Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pacman Marquez 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Hope was terrible to think there was talk of him fighting martinez lol as for Barker dont see him going above european level

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

It's either get a bit of sleep or re-watch some of the trilogy before this. A bit of both maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

Henno30 wrote: »
    It's either get a bit of sleep or re-watch some of the trilogy before this. A bit of both maybe.

What time should Paquaio/Marquez be starting?...4? 4:30? Need to set my alarm!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

I think Marquez has this. Pacquiao seems to have lost his power.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Quality fight, the 2 lads are baiting the shíte out of each other. Pacquiao with the better of it so far imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

HOLY ****!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

what a KO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

smokey.jpg

Quality fight. Hope manny is alright, got knocked out cold. Marquez looks to have a broken nose too, i'd imagine he won't feel it till tomorrow though!

sweet overhand right

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Wow, strange thing is I thought Manny was looking really good again.

• Advertisement

What a fecking KO so glad for marquez he was robbed the last fight so glad he finally has his well deserved win over pacman Im also glad because now hopefully we can put all the talk of Mayweather vs Pac behind us and just move forward in the knowledge it just aint gonna happen What a fight maybe fight of the year definately the best KO of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Jeeeeee-sus Christ. Pacquiao pretty much only got hit by 2 real punches, both made bits of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Instead of being sad that somebody may retire, we should be happy to have seen 4 fights between these 2 men.

Although Pac talking about a 5th...........

Pacquiao should retire now in my view he has proved he is a true ledgend in the sport the only thing left for him of worth was to fight Mayweather and that isnt gonna happen for sure after tonight retire while he has his health he has a career in politics ahead of him

ebbsy wrote: »
    Instead of been sad that somebody may retire, we should be happy to have seen 4 fights between these 2 men.
    It would not suprise me a bit if both called it a day after this JMM has his long awaited win over Pac and i dont see where Manny goes from here cos Floyd fight aint happening

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Hell of a fight. Thought Manny was just beginning to dominate when Marquez knocked him out right at the end of the round. Such a brutal hit. Think Manny was ahead on all three scorecards.

Manny was all over him in round five and most of round six and just got a bit too aggressive and left himself open. Quality counter punching from the Mexican in fairness.

Thought that would signal the end of his career but he's just said to Larry Merchant he would like to fight Marquez for a fifth time.

I wanted Marquez to win tonight, but to be honest, the nature of that victory just doesn't sit well with me. I knew he'd have more power, but that was surreal. That was, for want of a better word, unnatural.

I'm glad he has a victory over Manny Pacquiao on his record, he deserves it. But the way he achieved it? It doesn't make a lot of sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭J Bourke

It doesn't make a lot of sense.

Which part are you having difficulty understanding? Both said they were going for a KO

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

I wanted Marquez to win tonight, but to be honest, the nature of that victory just doesn't sit well with me. I knew he'd have more power, but that was surreal. That was, for want of a better word, unnatural.

I'm glad he has a victory over Manny Pacquiao on his record, he deserves it. But the way he achieved it? It doesn't make a lot of sense.

Unnatural??

He threw two hard punches timed perfectly, nothing unnatural about that. He bulked up in the gym and got stronger. I don't see anything unnatural about that.

• Advertisement

Unnatural??

He threw two hard punches timed perfectly, nothing unnatural about that. He bulked up in the gym and got stronger. I don't see anything unnatural about that.

I've seen Marquez catch people with perfectly timed shots his whole career. The guy at the age of 39 suddenly develops power on a whole other level to what he has ever had before, and acquires it after he begins working with a convicted steroid dealer.

I'm a huge Marquez fan, he's probably my favourite fighter. And I've always wanted him to get the victory over Pacquiao that he deserved. That's why I was glad this fight was made when most people said it was pointless. But what we saw tonight, I don't know, suspicious would be the mildest term I could apply to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Im disappointed to see Pac get beat like that. However you cannot deny Marquez a victory, both guys supplied some fantastic entertainment throughout the fights.

The more Manny dominates Marquez through aggression the greater chance Marquez has of knocking him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Da **** just happened ? Just 1 second of the round left which Pac dominated and he gets himself knocked out. Walked straight into the Marquez right hand, stupid would be a massive understatement.

T-K-O wrote: »
    Im disappointed to see Pac get beat like that. However you cannot deny Marquez a victory, both guys supplied some fantastic entertainment throughout the fights.

The more Manny dominates Marquez through aggression the greater chance Marquez has of knocking him out.

Marquez lulled him into the aggression. A lot of people saying that Manny looked good and that's the reason why, JMM gave him a target and let Manny get overconfident. After the first knockdown, he knew he just needed that one shot, and mother of god he supplied it when the opportunity came.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

I love Marquez, and i've never wanted him to win as much as i did tonight because it was a disgrace that he went into the 4th bout without a victory in the first three given how stupidly close each were.

But that power came from a 39 year old bulking up? Sorry i cannot buy that, that was ****ing lethal. I hope i'm wrong, praying i'm wrong because it was the fight of the year and yet another remarkable fight (the best of the lot?), but i'm very very suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭android1

Both fighters looked good. I think part V will be inevitable now. I don't know of another rivalry where a fifth fight is both warranted and needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

I'm not sure Manny will ever be the same after that knockdown, it ranks up there with Durans and Hattons, psychologically it has to affect him surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Marquez lulled him into the aggression. A lot of people saying that Manny looked good and that's the reason why, JMM gave him a target and let Manny get overconfident. After the first knockdown, he knew he just needed that one shot, and mother of god he supplied it when the opportunity came.

I dont think he was lulled into it, he needed to be the aggressor. That's his style and it was working...kinda
    JMM had a great game plan. But Manny was also reckless. It was nearly all over for JMM in the previous round

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Delighted.

Lets be honest, Marquez should now be 4-0 or at least 3-1 against Pacquiao now.

What a KO :eek:

• Advertisement

T-K-O wrote: »
    I dont think he was lulled into it, he needed to be the aggressor. That's his style and it was working...kinda
    JMM had a great game plan. But Manny was also reckless. It was nearly all over for JMM in the previous round

Had the fight gone on another couple of rounds Marquez would certainly have been in trouble. Not only was he taking a lot, he wasn't looking particularly sharp or quick and I have my doubts that he'd have been able to adjust to his traditional style.

Manny didn't adjust either though. He was winning the fight and he took an unnecessary risk. Something Freddie Roach must be getting used to seeing in his fighters lately.

Advertisement