Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student dies from fatal stabbing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I think there's a difference - mooning is (usually) a joke, giving the finger is just mindless aggression/spite.

I think I#d prefer a finger gesture than having to see some zany student cunt flashing his flabby white arse at me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

anncoates wrote: »
    I think I#d prefer a finger gesture than having to see some zany student cunt flashing his flabby white arse at me.
    I wouldn't be too keen on either of them, but only one would give me the impression some scum would happily knife me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

I wouldn't be too keen on either of them, but only one would give me the impression some scum would happily knife me.

Bit of a jump from giving the middle finger to stabbing someone, think about it for a minute.

fullstop wrote: »
    Bit of a jump from giving the middle finger to stabbing someone, think about it for a minute.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

The justice system in this country is exactly the opposite of just that - not justified at all.

Only in Ireland can you get *a very unfair sentence for not taxing garlic, while people like this get away lighter (which does happen) thanks to 'their backgrounds'.

I don't care what anyone says, your background is not a legitimate excuse for how you act. Everyone has free will.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

CuriousG wrote: »
    The justice system in this country is exactly the opposite of just that - not justified at all.

Only in Ireland can you get half a life sentence for not taxing garlic, while people like this get away lighter (which does happen) thanks to 'their backgrounds'.

I don't care what anyone says, your background is not a legitimate excuse for how you act. Everyone has free will.

A life sentence in Ireland is in fact life, however on average you can expect to get temporary relase with strict conditions after 17 years, though many Life sentence prisoners have served over 25 years and a few have served over 30 years.
    No right thinking person would excuse a crime because of the perpetrators backround, however it can and often does help explain how the come to be involved in crime.
    6 years is NOT half a life sentence, check facts then post.

No right thinking person would excuse a crime because of the perpetrators backround, however it can and often does help explain how the come to be involved in crime.

6 years is NOT half a life sentence, check facts then post.

It may explain how they came to be involved, but it is not an excuse by a long shot. There are some extremely decent people that grow up in what people would call 'rougher' areas, what is the excuse for the small few that decide to use it as an excuse? They are the people I am referring to. Ie; pretty literally a get out of jail free card to some extent, that they came from a bad place and so that is the cause of their problems, which does happen a lot.

You're right, I was just generalising, fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

this case is absolutley horrific! What sort of people can make such a flippant decision at the drop of a hat as to just murder someone?

CuriousG wrote: »
    Only in Ireland can you get *a very unfair sentence for not taxing garlic, while people like this get away lighter (which does happen) thanks to 'their backgrounds'.
    To be fair, that 'garlic man' stole €1,600,000 from the state. Funny how people rail against white collar crime and demand we 'jail the bankers', and when one guy is actually caught and punished it's considered unfair...

To be fair, that 'garlic man' stole €1,600,000 from the state. Funny how people rail against white collar crime and demand we 'jail the bankers', and when one guy is actually caught and punished it's considered unfair...

I was just using that as a comparison to the seriousness of it though, yeah he stole money, it is still a crime, but he actually paid it back, and a human life is worth a lot more than garlic tax in my opinion. Sentences should reflect that is all I am saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Yakult wrote: »
    Should be a life sentence for this murder. But will prob be manslaughter and 13 years or what ever the judge feels "appropriate"..

if you should take a life you should have your life taken,simple as. These guys should be locked up until the day they are take out in a box. I have plenty of friends who have and had horrific lives and haven't turned out like animals like these guys.I have zero sympathy for them. People need to understand that some decisions have irreversible consequences and the law should reflect the sererity of their crimes in their sentences. If locking them up costs too much then the cost of locking someone up should be reduced. If this means jailing someone in medieval style prisons then so be it.

but only one would give me the impression some scum would happily knife me.

That's a little bit of a jump in association.

A hysterical Rake's Progress scenario even.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

so who provoked who? no doubth a knife shouldnt be used over a confrontation

That's a little bit of a jump in association.

A hysterical Rake's Progress scenario even.
    Jeesus Christ, you really have to spell everything out here, don't you?

One implies aggression, the other doesn't.

Can everyone follow that or will I have to break it down a bit more? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

kylith wrote: »
    Rule 1 of living in that area is: You do not piss off the locals.
    There is pissing somebody off and there is PISSING somebody off but if that's how the rules work in that area that god help the good % of people who have to live and work there .

I recently traveled over from England to visit my mother who was a patient in St James Hospital and after the visit at 8.pm , I walked up to the Rialto end of the hospital to catch the 17 bus .I wasn't long standing at the shelter when 4 lads of around 15 years of age approached and proceeded to jump up and in ' kung foo style ' , continually kick the bus shelter and create a general air of menace which made myself and two other people standing there feel very uncomfortable indeed ...which is precisely what they had in mind . After 10 minutes of this , I got so fed up that I jumped on the next city centre bus just to get away from this bunch of brain dead's .
    smurgen wrote: »
    this case is absolutley horrific! What sort of people can make such a flippant decision at the drop of a hat as to just murder someone?
    That's what's so shocking ,that somebody at the drop of a hat take a life so causally .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

A 16 year old child, don't forget.
    Probably didn't think it was result in death to carry a knife. A 23 man should not have gone down and confronted them once let alone twice

Much worse was the story where an elder brother let is 16 brother take a knife out from the kitchen. That resulted in death also. Coolock UCI if I recall. Brother should have been charged.

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    Probably didn't think it was result in death to carry a knife. A 23 man should not have gone down and confronted them once let alone twice
    A 7 year old would know that you can kill people by stabbing them. To say otherwise is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Much worse was the story where an elder brother let is 16 brother take a knife out from the kitchen. That resulted in death also. Coolock UCI if I recall. Brother should have been charged.
    That was an horrendous crime.the poor lad had only recovered from cancer,and was walking home from the cinema with his girlfriend,when this absolute scumbag stabbed him to death and left him to bleed to death in front of his girlfriend.

It angers me even writing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

My heart goes out to the poor lad, his friend and their Mam and Dads.........

It is nearly Christmas and they have lost a son....and another boy with stab wounds.

RIP and heartfelt sadness.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Link

A fight broke out, the 2 scummers left the scene and came back later. This time, presumably, packing blades on them which resulted in a young guy dead.

What a waste.

They went out and confronted unknown scumbags, it's a pity he died but it's a possibility when you act stupid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

lol, so glad you're not in charge of anything

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

But isn't the southside all posh? :rolleyes:

Ush1 wrote: »
    But isn't the southside all posh? :rolleyes:
    Most of it is semi-civilised.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Most of it is semi-civilised.

The real divide is east and west Dublin, not north and south.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gabriele

We forget the most important thing... some parents just lost their son.... and why? because a scumbag decided to stub him over nothing...

Sorry but this p**s me off quite a lot..... and honestly, I don't care if he is 16 or 40, he took away a life, he should get a life sentence, full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭horsemaster

Very sad to hear that. My condolences to the family of the German lad.

Jeesus Christ, you really have to spell everything out here, don't you?:

Only when it's obtuse hysterical guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

lol, so glad you're not in charge of anything
    You should of read the account. The adult brother let an agitated, intoxicated teen come in root around for a steak knife and leave. He made a vague attempt to stop him but let him go out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I'm sorry but going away and arming yourself and then plunging a knife repeatedly into somebody until they die does not merit 12 years (or whatever a life sentence is these days) in jail. Can anybody seriously argue that our criminal justice system is fair and effective?

17 years is the current average.

• Advertisement

Only when it's obtuse hysterical guff.
    And anything that isn't written with the average Justin Bieber fan in mind, it seems.

Advertisement