Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

With the DLC weapon that's in it, I've decided to make an Ivy character!

bPpi1pq.png

The editor is very hard to use but I think it's passable.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭crazydom

Graphics are a bit poor? Anyone play this on the PC?

crazydom wrote: »
    Graphics are a bit poor? Anyone play this on the PC?
    The lighting in the game is significantly downgraded from the original previews they had of the game. I think graphically there's nothing wrong per se, but the constrast is washed out and you can see some texture repeats. It can be partially fixed with a shader mod.

I personally think GEM and GeDoSaTo comes closest to the original look. Torches are actually useful! Requires a decent PC tor run though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

I want to see a DS 1 and 2 remastered, both games in the DS 2 engine and running like the previews. Balance fixes and stuff for 1 and all the DLC etc along with 2. That would be awesome. Yes I would buy DS1 again... I'm that sad.

Danonino. wrote: »
    I want to see a DS 1 and 2 remastered, both games in the DS 2 engine and running like the previews. Balance fixes and stuff for 1 and all the DLC etc along with 2. That would be awesome. Yes I would buy DS1 again... I'm that sad.
    If it was a little easier to mod DS1 it would probably be possible for it to be a community project, but I don't see it happening.

I wouldn't mind if they redid that awful PC port though! I can run DS2 60fps but can't even get DS1 to 30fps with DSfix on 800x480...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,979 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Did all story of the lad in wheel chair ( gandalf?) bit drunk and said yes instead of no in dragilic castle. He's gone from spot now, any way to get him back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

2smiggy wrote: »
    Did all story of the lad in wheel chair ( gandalf?) bit drunk and said yes instead of no in dragilic castle. He's gone from spot now, any way to get him back?

You have to find him in three different spots. When you find him the third time make sure you're packing some heavy artillery

derfderf wrote: »
    You have to find him in three different spots. When you find him the third time make sure you're packing some heavy artillery

Found in the castle, but after good few pints last night. Rushed the talking part. He just disappeared, said something like 'we will meet again' . But where? I had locations show up on the bonfire warp with '?' beside them that I could not pick. At work now so cannot look at it properly till this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 26,228 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Found in the castle, but after good few pints last night. Rushed the talking part. He just disappeared, said something like 'we will meet again' . But where? I had locations show up on the bonfire warp with '?' beside them that I could not pick. At work now so cannot look at it properly till this evening

1) Castle

2) Shaded Ruins (might want to youtube it)

3) The Black Gulch (requires a bit of work this one, again suggest youtubing).

noodler wrote: »
    1) Castle

2) Shaded Ruins (might want to youtube it)

3) The Black Gulch (requires a bit of work this one, again suggest youtubing).

sorry , i met him in the black gulch and the shaded ruins first, then the castle (i think) I may go back to the black gulch to make sure I met him there. I normally play after the pub so often I turn on the game the next time in a whole new area and not quite sure how i got there or what i had missed !!

just found it strange that certain areas had a '?' over them on the warp screen. I'm just hoping i did not mess his story line up just because i showed no patience listening to him and just pressing 'x' and answering a question wrong

• Advertisement

sorry , i met him in the black gulch and the shaded ruins first, then the castle (i think) I may go back to the black gulch to make sure I met him there. I normally play after the pub so often I turn on the game the next time in a whole new area and not quite sure how i got there or what i had missed !!

just found it strange that certain areas had a '?' over them on the warp screen. I'm just hoping i did not mess his story line up just because i showed no patience listening to him and just pressing 'x' and answering a question wrong

He only ever appears in those three areas so if he is not at any then you are boned I think.

The ??? just means an undiscovered bonfire but is not relevant as you say you have already found him in the three areas.

Next DLC tomorrow! I'm hyped. Really trying to avoid looking at videos of it...although I did get a sneak peek at some of the new spells and they look amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Decided to go back and join the dark covenant to tackle the Dark Chasm of Old.

Tried to beat the Darklurker boss 3 times with no luck. Gave it a rest after that as it was a pain getting back to him.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

tok9 wrote: »

Tried to beat the Darklurker boss 3 times with no luck. Gave it a rest after that as it was a pain getting back to him.

Are you doing it on NG? If you have a magic build you can beat him easy enough i think. I was a dex build and he was a pain, especially when he splits into two. I had to resort to spamming pyros at him in the end.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Are you doing it on NG? If you have a magic build you can beat him easy enough i think. I was a dex build and he was a pain, especially when he splits into two. I had to resort to spamming pyros at him in the end.

On NG+ and ya I'm a strength build. A friend told me to switch to magic too.

If you need the job done, use sunlight/great lightning spear. You will have zero issues. 2 soul vessels and you can temporarily change your build.

Ya I may do that.. whenever I go back playing I'll check it out again.

I was exploring around the new DLC entrance before it officially launches... more "this sign is being channeled from far away" signs, wonder what that's all about?

Pretty much finished the new DLC now.
    Sir Alonne is the best boss in DS2 hands down, one of the best in the Souls series!

Haha, I gave up with my Dex build!

Wish I'd thought to use the Vessels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

On NG+ and ya I'm a strength build. A friend told me to switch to magic too.

I did on on my first play through with a strength build. Drangelic castle was the last place to visit and once you observe the movements of the boss it becomes pretty easy.

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Pretty much finished the new DLC now.

Just downloaded it tonight. I just started NG+ at the weekend - if I'd known it was out this week I would've waited. Now I have to clear the game up to the Iron Keep.

Any good?

hadoken13 wrote: »
    I did on on my first play through with a strength build. Drangelic castle was the last place to visit and once you observe the movements of the boss it becomes pretty easy.

I don't know. Once there are two of them it's gets really difficult. Especially when 2 hits will generally kill me.

I don't know. Once there are two of them it's gets really difficult. Especially when 2 hits will generally kill me.

I used chaos storm a lot - there is a certain time they can't hit you and it does a lot of damage. Also, when you go in first hit them as many times as you can. When they split, always be careful of one going behind your back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Mr.Thicky here. I have the season pass, what do I need to do to play the latest DLC? Its showing up as 9.99 is the store?

penev10 wrote: »
    Mr.Thicky here. I have the season pass, what do I need to do to play the latest DLC? Its showing up as 9.99 is the store?

I think if you go to purchase it, it may say you have already purchased it. You can do this before the confirm screen.

hadoken13 wrote: »
    I think if you go to purchase it, it may say you have already purchased it. You can do this before the confirm screen.

No joy :(

I went to the Season Pass screen and hit download but it did nothing.

Didn't this happen with another game where the season pass didn't work for a few days? annoying as I actually have a free evening for once.

Looks like I'll have to wait until tomorrow judging by the comments on the PS blog :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Finally got the game their yesterday.
    Took a break from the souls from playing number 1 so much :)

Getting destroyed :(
    was wondering why I couldn't see any summon signs either
    that champions convent is placed very conveniently near the start of the game -.- had to make a new character cause I didnt know how leave it :L figured out its the bloody cat on my new save.

Went for the duel swordsmen class.
    Killed the first boss tonight (at least I think its the first boss, am I going the right way?) :L
    some long armed rock thing called The Last Giant , I had help killing it, wow I found it hard even with another person haha

enjoying the game so far :) baby steps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Finally got the game their yesterday.
    Took a break from the souls from playing number 1 so much :)

Getting destroyed :(
    was wondering why I couldn't see any summon signs either
    that champions convent is placed very conveniently near the start of the game -.- had to make a new character cause I didnt know how leave it :L figured out its the bloody cat on my new save.

Went for the duel swordsmen class.
    Killed the first boss tonight (at least I think its the first boss, am I going the right way?) :L
    some long armed rock thing called The Last Giant , I had help killing it, wow I found it hard even with another person haha

enjoying the game so far :) baby steps

Yep that's the first boss!

Advertisement