Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pacman Marquez 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 vision267

clubwelly wrote: »
    Sorry if there's another thread on this one already.
    Really looking forward this one. If anyone's looking for the links to 24/7 here ya go:

Episode 1
    http://youtu.be/zh4P8E-4210

Episode 2
    http://youtu.be/zdv1h_XJ-Gs

Episode 3
    http://sosoboxing.com/boxing-video-watch-online/hbo-247-pacquaio-vs-marquez-4-iv-episode-3/

There's some of the previous fights in full on the HBOsports youtube page
    http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCWPQB43yGKEum3eW0P9N_nQ
    Excellent really enjoyed that, need episode 4 NOW!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Henno30

A lot of people picking Marquez for this one. A lot of people picking against Pacquiao for the first time since Morales I.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

Really looking forward to this. Marquez looks in top top shape, quality punch at 34 seconds in this sparring video for those that haven't seen it!

Marquez is in unbelievable shape, suspiciously good shape considering who his conditioning trainer is but that's another matter.

I find it hard to see this fight being too dissimilar to what's gone before. Manny's incredible athleticism is what bridged the vast chasm of difference in technical skill between he and Marquez in the past. Unfortunately his athleticism appears to be in irreversible decline. Fundamental technique on the other hand, tends to hold up pretty well with age.

Marquez has clearly put a lot of effort into developing a legitimate welterweight physique in the hope that he can trade with Pacquiao with less fear of getting put on the floor. If that works out for him, and he does find he can take Manny's power reasonably well, then it's hard to see how Manny can beat him.

Should be a good fight as usual, at this point I'm thinking Marquez 8-4.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,705 ✭✭✭✭walshb

This will most likey be another close fight. Very difficult to separate the guys. Juan isn't aggressive enough to really clear cut win, so it looks like he'll have to hope for a close win. Manny won't play into Juan's hands if Manny finds that he is being countered too easily. He may let Juan lead, which Juan isn't as natural and at ease in doing. Could Manny be the counter puncher this time, and with greater effect?

As to rds scoring. If most or all rds are close/difficult to score there will be polarized scores. 8-4 in one man's eyes and the reverse in another man's eyes etc.

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    This will most likey be another close fight., Very difficult to separate the guys. Juan isn't aggressive enough to really clear cut win, so it looks like he'll have to hope for a close win. Manny won't play into Juan's hands if Manny finds that he is being countered too easily. He may let Juan lead, which Juan isn't as natural and at ease in doing. Could Manny be the counter puncher this time, and with greater effect?

I think Pacquiao will eventually get frustrated with that kind of a fight and resort to type. He really only knows how to do one thing, and that's attack.

The other thing is that listening to everything Roach has been saying since the build-up to the fight began, I don't think they have any idea what to do beyond trying to be more aggressive. You could dismiss that as Freddie just playing the media game, but when you think back to the round breaks in last year's fight, Roach had absolutely nothing to offer Manny by way of advice as the fight was going away from them. All he could say was "you've got to try knock this guy out."

The key, as you've alluded to, is JMM's capacity for greater aggression. If the extra conditioning work gives him that, maybe he can really separate himself from Manny this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

don't be paying for it plenty of places on boards for free

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭supackofidiots

Hope Manny wins, not that it matters. The fight against The GOAT won't happen ever, fights against canelo and ghost guerrero lined up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Anybody know what time this fight is due to start at??

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Anybody know what time this fight is due to start at??

Probably around 4am Irish time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

quick question what date and is it on sky sports 1,2 or 3 or is it box office?

havent followed manny since the margarito fight, is 5/2 on him winning by TKO/KO good value?

Deco99 wrote: »
    quick question what date and is it on sky sports 1,2 or 3 or is it box office?

I believe it's on Primetime.

http://www.primetimeboxing.co.uk/

Dec 8th. Early hrs of Sunday Dec 9th here in Ireland

Live from Las Vegas

So, expect it at 0500-0600 hrs Sunday morning.

Manny due to earn 25 million and Marquez 3 million for their clash. Add in PPV and Manny could top 30 and Marquez a bit more than 3 million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Neither Manny or Floyd are keen to fight in my opinion. Theres probably a gentleman's agreement to fight when both are on their last legs, screw the fans wishes for a competitive fight. They will earn as much money as they can until they both fight and by that stage it will be when both are even further by their sell by date than they are now.

All the blame game from either side is posturning, they both are probably having a good laugh at it. They will cash out with a showdown and spin it as still being a relevant fight, despite their advanced years.

Boxing has an uncanny way of conning fans like no other sport could.

Money has two dates in 2013, May 4th and September 13th as fight dates. No opponents named. I expect Guerrero will be May 4th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Money has two dates in 2013, May 4th and September 13th as fight dates. No opponents named. I expect Guerrero will be May 4th.

Canelo would be the obvious choice for the May date . The weekend that it is would mean it would do over 1.4millions in PPV's

Manny due to earn 25 million and Marquez 3 million for their clash. Add in PPV and Manny could top 30 and Marquez a bit more than 3 million.

According to Arum.

TheNap wrote: »
    Canelo would be the obvious choice for the May date . The weekend that it is would mean it would do over 1.4millions in PPV's

Mexican independence weekend is big as well though.

It also sounds like Schaefer's going to try sell a Canelo-Cotto fight for May, despite Cotto's defeat. They certainly don't look like they've any intention of matching Canelo with Trout.

No way Floyd risks the 0 against a 154 lb Canelo. No way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

Agreed. He will never fight Canelo at 154. Also, Canelo won't fight below 154. Therefore I don't ever see them meeting. Also, Canelo would beat Floyd at 154 IMO.

Have my doubts about it as well. Seeing how easily Trout got on top of Cotto might be making him reconsider this whole LMW adventure too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭endswell

gene think it was u, can u find that post of yours with all dates of pre-xmas fights. plenty on at moment, tks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

This will be his swan song, I think it will be over in 4 rounds.

endswell wrote: »
    gene think it was u, can u find that post of yours with all dates of pre-xmas fights. plenty on at moment, tks

I always have it ready. :D These are the ones I'll be paying attention to:

December 8
    Pac vs Marquez
    Kessler vs Magee
    Darren Barker vs Kerry Hope
    Degale vs Zuniga
    Vazquez vs Gesta
    Hyland vs Fortuna
    Gamboa vs Farenas
    Bryant Jennings vs Tupou

December 15
    Donaire vs Arce
    Khan vs Molina
    Rigo vs Poonsawat
    Arreola vs Stiverne
    Abraham vs Bouadla
    George Groves vs Glen Johnson
    Ricky Burns vs Ocampo
    Deontay Wilder vs Kelvin Price
    Angulo vs Silva
    Shawn porter vs Diaz

December 22
    Adamez vs Cunningham
    Hamer vs Glazkov

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Rooting for Marquez in this 100% hope he gets the official W he deserves, no BS. Good weekend for fights

I always have it ready. :D These are the ones I'll be paying attention to:

December 8
    Pac vs Marquez
    Kessler vs Magee
    Darren Barker vs Kerry Hope
    Degale vs Zuniga
    Vazquez vs Gesta
    Hyland vs Fortuna
    Gamboa vs Farenas
    Bryant Jennings vs Tupou

December 15
    Donaire vs Arce
    Khan vs Molina
    Rigo vs Poonsawat
    Arreola vs Stiverne
    Abraham vs Bouadla
    George Groves vs Glen Johnson
    Ricky Burns vs Ocampo
    Deontay Wilder vs Kelvin Price
    Angulo vs Silva
    Shawn porter vs Diaz

December 22
    Adamez vs Cunningham
    Hamer vs Glazkov

Begging for a big win accumulator.

Begging for a big win accumulator.

29bo8wm.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭supackofidiots

I think the King takes Canelo fairly easily.
    Canelo is overrated, never been tested.

Weigh-in being streamed live from www.toprank.com at the moment.

Marquez weighs in at 143, Pacquiao at 147.

• Advertisement

pm1fw.png

Advertisement