Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

noodler wrote: »
    I played through it 2.5 times to get the Platinum but can't recall ever feeling like I was being invaded too much

At first I hated being invaded now I like it, I don't tend to keep much humanity or souls on me so if i die meh no big deal, and some pretty funny stuff happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I wonder have they done much about fixing the stat imbalances from the first game? It really would be quite interesting if the stats were made such that there is an actual alternative course of action to just pumping vitality and endurance for the first 6 hours.

I wonder have they done much about fixing the stat imbalances from the first game? It really would be quite interesting if the stats were made such that there is an actual alternative course of action to just pumping vitality and endurance for the first 6 hours.

I read somewhere that different classes will have different starting items too, dunno how true that is but it should make for good repeat plays, really the starting classes don't make a huge difference in DS1 unless you're going after a specific build that already has higher say dexterity and it'll spare you pumping souls into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

krudler wrote: »
    I read somewhere that different classes will have different starting items too, dunno how true that is but it should make for good repeat plays, really the starting classes don't make a huge difference in DS1 unless you're going after a specific build that already has higher say dexterity and it'll spare you pumping souls into it.

Yeah I started a new account there a few days ago going for just VIT/END/STR build and it doesn't seem like the class I pick affects it that much aside from maybe a few STR/DEX levels here and there. They definitely have a lot of scope to mess around with starting items for a bit more balance because the master key was quite clearly the only option in DS. I think I read somewhere that they might have a respec option though or I could be making that up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It looks insanely hard from that last video...i can't wait! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

I was going to wait and hope that it gets a ps4 release later in the year, but I can't wait, looks like the ps4 (with lack of games so far) will end up gathering dust while I play Dark Souls 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/dark-souls-ii/cid=EP0700-NPEJ00281_00-B000000000000926
    Preorder Dark Souls II today and get a dynamic theme, plus 10 exclusive early access weapons and shields:
    - Black Flamestone Dagger
    - Black Flamestone Parma
    - Yellow Quartz Longsword
    - Yellow Quartz Shield
    - Bound Hand Axe
    - Bound Wooden Shield
    - Homunculus Mace
    - Homunculus Wooden Shield
    - Transgressor's Staff
    - Transgressor's Leather Shield

Surely this goes against everything Dark Souls is about?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,238 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

hmmm , i have it preordered in gamespot so am getting it there.

hopefully none of those mentioned items are far in the game or very difficult to get (or powerful for that matter) Imagine getting something like the lightning spear given to you your first playthrough of dark souls !! would ruin it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

I'm intrigued by dark souls. Is it a game that I can play for a hour or two and come back to easily?

Never played the last one? Worth picking up cheap before I go for this?

CptMackey wrote: »
    I'm intrigued by dark souls. Is it a game that I can play for a hour or two and come back to easily?

Never played the last one? Worth picking up cheap before I go for this?

Yes.

With coming back to it, yes and no, the more you play the better you get, and some sections are maddengly difficult early on so you wind up playing for way longer than you planned. You also can't pause the game. You can quit out of it and it it'll put you back where you were though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,012 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CptMackey wrote: »

If it gets its hooks into you there's no such thing as an hour or two.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If it gets its hooks into you there's no such thing as an hour or two.

So true, I finished a build last week and said I was done with it, now I'm back doing another one :pac: when I get my Uchi back to +15 I'll finish it. cough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Cool. Might be what I'm looking for so. Getting sick of playing shooters online and looking for a single player game that I can get into :)

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

penev10 wrote: »

I'd hazard a guess that those weapons are more show than anything and probably outclassed pretty easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I never relised how hard it is too make a pure int/vit build until I came too the cabra demon thing

my god I have a +5 straight sword just until I get the magic stuff im looking for haha

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I never relised how hard it is too make a pure int/vit build until I came too the cabra demon thing

my god I have a +5 straight sword just until I get the magic stuff im looking for haha

You should have a +5 Magic Weapon and Griggs rescued before you get to the Capra. I did up a Magic User guide which is on the wiki here: http://darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Magic+User+Guide

It's a bit basic looking back on it now but it can act like a checklist for the uninitiated.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,320 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Ah crap, no Black Armour Editions left for pre-order on Amazon or Gamestop.

I am a slouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Im the same, I wanted the Collector edition from both and now its gone..... if anyone had any other ideas can you pm me :)

Gamesnash? not listed on there yet though, hmv will probably get it too although they only have the standard one at the mo, probably the same with xtravision

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

wow just got this from amazon:
    "Please be advised that we have a revised delivery date for the items you ordered on September 21 2013.

"Dark Souls II - Collector's Edition (PC DVD)"
    Estimated arrival date: March 19 2014 - March 20 2014"

for real

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

dunno if I buy that. what work could they have done on the pc version in one week

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I was holding out to order the Collectors edition. This is bad news. Is there nowhere with it left for pre-order?

Standard edition for under €40 using code wanted10 on zavvi http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/dark-souls-ii-includes-graphic-novel-pre-order-incentive/10659394.html

delivery is usually slow though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

ShaneU wrote: »

Nice thanks. Anyone any idea on what they are like for delivery times?

The special editions of the previous games were available for months after launch!

If the pre-orders are selling out then this is going to sell good numbers, not COD big but good enough to guarantee more Souls games. Roll on DS3!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

ShaneU wrote: »
    Standard edition for under €40 using code wanted10 on zavvi http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/dark-souls-ii-includes-graphic-novel-pre-order-incentive/10659394.html

delivery is usually slow though

Thanks for the link, just ordered!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

interviewing one of the guys at from next week. anyone want to know anything?

Advertisement