Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Euro Gold and Silver Commemorative coins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 fantafanta

I know it's a long shot but if anyone has a spare one through double ordering etc, could you PM me please and I will buy it, as I couldn't purchase any. Thanks.

Wheety wrote: »
    So will Luke Kelly have a larger run? Rory and Phil were 3,000 each.

Most of the ones I've bought over the years have been christening presents for family members born in that particular year. The Luke Kelly one will be the only one I've expressly wanted for myself. If I miss out next year I'll go bananas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Someone posted one on Adverts already

https://www.adverts.ie/coins/phil-lynott-coins/19341944

Withdrawn and the seller also said "Didn’t realise there would be such interest - coins not being delivered until next week.

Will keep everyone posted on here."

Wonder will it be back up next week for €300 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭ice.cube

Withdrawn and the seller also said "Didn’t realise there would be such interest - coins not being delivered until next week.

Has 3 for sale FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

laros wrote: »
    The same here tho it says the Transaction was sucessful "Your transaction has been successful but there was a problem connecting back to the merchant's web site. Please contact the merchant and advise them that you received this error message."

I have still not received an email and the transaction is still pending in online banking. I've just submitted a message to them and they can't process it right now, will get back to me ASAP.

• Advertisement

ice.cube wrote: »
    Has 3 for sale FFS!

Didn't even notice the number of them. Withdrawn for the minute anyway. Will be at least double the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Most of the ones I've bought over the years have been christening presents for family members born in that particular year. The Luke Kelly one will be the only one I've expressly wanted for myself. If I miss out next year I'll go bananas.

Yeah it's disappointing. a lot of the Lizzy fans going mad. I play in a Lizzy cover band and none of us had any luck

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Back on about Philo on whineline

Didn't even notice the number of them. Withdrawn for the minute anyway. Will be at least double the price.

On principal I’d leave the coins with the seller, profiteering :mad:

We wish to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused due to technical issues on the website www.collectorcoins.ie. This was as a result of extremely high demand for the limited edition (3,000) Phil Lynott coin which launched today.

This coin is now sold out.

Customers who have already received an email confirming their order, or received a message advising them to contact their merchant, will have their order processed when the technical issues have been fully resolved.

https://www.centralbank.ie/news/article/press-release-statement-phil-lynott-collector-coin-27-november-2019

• Advertisement

Gmol wrote: »
    Doesn't say if the pending coin orders will be fulfilled....

Well this: "received a message advising them to contact their merchant", is what I received and the order is pending. This message only appeared on screen, no email.

Well this: "received a message advising them to contact their merchant", is what I received and the order is pending. This message only appeared on screen, no email.

Same

Gmol wrote: »
    Same

Think we'll be ok then.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭laros

I got the same ...

Think we'll be ok then.

I reckon people have put multiple orders through, hence all the pending ones.

How are people supposed to know that their order has gone through when they get a message telling them to "check with the merchant"

The message said "Your transaction has been successful but there was a problem connecting back to the merchants web site (to me this means it hasn't been successful). Please contact the merchant and advise them that you received this error message"

I take from that the order didn't go through

How many others?

vicwatson wrote: »

How are people supposed to know that their order has gone through when they get a message telling them to "check with the merchant"

The message said "Your transaction has been successful but there was a problem connecting back to the merchants web site (to me this means it hasn't been successful). Please contact the merchant and advise them that you received this error message"

How many others?

I got the same after putting in one order, but it looks to me like it will be OK since they said anyone that got that message will have their order processed when the technical issue is dealt with. I submitted a message to them and it said it will be dealt with as soon as they can.
    Edit to add, the query will be dealt with, that is.

How many others?

The error sounds to me like our payment was successful (which it was) but they couldn't relay that back to the merchant.

I'm sure they have a way of confirming but they'll probably have to manually match payments with orders. I have an order number for the pending order and payment was taken.

The error sounds to me like our payment was successful (which it was) but they couldn't relay that back to the merchant.

I'm sure they have a way of confirming but they'll probably have to manually match payments with orders. I have an order number for the pending order and payment was taken.

People might have kept putting orders through though, multiple orders, they might also not want more than one coin so I'd say some will go back on sale?

People might have kept putting orders through though, multiple orders, they might also not want more than one coin so I'd say some will go back on sale?

Yeah, I agree with that. Not sure if you can cancel an order or if they'll contact people to see if they want to go ahead.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I agree with that. Not sure if you can cancel an order or if they'll contact people to see if they want to go ahead.

I assume they'll be able to contact people through their purchase email addresses

I'll gladly take any spare coin off your hands if someone ends up with more than they want.

Few on Ebay already.

Well this guy has put 2 of his coins on Ebay

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Phil-Lynott-Silver-Proof-Coin/202832676579?hash=item2f39c506e3:g:dr8AAOSwTpZd3rIP

Are people willing to pay €305 euro for one of these? Jaysus

Anyone know if these guys have a phone contact, looks like only an email address on their website?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

Are people willing to pay €305 euro for one of these? Jaysus

How about 500... 4 already sold on ebay
    https://www.ebay.ie/sch/Coins/11116/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=thin%20lizzy&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Anyone been given any indication when they might expect delivery? The Rory coin arrived about a week after going on sale

• Advertisement

Anyone been given any indication when they might expect delivery? The Rory coin arrived about a week after going on sale

Nothing as yet, the only communication I have has is an email to say the order was successful and will be processed when the technical difficulties are sorted. The money that was pending has now been taken so hopefully won't be too long before arrival.

Advertisement