Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Americans [FX - Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It's not Stan, but Kim's father, who's getting the promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

could they both not go into semi-retirement in the USA? I know the centre would probably want them to follow up on the intel they gather, thye could find people to do wet work, but if Elizabeth thinks its possible for him to step down... they could become Gabriels.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,363 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Meanwhile in polygraph town...that opening, Christ.

Stan, cooking again? :pac: Burst pipes, eh yeah. Renee's vote of confidence means no exiting counter-intel just yet - her motivation, to be confirmed. Philip got his Dunlop t-shirt on and Bono glasses for his time with Kim. I did like Aderholt's jumper too. Martha's got the cupla focail. Tuan with his feckin' bourgeois arseology. Too right you can't do this alone.

Henry's acceptance letter was the first time I've noticed the hallway lamp the Jenning's lamp features two owls. Paige on Reagan duty, her relationship with Elizabeth continues to grow. She dusted off that little bit of blood like it was nothing. Night walk/bench scene - that world view always at her core. Philip is shattered. In the meeting with Claudia he was as much speaking about his own family's needs as Pasha's.

As per the tape, in the Soviet Division, everything gets done right. Flying colours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I did enjoy the season but less so than previously. There wasn't as much tension as before, the danger factor was missing to a degree. It was pretty obvious from early on that it was going to be basically setting things up for the final season but I'm fine with that.

Hard to believe we only have 10 episodes left. There's a lot to play out before Stan finds out about them so I imagine it will get into its stride from quite early on. I think Philip's doubts about getting Paige involved will eventually see him in a position where he's completely at odds with Elizabeth. I think we'll get to a point where there's some kind of confrontation and he's left with an awful choice to make. Can't wait for it to come back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

It was a tedious enough season

It should get very interesting

I'm thinking Henry will let something slip to Stan or Stan will notice something unusual and he gets killed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

That was Awesome!

Who's
    Spying on them
    ?!?!? :eek::eek::eek: How are they gonna deal with that in the last season?! My guess is it's
    their own crowd making sure they stay on message.

What am I talking about?
    I'm pretty sure they were trying to show it when Goodbye Yellow Brick Road by Elton John was playing. During Elizabeths parts. It didn't look like a poignant "oh look, I have clothes moment", it looked like a "hey, what's this wire dangling down in front of my waredrobe moment" and then followed on by her scoping out their Kitchen for other devices, she was looks at all the applications and the mantlepiece.

Apart from that, the whole episode was done well. Tuan and Pashas story is is so eerie. I think we've been given that Renee is working Stan, we just have to see how. The Paige build-up is done, we might see some final touches but something big has to be in the line up for her. Unsure why Philip was hanging out at the waterfront like that. It's like he's gonna chuck the device in, that he just wants out even though he just heard that intel about knowing who the next head in the FBI office will be. I guess he see's it as something they could get in, get ahead of and own.. but that they wouldn't be able to get out of the game.

Henry... Henry's story feels the most unfair kinda unfair or injust or something. Even Philip and Elizabeth seem to be acknowledging it. It's being kept so vague though. Something has to be coming from left-field.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

What was the last scene you saw? Was it Philip walking upstairs after talking to Paige? If so you missed the last few minutes of the episode where it is explained about the importance of the tape and why Philip contemplated throwing it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Slydice wrote: »
    Henry... Henry's story feels the most unfair kinda unfair or injust or something. Even Philip and Elizabeth seem to be acknowledging it. It's being kept so vague though. Something has to be coming from left-field.

I cant help but wonder if it'll be something so simple as Stan giving Henry another tour of the FBI but this time he'll bring him into the secure room where Henry will see, and recognise, the drawings of his parents on the wall.

• Advertisement

iguana wrote: »
    What was the last scene you saw? Was it Philip walking upstairs after talking to Paige? If so you missed the last few minutes of the episode where it is explained about the importance of the tape and why Philip contemplated throwing it away.

Yes! I missed the last few minutes. Looks like I called it! :) Thank you!

Damn though that last scene made the whole thing more downbeat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

JohnK wrote: »
    I cant help but wonder if it'll be something so simple as Stan giving Henry another tour of the FBI but this time he'll bring him into the secure room where Henry will see, and recognise, the drawings of his parents on the wall.

It's heading that way

Henry-stan unmasking the spies

JohnK wrote: »

and then Stan compromised vs Henry compromised!

One season to unravel this!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,363 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

That was cool! Although it now there's the wait for next season!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

"hey, what's this wire dangling down in front of my waredrobe moment" and then followed on by her scoping out their Kitchen for other devices, she was looks at all the applications and the mantlepiece.

The wire was just the pull cord to activate the wardrobe light, not a bug or anything suspicious. Elizabeth was then admiring her clothes and shoes. Then all the belongings in her home, where she has lived happily for around 20 years. Pondering that she will not have any of these material goods when the returns to Russia. She has now spent more of her adult life in America than in Russia. She gets to return home with the satisfaction of knowing she helped save her country but her day to day life will never be as good.

That seems a bit more sensible when you put it like that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

That was Awesome!

Who's
    Spying on them
    ?!?!? :eek::eek::eek: How are they gonna deal with that in the last season?! My guess is it's
    their own crowd making sure they stay on message.

What am I talking about?
    I'm pretty sure they were trying to show it when Goodbye Yellow Brick Road by Elton John was playing. During Elizabeths parts. It didn't look like a poignant "oh look, I have clothes moment", it looked like a "hey, what's this wire dangling down in front of my waredrobe moment" and then followed on by her scoping out their Kitchen for other devices, she was looks at all the applications and the mantlepiece.

Apart from that, the whole episode was done well. Tuan and Pashas story is is so eerie. I think we've been given that Renee is working Stan, we just have to see how. The Paige build-up is done, we might see some final touches but something big has to be in the line up for her. Unsure why Philip was hanging out at the waterfront like that. It's like he's gonna chuck the device in, that he just wants out even though he just heard that intel about knowing who the next head in the FBI office will be. I guess he see's it as something they could get in, get ahead of and own.. but that they wouldn't be able to get out of the game.

Kimmys Father isn't FBI, He's CIA,he was head of the Afghan desk when they copped who she was.The Soviet Division is the CIA's.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 14,394 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Hopefully now they can get down to business, after dragging things out interminably during the last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭VG31

Does anyone know how I can watch seasons 3-5? Seasons 1 and 2 are on Amazon Prime Video and DVD but the rest of the show doesn't seem to be available in Ireland.

VG31 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how I can watch seasons 3-5? Seasons 1 and 2 are on Amazon Prime Video and DVD but the rest of the show doesn't seem to be available in Ireland.

I had a look at Final Co Co library's online catalogue. They have 1 and 2 on DVD, with 3 coming or on hold. Maybe as people are interested. It's definitely the show because the actors are listed. Nothing further than 3, unfortunately. Perhaps worth asking your local library anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

40 days...really hope it delivers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭whatever76

any idea if they showing Season 5 on RTE ?

I know showing on one of the ITV channels but they not on sky

• Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

whatever76 wrote: »
    any idea if they showing Season 5 on RTE ?

I know showing on one of the ITV channels but they not on sky

I was wondering the same thing myself.

Doesn't look like they will though.

Pro: LOOKS EPIC!

Con: Final Season! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Can’t wait. Most underrated show ever.

Advertisement