Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

COYVB wrote: »
    interviewing one of the guys at from next week. anyone want to know anything?

Do they stand by their "there will be no DLC" statement from a while back. :pac:

Edit: oh and can Calex from boards have some free dark souls related swag !!!!! best ask that 1st!!!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

a definite pc release date would be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

COYVB wrote: »

Possible Question;

Initially after they announced DS2 they made a statement saying they were sticking with the souls formula but making the game a lot more accessible to newer players and a wider audience. Everyone took this to mean a much more direct approach in story telling and game mechanics but now feedback from early play suggests this isn't true at all and it's very similar to the original. If this is the case then what did they mean by more accessible and what's changed in this regard?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Ask them are the rumours of Demon Souls 2 or a variation of the game coming out as a PS4 exclusive actually true and if so when will it be released, might be a bit of a risky question though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Japanese lads are weird in interviews, you never know what they'll say i find. Could actually get an answer for you lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Xenji wrote: »
    Ask them are the rumours of Demon Souls 2 or a variation of the game coming out as a PS4 exclusive actually true and if so when will it be released, might be a bit of a risky question though.

I think the rumour was Sony are developing it themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

A few particular examples of what inspired them to create ingame lore. I know they mentioned scandinavian mythology and things like that, but a few particular examples would be great.

Just see in my email gamestop a nice poster for preordering ..... must resist :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

**** preordering, or buying online. Gonna arrive at my local Gamestop at 9am, get the game, then play the **** out of till 9am the next morning

Seen a list of the starting classes today. Wont spoil the choices for anyone but the Deprived makes a return but this time he starts with nothing. No weapons, no shield, no armour and he starts at SL1 with +6 in every stat. I was gonna start my first run of this game playing with one of the more Dex heavy classes but this is very tempting. Anyone else who has seen the class list tempted by the Deprived?

**** preordering, or buying online. Gonna arrive at my local Gamestop at 9am, get the game, then play the **** out of till 9am the next morning

Seen a list of the starting classes today. Wont spoil the choices for anyone but the Deprived makes a return but this time he starts with nothing. No weapons, no shield, no armour and he starts at SL1 with +6 in every stat. I was gonna start my first run of this game playing with one of the more Dex heavy classes but this is very tempting. Anyone else who has seen the class list tempted by the Deprived?

Wait is that an extra 6 points in every stat the other classes dont have? Surely that can't be right, everyone will just pick it.

• Advertisement

Big Knox wrote: »
    Wait is that an extra 6 points in every stat the other classes dont have? Surely that can't be right, everyone will just pick it.

Guess i shouldn't have put the + in it. Nah his stats are 6 right across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Guess i shouldn't have put the + in it. Nah his stats are 6 right across the board.

DS1 had the Deprived start with 11 in every stat at SL6 so seems like he's almost 30 levels worse off (54 Vs 83). Good for challenge runs though! SL-29!:eek:

Sorry I thought with the fact you were saying you might pick it for your first run then there must have been some reason to so I thought the "+" meant extra stats. Out of curiosity, why would you pick it for a first playthrough? Surely not just for the min/max potential?
    penev10 wrote: »
    DS1 had the Deprived start with 11 in every stat at SL6 so seems like he's almost 30 levels worse off (54 Vs 83). Good for challenge runs though! SL-29!:eek:

If that's the case I'm guessing that starting stats are lower across the board so and not a direct comparison to the originals starting numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

If that's the case I'm guessing that starting stats are lower across the board so and not a direct comparison to the originals starting numbers.
    Maybe, seems a bit extreme all right but there are tons of hardcore challenge heads out there who'd lap it up.

If stats are lower across the board that would only mean less variety surely? Tis interesting but I'm not going to look for spoilers!:eek:

Sorry I thought with the fact you were saying you might pick it for your first run then there must have been some reason to so I thought the "+" meant extra stats. Out of curiosity, why would you pick it for a first playthrough? Surely not just for the min/max potential?

I like the idea of the Deprived in this game being a clean slate. If i played a Cleric or Sorcerer id be more inclined to build a Faith or Magic build because of starting stats. With Deprived i like the idea of Drangleic playing a part in molding my character since i probably will build him based on what equipment i find and what enemies i face. No doubt this character will be a hot mess.

Other characters i make after clearing the game will be min/maxed with a class archetype in mind.

SO HYPE :D:D:D:D

I like the idea of the Deprived in this game being a clean slate. If i played a Cleric or Sorcerer id be more inclined to build a Faith or Magic build because of starting stats. With Deprived i like the idea of Drangleic playing a part in molding my character since i probably will build him based on what equipment i find and what enemies i face. No doubt this character will be a hot mess.

Other characters i make after clearing the game will be min/maxed with a class archetype in mind.

SO HYPE :D:D:D:D

That's a better answer than I was expecting tbh, fair play. :p

My plan for Dark ended up making the game way too easy for my liking. I pumped VIT + END and maxed a lightning claymore which unknown at the time was by far the best weapon in the game on launch combined with massive HP + soft capped END.

This time I'm going to do something similar to yourself. No initial plan going in. Find a weapon with a new moveset that I like and run with it! Save the min/maxing until my 2nd playthrough.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, the 1st playthrough isn't about having the best character possible. Just looking to enjoy it, explore as much as possible, and kill at least 2 enemies for every one death :P

Kiith wrote: »
    Yeah, the 1st playthrough isn't about having the best character possible. Just looking to enjoy it, explore as much as possible, and kill at least 2 enemies for every one death :P

Gotta keep that K/D Ratio over 1.0 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Dying, and then dying again as you try and retrieve your corpse and losing tons of souls. This kind of stops happening after you have mastered the game so you forget about it.....but remember how often it happened at the start? THAT'S the thing im dreading/looking forward to the most about the new one. The fear. :p

"Careful....careful....can't lose that 6k worth of souls......carefu.....annnnnd one shotted. FFS!" :D

Hmm, the latest Eurogamer preview slightly worries me (no story spoilers, but two mechanics that are in). Still guaranteed to love it, but just a few minor concerns.
    Respecs with the Soul Vessal, and to a lesser extent fast travel. Respecs I especially don't like. We can only hope the cost to respec is absolutely massive, otherwise it kind of makes multiple characters pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Kiith wrote: »
    Hmm, the latest Eurogamer preview slightly worries me (no story spoilers, but two mechanics that are in). Still guaranteed to love it, but just a few minor concerns.
    Respecs with the Soul Vessal, and to a lesser extent fast travel. Respecs I especially don't like. We can only hope the cost to respec is absolutely massive, otherwise it kind of makes multiple characters pointless.

No, no, no. I don't like that all.
    Especially fast travel. I actually liked the trekking in Dark Souls. It was fun going through areas where you had previously been getting your ass kicked and then have the ability to swat aside those same enemies as the game went on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Dark Souls 1 had
    fast travel
    .....I don't really see the issue. I doubt you will have it at the start, you will probably get it about halfway through the game just like the first one.
    Respecs
    is an acquired taste I guess.

Kirby wrote: »
    Dark Souls 1 had
    fast travel
    .....I don't really see the issue. I doubt you will have it at the start, you will probably get it about halfway through the game just like the first one.
    Respecs
    is an acquired taste I guess.

Actually, after thinking about it a bit more, i don't really mind the [/spoiler]fast travel. If they are doing bonfires like in Demons Souls (1 at the start of each level), than it's grand. I just don't want to immediately be able to fast travel anywhere.

Respecs though...i don't like. In an MMO it's fine, but not Dark Souls. As i said though, maybe the cost is enormous or there is a limited supply (as in i made a stupid mistake, so i can reset my skill points once per playthrough).[/spoiler]

Oh big no to respecing :mad:

A build is going to be better in taking on some enemies over others , but should be able to overcome all by some means. I just hope the respec isn't code for bad design ..... doubt it is but has me slightly concerned

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Respec? as in like reassign stats and such? hell with that, having a build that wrecks some enemies but is a tougher fight against others is half the fun.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

that sounds like some unbelievable bull****...

That'd totally remove the challenge from some bosses, like imagine being able to take all your intelligence points and stick them into dex for say the Four Kings fight, if it was something you can only do once and then those points can't be reassigned then yeah ok, doesn't mean you have to do it. but figuring out how to get around your lack of whatever skill in certain fights is a plus of the game instead of being able to walk over everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,329 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

the respecing can't be true, and if it is there will be out cry and be patched out quickly.

pumping your faith up to 50 for such an area, then back to strength vitality for another area. bull**** !!

i must go look for that article , as you can see I am extremely busy at work this monday morning

Black Iron edition is back on amazon to pre-order, anyone know what they're like for launch day stuff? do you need to pick 1-2 day delivery or will super saver get it on launch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,329 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

you will probably get it 1-2 days later, unless you pick the fast delivery and use parcel motel, many people got GTA5 before release day using this method.

i just pre ordered with gamestop and hope they will give it to me the evening before release

Advertisement