Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student dies from fatal stabbing

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I've merged the two threads, so that people can have a look back over the rest of the discussion as the events happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I am pie wrote: »
    Wtf were these students doing going downstairs to confront anyone in Rialto?

That no doubt influenced the verdict here, bit of shouting, they rush downstairs to start on them and what was gonna be a hiding for some local gobby kids turns into a manslaughter.

It wasn't murder and it was sentenced as such.

Of course it was murder. The fact that he left the scene to retrieve a knife clearly demonstrates that without any obligation to do so, he returned with a weapon seeking an altercation. Let's stop diminishing responsibility here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭15Pete

The two hoodlums should actually just be hung from O'Connell Bridge tomorrow morning, that would be the justice most people want to see; even if they wont admit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Hang on here before we hang the kid, from the other older thread I understand it that there was a bit of shouting back and forth from the students and the teenagers (am trying to avoid name calling or getting into nationalities which are all irrelevant), the students then rushed downstairs (initiating the physical nature of the conflict?..not sure?) and a fight turned into a stabbing.

In that light I don't believe that murder is the correct description, it was not premeditated, not even a premeditated assault. Correctly charged for manslaughter, not sure about the lesser offence for carrying the knife.

If it did unfold as above then the sentencing is just about right, for a 17 yr old kid.

1. Don't carry knives, you'll end up inside if you use them
    2. Be careful who you needlessly confront physically in "rough" areas in inner city Dublin.

The 2nd point is common sense really, the first should be policed appropriately. Difficult to search every kid in Rialto of course and take their knives away.

Are you serious?

Just about right?

Until the next scumbag is enabled by the state to murder peaceful people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Here's the scrote Wesley Kelly.

Arriving for court, looks to me that he and his family aren't really taking the court seriously ... but then again I'm not a clever barrister or judge or member of Amnesty Ireland.

https://lh3.ggpht.com/CGd5kQZPyHmQbODry57BrxzSe-eAfBULSRIDlHG_Da6oas4aUcuSiaxpOaB7cqDW2ZdcsQ=s128

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Arriving for court, looks to me that he and his family aren't really taking the court seriously ... but then again I'm not a clever barrister or judge or member of Amnesty Ireland.

https://lh3.ggpht.com/CGd5kQZPyHmQbODry57BrxzSe-eAfBULSRIDlHG_Da6oas4aUcuSiaxpOaB7cqDW2ZdcsQ=s128

He better get someone to fcuk up his face before he goes down. Looks like that purty mouth is gonna be working overtime when the Albino gets a hold of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

mad muffin wrote: »
    He better get someone to fcuk his face before he goes down. Looks like that purty mouth is gonna be working overtime when the Albino gets a hold of him.

Many Wuts? and one wut - who's the Albino?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Should be fcuk up his face :o

Have you not seen Banshee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭desultory

What a disgusting looking person. I mean genuinely proper ugly. Is that what inbreeding results in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Of course it was murder. The fact that he left the scene to retrieve a knife clearly demonstrates that without any obligation to do so, he returned with a weapon seeking an altercation. Let's stop diminishing responsibility here.

the way some posters here speak you'd swear it was difficult not to stab/murder people, as if the murdering little scumbag couldn't help it.you know what if it wasn't for the fact that some innocent people might be killed through mistaken identity id support hanging for crimes such as these. the only thing is you can never be 100% sure and one innocent death would be too much.i'd consider myself a liberal person, I dont care what someones does once they don't interfere with others. but i believe that your freedom stops at my nose and if you cross over the line there should be dire,dire consequences. far more severe than those that currently exist.How hard is it to not **** with other people?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Reformed Character

Wtf were these students doing going downstairs to confront anyone in Rialto?

That no doubt influenced the verdict here, bit of shouting, they rush downstairs to start on them and what was gonna be a hiding for some local gobby kids turns into a manslaughter cold blooded calculated murder.

It wasn't murder and it was sentenced as such.
    Fixed your post.

It was murder, he was charged and convicted of MURDER at the Central Criminal Court.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

You mean you don't know..........hang on who is The Albino?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

So sad as he had his whole life ahead of him, I feel so sorry for his parents.

They have set up a foundation in his honour to help students, a lovely gesture by grieving parents.

Advertisement