Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student dies from fatal stabbing

Options
  • 03-12-2012 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭

Link
    Two men were stabbed, one of them fatally, in the early hours of Saturday morning after they had, gardaí believe, become involved in an earlier fight with two youths aged 16 and 19.

The dead man, aged 22, was from Germany and had been studying media studies. He was stabbed in the abdomen and suffered a severed artery in the attack outside the apartment where he was living in the Rialto area of Dublin’s south inner city.
    They were on the balcony with a number of other people when two local teenagers walked past on the street below.

Detectives believe words were exchanged between the teenagers and the men on the balcony.

At that point at least two men from the party in the apartment made their way downstairs and became involved in an altercation on the street with the teenagers.

A fight broke out, the 2 scummers left the scene and came back later. This time, presumably, packing blades on them which resulted in a young guy dead.

What a waste.

MOD NOTE: This thread has been revived as the people involved have been sentenced. The thread was merged with a newer one and those new posts start at #109.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

You accidently the whole thread.

Damn - Ninja edit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

2 month suspended sentenced as they came from a troubled back round and were drunk. Plus we need more "facilitiieeeees" in knackeragua

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Aciiiiiiiiiiid

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Link

A fight broke out, the 2 scummers left the scene and came back later. This time, presumably, packing blades on them which resulted in a young guy dead.

What a waste.
    Yes that's what happened, what's to discuss?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Nothing if you dont want to. Thats the beauty of boards. You dont actually have to post.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 298 ✭✭Tony Soprano.

The murder? What are you trying to say, exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I have no interest in this thread but I'll post in it, anyways...............

Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Very sad loss of life. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Aciiiiiiiiiiid

The murder? What are you trying to say, exactly?
    nobody is going to argue that this wasn't a horrible tragedy and the murderer an absolutely disgusting human being. Don't see the point of this thread.also there will inevitably be a court case and discussing the events could affect the case outcome. Worst case scenario the case is thrown out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

The perpatrators are two walking tumours. These things are not human. A violent sub species of filth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

nobody is going to argue that this wasn't a horrible tragedy and the murderer an absolutely disgusting human being. Don't see the point of this thread.also there will inevitably be a court case and discussing the events could affect the case outcome. Worst case scenario the case is thrown out.

You might be getting ahead of yourself slightly here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

It's quite depressing that it is:

1. Quite possible that they will not be jailed for murder
    2. Even if they are, they will be out by the time they are 30-odd.

I'm sorry but going away and arming yourself and then plunging a knife repeatedly into somebody until they die does not merit 12 years (or whatever a life sentence is these days) in jail. Can anybody seriously argue that our criminal justice system is fair and effective?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Anybody else notice the people went out of their apartment to confront the stabers.
    They were adults and at at least one of the perpetrator was a child.
    Shouldn't of happened but there was at least mutual aggression. It wasn't just random

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

bring back hanging!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Should be a life sentence for this murder. But will prob be manslaughter and 13 years or what ever the judge feels "appropriate"..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

I know common sense isn't awfully common among these type of people, but how could either of them have not stopped for just a second and thought what exactly is stabbing this lad going to achieve?

Such an tragic waste... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

bring back hanging!

We don't favour capital punishment, so no. Unless you mean hanging them by the balls outside the fourcourts, in which case, very much yes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

From reading the reports in the papers it is not obvious to me me who brought the knife. Could it be, I mean is it possible that the two men who left the apartment to confront the two lads brought a knife with them.
    All I'm saying is nobody has even been charged and yet the OP and others have decided for themselves what happened and who was to blame.
    Me..I think I'll wait till we have some facts before I grab my pitchfork and join the baying mob!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Motivator

From reading the reports in the papers it is not obvious to me me who brought the knife. Could it be, I mean is it possible that the two men who left the apartment to confront the two lads brought a knife with them.
    All I'm saying is nobody has even been charged and yet the OP and others have decided for themselves what happened and who was to blame.
    Me..I think I'll wait till we have some facts before I grab my pitchfork and join the baying mob!

No the guards said the 2 rats were refused entry to a party & came back later on with knives. The 2 lads that were stabbed were taunted & came down to get rid of the 2 rats. 2 rats didn't like being told what to do & stabbed the 2 lads.

2 rats should be drowned. Then their families & friends should be rounded up & burned in a big fire. The only way to stop all this **** with these vermen is to attack the source. Castrate all inner city Dublin **** & put a lock & key on their rat faced, skag head girlfriends.

I HATE THEM ALL.

mod: banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Motivator wrote: »
    2 rats should be drowned. Then their families & friends should be rounded up & burned in a big fire. The only way to stop all this **** with these vermen is to attack the source. Castrate all inner city Dublin **** & put a lock & key on their rat faced, skag head girlfriends.

I HATE THEM ALL.

Did one of those nasty boys with a tracksuit make you cry before?

• Advertisement

Motivator wrote: »
    No the guards said the 2 rats were refused entry to a party & came back later on with knives. The 2 lads that were stabbed were taunted & came down to get rid of the 2 rats. 2 rats didn't like being told what to do & stabbed the 2 lads.

I HATE THEM ALL.

What you claim to have happened is not in any report I have heard or seen, please provide a link to your evidence.
    Your post is generally just extremely offensive and insulting rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Rule 1 of living in that area is: You do not piss off the locals.

kylith wrote: »

Oh thats right tar a whole community with the same brush. Well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

kylith wrote: »

i had to have meetings with a bloke that was doing something for my wedding that lived on st. anthonys road. he warned me not come after dark and never leave the car outside. when i got to the street i couldnt believe how rough it was and laughed at the fact that people slag the northside when a place like that street exists on the south of the city
    a bloke i used to work with from a decent part of rialto nearly puked when i told him i had an appointment on that street

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Oh thats right tar a whole community with the same brush. Well done!

I live not far from where this stabbing occurred. In my experience over the last decade I have found that you will be grand around there, as long as you don't piss off the wrong people. And since you never know who the wrong people to piss off are, you're better off not pissing off anyone.
    i had to have meetings with a bloke that was doing something for my wedding that lived on st. anthonys road. he warned me not come after dark and never leave the car outside. when i got to the street i couldnt believe how rough it was and laughed at the fact that people slag the northside when a place like that street exists on the south of the city
    a bloke i used to work with from a decent part of rialto nearly puked when i told him i had an appointment on that street

Yeah, I don't walk down that street, and I'm not surprised that you were advised not to leave the car there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Yakult wrote: »
    Should be a life sentence for this murder. But will prob be manslaughter and 13 years or what ever the judge feels "appropriate"..

If they went off and got a lethal weapon, returned to the scene and used it to kill someone, it's hard to see how they will be done for anything other than murder.

But nothing would surprise me with our justice system.

Some nice houses down there, slightly let down by some of the residents. What part of your upbringing would make you think it was a good idea to give the Google Car the finger?

I wonder are there genetic reasons for these morons ending up at the bottom of the pile? Serious question, although perhaps dangerously close to eugenics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

What part of your upbringing would make you think it was a good idea to give the Google Car the finger?

I think I recall the odd Google Maps mooner from other more salubrious parts of the city, in fairness. .

anncoates wrote: »
    I think I recall the odd Google Maps mooner from other more salubrious parts of the city, in fairness. .
    I think there's a difference - mooning is (usually) a joke, giving the finger is just mindless aggression/spite.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭thiarfearr

It's quite depressing that it is:

1. Quite possible that they will not be jailed for murder
    2. Even if they are, they will be out by the time they are 30-odd.

I'm sorry but going away and arming yourself and then plunging a knife repeatedly into somebody until they die does not merit 12 years (or whatever a life sentence is these days) in jail. Can anybody seriously argue that our criminal justice system is fair and effective?

Its clearly not, look at any local paper and you'll see the same the same scumbags up in court every week, running up 50+ convictions yet still free to go out and run up more.
    This man in Donegal somehow has 465 convictions ffs
    http://www.donegaldaily.com/2012/10/23/co-donegal-man-has-465-criminal-convictions-court-hears/

Then you've beasts like Larry Murphy free after only 12? years, despite showing no remorse, attending no counselling and in all liklihood still a threat.

Advertisement