Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

wtlltw wrote: »

I died at the very beginning of the game. Lol

None of this ease you in gently stuff, a horde comes straight after you at speed and dragged me off the ladder. I was looking at the control pad thinking WTF

Ha, same here. I was also a bit unsure after the mixed reviews - in the end i only got this pack because of the pro controller (which i haven't even plugged in yet) - but it's brilliant so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Anyone else have trouble connecting to a UPC router?

Just keeps failing on me. Can make it connect to the personal hotspot on my iPhone so the wifi isn't broken on the thing.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

DinoRex wrote: »
    Yep! Exact same issue here - can't connect to the UPC router at all. Keeps failing.
    What to do? Can't download the firmware update now unless I go via a phone, which is a bit daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

DinoRex wrote: »

Just keeps failing on me. Can make it connect to the personal hotspot on my iPhone so the wifi isn't broken on the thing.

Check the other WiiU thread. Someone had a problem there but got it fixed.

Wonder what makes the UPC router stupid... thought it was standard WPA for the password.

I suppose I could uplink another router into it and see if that works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Stuck watching the LLS toy show. I wish I had a Wii U. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭LauraW7746

ixoy wrote: »
    Yep! Exact same issue here - can't connect to the UPC router at all. Keeps failing.
    What to do? Can't download the firmware update now unless I go via a phone, which is a bit daft.
    Exact same thing happened to me check the other thread and put in the settings I entered should work then took me 4 hours to get it sorted!

Mr E wrote: »

If it's any consolation, I technically have one and am still stuck watching the toy show.

Just sorted out the UPC issue now. Thanks guys.

Holy sh*t! That is going to cause utter chaos on xmas morning for A LOT of people.

wtlltw wrote: »

I died at the very beginning of the game. Lol

None of this ease you in gently stuff, a horde comes straight after you at speed and dragged me off the ladder. I was looking at the control pad thinking WTF
    Same here lol I actually screamed - I know I'm such a girl! - I didn't die though haha. Not long into it.

Does it save automatically or do you have to go back to safe house every time you need to save?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

ZombiU is frackin hard! I have died several times already, decided to leave it be when i died twice in a row at the same bit... Also picked up NSMB which is decent...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Check the other WiiU thread. Someone had a problem there but got it fixed.
    This worked perfectly - thanks for the pointer!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Mr E wrote: »

Open invitation for you to come watch me play mine :D

Heads up for anyone waiting til Christmas check box for everything thats meant to be in it!!!

Ok so gamestop manager who I first thought was rude is a gent looked after me with zombi u!!! I love him now lol!!!

Guys I store reckon wii u was way too slack planning by Nintendo!! Apparently loads of amazon customers were left without nintendoland my problem was similar but the first complaint they had!!!

Add me HUGEBASHER

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Anybody know how to get sites like Rte and Facebook to come up in regular version instead of mobile version in the wii u browser?

Heads up for anyone waiting til Christmas check box for everything thats meant to be in it!!!

Ok so gamestop manager who I first thought was rude is a gent looked after me with zombi u!!! I love him now lol!!!

Guys I store reckon wii u was way too slack planning by Nintendo!! Apparently loads of amazon customers were left without nintendoland my problem was similar but the first complaint they had!!!

Add me HUGEBASHER

Nice one, glad that worked out.

There does seem to have been an awful lot of problems with this launch. Dont remember anything like this with the wii when it came out. Between the pricing, availability, system update, midnight launches etc. Hell, I still would've preffered a white one.

Delighted with it all the same. Except the single player games on nintendoland. They make wii play look good.

Is nintendoland worth the full price?? Wanna get it but just can't justify it lol

Is nintendoland worth the full price?? Wanna get it but just can't justify it lol

It's too early to say, i haven't tried any multiplayer yet. The zelda and metroid games are really very good, but the strictly solo games are pretty rubbish. Put it this way, right now, i believe i should have got nsmbu instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

If you have people to play with then go for it but for a solo experience its not worth it , im trying to get rid of it already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

When ya transfer your wii stuff to the wiiu you get the best downloading screen ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

When ya transfer your wii stuff to the wiiu you get the best downloading screen ever

You mean this ;)
    Spoiler Alert : For those of you who want to experience it firsthand....

Since I am new to the whole wii thing, can anyone tell me how I can buy the old nes games etc? Will wii u have it's own dedicated shop for oldie games at some stage? I have tried to access the wii menu to see if theres an eshop on that but I don't have a wii remote so can't :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Early impressions so far:

Miiverse is great and more addictive than you might imagine.
    Gamepad latency is incredible.
    Internet Browser is great and has some great touches, like watching Youtube on the tv while at the same time browsing online on the gamepad.
    The Gamepad is a fantastic piece of kit, everything from just holding it, interaction with the tv and the quality of the screen just feels right. It has so much potential.
    Loading times when switching to different sections on the Wii Menu can take upto 10-12 seconds, so that might frustrate some.
    Having a social interaction thats not either Twitter or Facebook is actually quite refreshing.
    The batttery life may frustrate the hardcore gamers, especially when quest games like Zelda or Mario are out, as they can be hard to put down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Quick question lads and lasses.

Is Nintendoland included in the Zombie U Console bundle?

moz wrote: »
    Quick question lads and lasses.

Is Nintendoland included in the Zombie U Console bundle?

Nope, the higher price is mostly for the pro controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Nope, the higher price is mostly for the pro controller.

Ta,
    Which begs the question, why would one need a Pro Controller?

moz wrote: »
    Ta,
    Which begs the question, why would one need a Pro Controller?

Bayonetta 2!!

Also it can be used for ZombiU multiplayer

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

Anyone figure out the "Me as a Zombie" thing? I took my zombie pics and pressed download but i can't figure out where it downloaded them to or how to retrieve them...

Anyone figure out the "Me as a Zombie" thing? I took my zombie pics and pressed download but i can't figure out where it downloaded them to or how to retrieve them...

Hmm. Not sure what to do about that, but i will say making myself into a zombie was way more fun than i though it would be!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

How's the battery life on the controller?

Advertisement