sure what to make of the build.. I just feel very vulnerable since I didn't add much to my health or stamina while there is about 60 levels worth in Attunement, Faith and Intelligence.

Any advice on what I should be looking to use if I do continue with the build?

I've only invaded once when I first met the bloke from the blood covenant - must try it again.

How do you summon other covenant members i.e. blue or red? I saw some guy summon a red invader by tossing something but can't come across anything online.
    The brotherhood of blood sell a red soapstone crystal that you can place red signs with.
    tok9 wrote: »
    Took ye're advice and changed to a magic build.

Beat the Darklurker.

I'm not sure what to make of the build.. I just feel very vulnerable since I didn't add much to my health or stamina while there is about 60 levels worth in Attunement, Faith and Intelligence.

Any advice on what I should be looking to use if I do continue with the build?
    Maybe respec one more time and add some levels to health. Sounds like you could use some great hexes though!

The brotherhood of blood sell a red soapstone crystal that you can place red signs with.

No during the fight club environment on the Iron bridge where I was summoned as a phantom, the host tossed something in the air and a red phantom was summoned - unless he used the red sign and then threw something just as the phantom was being summoned, which would make sense.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,151 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

No during the fight club environment on the Iron bridge where I was summoned as a phantom, the host tossed something in the air and a red phantom was summoned - unless he used the red sign and then threw something just as the phantom was being summoned, which would make sense.

Probably just a wood carving?

There is no item that does that... he probably summoned another one at the same time, dropped an item (maybe a "Hello" carving) and the phantom summoned at the same time. No item can instantaneously summon someone in like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Found a possibly great ap on reddit.
    Anyone with android go to soapstone.oi - I don't think you'll be disappointed.
    I think its in aplha stage now.

Not sure if I can post a link to the reddit thread. If not pm me and ill send it on.

Nice idea but looks a little tacky...I'll stick with Drangleic's version!

Edit: I was looking at another app called "Soap Stone"! I think you mean soapstone.io. This is interesting... Looks like it's not on the server though...

Ha you were right - this is really hard, but great nonetheless. So many summon signs around that if you feel stuck you can get help. Poison arrows really help here.
    Man that Fume Knight is a pain. I didn't know about keeping the wedge things for that boss as I was down to 3 when I got to him - I used my fourth last on the statue thingy with the Prowler invader and out of the 10 I only had 3 left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

lads quick question, I have made it to that boss thats on the horse carriage thing

I only have 3 flasks for health
    is that about right for this area?
    I feel lost in this game
    theirs zero sense of direction
    it feels like theirs no story

also theirs no music at all.... anywhere -.- badly made game compared to number 1
    I am enjoying it though but still no were near as good as number 1

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    lads quick question, I have made it to that boss thats on the horse carriage thing

I feel lost in this game

also theirs no music at all.... anywhere -.- badly made game compared to number 1

Should be fine.

Spoiler below with info on how to kill the boss if you need it:
    Just hide in the side alleys when he gets near and keep shield up to stop the skeletons - don't fight then yet as they just get back up. Then rush to find the skeleton mages - kill these two (one on each side) to stop the skeletons rising. Then keep going clockwise to find a switch on the top left. After that the boss is easy.

I feel lost in this game

Just so you know that whole area is optional! There are two ways to kill it. 3 flasks sounds about right. It gets very good nearer to the end but overall it isn't quite as good, stick it out though. You are on the right path to a great area.

so if that area is optional
    I must be missing something
    while the game seems very linear....

I am missing a ring to get into a boss area(I think it is) in the castle area the area just after the giants forest
    I don't know where that ring is or even if that area was suppose to be an early on game area or a later game area

I have completed the entire area of bastile I think its called, also finished of a boss in the area right next too it called rise senns ? ( Sorry about the names, haven't gotten use to them yet ) the boss was in chains and had a greatsword, anyhow killed him, went straight on too the bombfire afterwards and it brought me back to majula.
    Next thing I know I am going into this area now where that knight on a carriage is which is apparently an optional area
    Also I still havnt killed that lizard thing , the one that shoots flames, I don't know how to get to him, I think theirs a door were the first boss was that leads to him but thats locked, and I don't know where the key is too it either :/ I completed all of haydes area, also completed the area after it which puts you on a boat and brings you to the bastille area which I already completed....

heads fried hahaha
    I am enjoying it, I do like it, but its nothing like number 1
    I don't feel like I am accomplishing anything as theirs no story to it, not even hints of story, apart from some king which I assume I have to kill at some point thats all.

The bosses are also badly done, I find them quite easy now that I have a thank character. seems like a lazy job done on this game altogether imo

edit: also that mansion in majula , I feel like something important is suppose to happen their
    In the basement area
    whether or not it will at some point, its really all quess work from here on out, but like I said while number 1 had a story and told me in pieces which I had to put together myself
    this one doesn't seem to tell a story
    even after a boss fight or before one, why am I killing these bosses? the other game told me why, but this one is not :/

Instead of turning into the bridge that goes towards the purgatory go up the hill, there's a second bridge you've missed, although you have to find a nearby lever to lower it. If you are really stuck on the chariot
    Kill the two necromancers hidden in two alcoves, then either swing the lever at the large lit gate past them to fight the chariot properly, or when the skeletons are fully dead (can't revive when mages are gone) use arrows to pick away at it's health, you won't need to go all the way down to 0HP, it will stagger) Don't try to fight the chariot when it's running and everyone is alive because it's too hard.

There is lore in DS2 but it's more fragmented. To be honest I think the core team are focusing more on Bloodborne.

i hope they do a better job on bloodborne then this.

Like I said , While I like the game, its pretty poor compared to the first

thanks for the help

I found that bridge alright, was planning on doing it after I completed the chariot knight boss

i hope they do a better job on bloodborne then this.

Like I said , While I like the game, its pretty poor compared to the first

thanks for the help

I found that bridge alright, was planning on doing it after I completed the chariot knight boss
    You haven't gotten to the good bit yet, genuinely. 2 areas after where you're at it gets better. I actually enjoyed the game a lot more in NG+.

You haven't gotten to the good bit yet, genuinely. 2 areas after where you're at it gets better. I actually enjoyed the game a lot more in NG+.

how far would you said I am in?

how far would you said I am in?
    Oh not far into the game at all. It is longer than DS1. There are parts of it that shine magnificently and parts that you will just want to get through but it's worth seeing to the end. I've put about 200 hours into it, and the DLC's are excellent so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Not very far at all really, maybe 10%? The boss in chains you killed was one of the 4 old ones the Emerald Herald talks about. After you've killed all them you're about half way.
    The first game was linear and then splits, this splits and then becomes linear

Advertisement