Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Anyone think Dead Space 3 and Bioshock 3 will be on the WiiU?

I bought bioshock 2 many years ago and still haven't played it lol.

I'm not too bothered about the ports (A WiiU version of Deus Ex, making use of the controller would be great, as long as it wasn't a rehash of the existing version), I would rather get some great non multi format games.

I did buy Mass Effect 3 (yes I could have bought the whole series for the PS3, but I prefer my WiiU) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

I have mine now. The controller feels nice, it's a good dpad and the buttons feel good. I'm still disappointed the triggers aren't analog.

Played some of Nintendoland and I like it. ZombiU as well but I've only played that for a couple of hours. Still waiting on my copy of NSMB to arrive in the post and that's the main game I want to play since I always love Mario.

I didn't mind the day one update, I expect those nowadays as the software is always changing, although it took a little long to install for 1GB. The update for Nintendoland took ages to download as well and that I didn't expect.

Of the other features, the browser works really well and is the better way to view youtube videos. Miiverse has potential. The OS is a little slow to move between different apps.

Overall happy with it and think it has lots of potential.

I've got a WII U on pre order but I'm unsure if I want one now. I just realised that the two games I really want (Mario and Sonic) is only one game because Sonic is available on the 360.

I'm only interested in Nintendo games that aren't available on other consoles otherwise with my xbox, I don't see the point in picking one up.

Any advice/tips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I've got a WII U on pre order but I'm unsure if I want one now. I just realised that the two games I really want (Mario and Sonic) is only one game because Sonic is available on the 360.

I'm only interested in Nintendo games that aren't available on other consoles otherwise with my xbox, I don't see the point in picking one up.

Any advice/tips?

All the best wii u games will start coming out next year

Lego city uncover
    Wonderful 101
    Pikmin 3
    Bayonetta 2
    Monster hunter

Thats just announced for now

Prob be more announced tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Sonic Racing on the Wii U looks really good too and can do 5 player.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

DinoRex wrote: »
    Sonic Racing on the Wii U looks really good too and can do 5 player.

It's pretty nifty on the gamepad too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Just a Heads Up people there's a new system update,I'm sure you may already
    know(if you are using your Wii U at this early hour of the morning).There's
    not much info on the update,right now.
    Version 2.1.0 U available via wireless internet connection includes the following improvements:

Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
    But Here's a link
    to the info regarding the update from the US Nintendo Wii u Support site.

I've only started the download a few minutes ago,but it seems to be downloading
    a bit quicker than the first update.Considering at this time the
    update has only been released in the last hour or two,I'm sure lots of U.S. Wii
    U owners are hitting the servers at the moment.....

Oh and here is maybe an important quote from the link I provided above....
    If you have downloaded the previous system update (before December 4) and are now downloading the latest update:

If your system is connected to the Internet, it will automatically download the system update in the background,
    which allows you to use your system while the update is downloading. You can check the status of the new download through the Download Manager screen. (How To)
    That might help some of you out.

With nearly a week already having a wiiu all i can say is i am extremely happy.
    No dig at Sony or Microsoft but with the wii u miiverse Nintendo actually got it right.

Being a Sony User since 1998 and got a ps3 xmas 2007 i found it quite annoying receiving messages and listening to idiots online being racist , Assholes and having kids saying Fcuk every two seconds playing a videogame.

With the miiverse i was quite shocked that there is actual civil people discussing , helping people with a game they are playing .

This is what i wanted , just to play a videogame i love to play and people respecting each other online. My first 5 days is better than my 5 years as a ps3 user.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So has anyone who downloaded the latest update noticed any difference?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So has anyone who downloaded the latest update noticed any difference?

Things seem to be running faster and having experienced no crashes yet

• Advertisement

Cool! Yeah I heard they fixed the freezing glitch at least. So getting to menus faster and all as well?

Cool! Yeah I heard they fixed the freezing glitch at least. So getting to menus faster and all as well?

Seems to be as far as it looks

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ryanmatty

Just downloaded the update in the last hour. It was much quicker than the first one.

Overall im very happy with the system. Have been playing a lot of zombiU and i must say that its better than some of the reviews are saying about it.

Mario is still as good as when i had it on the NES its just pure addictive once you start playing it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

andre2010 wrote: »
    This can be controlled on both gamepad and tv, there is a button on the top right corner of the gamepad that will allow you to switch this between tv and gamepad depending on your preference.

Thanks for the reply, but it's not what I meant. Is it possible to control the WaraWara Plaza screen on the tv using the gamepad? and not just controlling what's on the gamepad screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Downloaded the 2nd patch yesterday. There still a pain in the ass to download, and the download always seems to fail at least a couple of times, but at least its pick where you left off when you kick it off again.

Now, to patch my little cousins console again, so she can play on it X-mas day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

In terms of availability is the Wii U easy to get? Remember what it was like when the Wii game out and that Xmas they were like gold dust!!

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

madmoe wrote: »
    In terms of availability is the Wii U easy to get? Remember what it was like when the Wii game out and that Xmas they were like gold dust!!

Cheers,
    M
    Think shops taking preorders for stock coming before santa

Yeah. I think there's another shipment due in before xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

DinoRex wrote: »
    Yeah. I think there's another shipment due in before xmas.

Thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 237 ✭✭andre2010

HMV and Gamestop are getting more. Your best best is HMV though. Im loving mine. Im very impressed by the Miiverse. But the gamepad is incredible, has to be seen to really appreciate it.

Havent done the update yet but Yesterday it took a good 30 seconds to load Mario on the inital load, which is the longest ive seen, its usually 10 seconds. Gonna buy ZombiU over the weekend, hope its good.

• Advertisement

andre2010 wrote: »
    Gonna buy ZombiU over the weekend, hope its good.

Haven't played too much of the single player yet, but the 2 player mode is crazy amounts of fun.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 237 ✭✭andre2010

Perfect, thanks Dinorex. looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jpt1980

Was going fine last night till about 11 o'clock, won't stay connected to Internet now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Yep Eurogamer tested it.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-12-07-nintendo-blocking-18-rated-wii-u-eshop-content-at-certain-times

It's weird and ridiculous; surely there's a better way to prevent access to minors. Also, why 11pm? At least have it the watershed time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Picked one up yesterday to see what the fuss is about!

Got super mario bros U and Sonic racing. So far I've seen about 2 hours of updates, on a 150Mb connection. But the gamepad is cool. I like how you can play games on it without the tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Thats fairly shocking, terrible system to have in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Just picked mine up from the local Parcel Motel.

The update keeps failing on me... thought it was my home wifi so changed encryption and channels but it keeps failing.

Why oh why can't they just let you update via USB? This thing is sitting here taunting me with it's silly elevator music...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Do the Nintendo e-shop cards you buy in shops work with the WiiU? like the 15 euro ones for example?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭Nollog

Corholio wrote: »
    Do the Nintendo e-shop cards you buy in shops work with the WiiU? like the 15 euro ones for example?

If they have € values on them, yes.
    Wii Point cards will not.

Advertisement