Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 237 ✭✭andre2010

Was in HMV yesterday, in the Square tallaght, they had loads of deluxe in stock, and zombiu packs if anyone needs, give them a call.

On the other hand. I did the second update. well it did it for me in the background, i didnt know, then it forced me to update it, no option not to. It took forever to do the simple install, not the download, but the install bit took forever.

Ive noticed no difference, menus still take a while to load, games are the same, and ive noticed that i cannot bring my gamepad into my room anymore without it losing signal, this didnt happen before the update. The console wasnt moved, nothing was moved to obstruct it, but it still loses connection, stupid update. Beginning to lose faith in this thing rapidly.

When are we going to see a third party signal extendor, like a plug or something, first one on the market will make a fortune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

/\/ollog wrote: »
    If they have € values on them, yes.
    Wii Point cards will not.

So UK purchased eshop cards won't work?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

No, it'd be the same as trying to buy things using sterling here. You'd get nowhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

near my second week owning a wii u my thoughts took a slight turn to negative.

the wii u tablet controller is not as great as i thought.

its takes away the experience playing games looking at the controller while trying to focus at the tv , its really a chore to do.

also the battery on the controller is an abysmal , i could of swore after a full charge the battery will last only an hour.

and i can see my electricity bill go up having the console , tv on while charging the controller with the plug.

its a small knock but it seems its novelty with the controller and worn out on me , but i bought the system for its exclusives not for its hardware

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

It's supposed to be significantly more power efficient when compared to the 360 and PS3.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-wii-u-is-the-green-console

I'm finding I get about 4 hours out of my gamepad so battery life really hasn't been an issue. Wish there was a way to put the screen to sleep when you're just watching Netflix or YouTube, there isn't a way is there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

near my second week owning a wii u my thoughts took a slight turn to negative.

the wii u tablet controller is not as great as i thought.

its takes away the experience playing games looking at the controller while trying to focus at the tv , its really a chore to do.

also the battery on the controller is an abysmal , i could of swore after a full charge the battery will last only an hour.

and i can see my electricity bill go up having the console , tv on while charging the controller with the plug.

its a small knock but it seems its novelty with the controller and worn out on me , but i bought the system for its exclusives not for its hardware

This is why I'll be buying a pro controller when I get paid again... the other controller will be handy to have though when the missus wants to use the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

The pro controller is pretty horrible. The buttons are too far away from the stick. The 'Y' button might as well be on the other side of the country. Gamepad is much more comfortable to use.

Hey if you're not using yours I know a bloke with two thumbs that'll buy that sucker off you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 237 ✭✭andre2010

Im actually getting annoyed of mine also. The gamepad is great, but the battery sucks. The updates are horrendous. It just seemed rushed to the market and first adopters are the ones paying the price for it. Also playing COD on the gamepad is really annoying. I want the vibrate function like the PS3 or 360 has, but instead the bloody thing vibrates everytime you shoot a weapon. its either on or totally off. it sucks. and with nothing else coming out soon, i may have to sell it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

andre2010 wrote: »
    and with nothing else coming out soon, i may have to sell it.

Nintendo consoles of late are like a very fine wine....they need a lot of time to shine. Early adopters always pay the price too, but hey look at it this way...you could have bought a Vita ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I plan on picking up Mario Bros U this weekend. Does anybody know if its readily available & what the cheapest store to buy it in is?

I plan on picking up Mario Bros U this weekend. Does anybody know if its readily available & what the cheapest store to buy it in is?
    Smythe is the cheapest I've seen it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

the rayman legends demo is up now

have it all ready to go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

YAY!!! My Wii U came int he post last night!

But jaysus that update took forever, and then MarioU update too.
    So only got a littel look in from 10pm. The gamepad is deadly!
    It looks cool beside my Wii, makes the Phatbox look so fugly lol.

Wonder if MS will bring out a super slimmed down 360? Would get it to match my Wii & WiiU.

Will look at everything tonight on the WiiU, bit confused on Miiverse and stuff, anyone any cool advice or tips on the new system yet?

any cool advice or tips on the new system yet?
    Add me, my network ID is MrVestek. :P

Also don't try messing with homebrew on the Wii Mode just yet... I managed to totally brick my virtual Wii mode doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

not long now, Christmas Day is fast approaching and I have Zombie u, Blobs2 and Mass Effect 3 waiting........... tick tock tick tock

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Achilles wrote: »
    Add me, my network ID is MrVestek. :P

Also don't try messing with homebrew on the Wii Mode just yet... I managed to totally brick my virtual Wii mode doing that.

Oh I wont be hacking the U after paying so much for it! I have my hacked Wii so thats grand.
    I add you tonight.

Is there a list on boards of Network ID's?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Is there a list on boards of Network ID's?
    It's (sort of) hidden in the thread "Boards.ie official Nintendo gaming clan"
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056820504

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Just finished reading through the thread. I hate you all and hope you have power cuts when applying an update. ;)

Will finally get to set mine up on Monday!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Got Nintendoland today, full price.. as I bought the basic console last week, no deluxe to be had. :/

Have to say I think it's pretty pants to be honest. Multiplayer is the only craic to be had and you can't always have people over to play either.

The 'augmented reality' style camera mode is a serious pain, it's a total gimmick - for this title at least - and I wish there was a way to turn it off and just use the analog stick instead. The virtual assistants voice is one of those awful speech synthesisers and impossible to hear what she said. Overall it's just another series of mini games - yawn. Serious case of buyers remorse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

funkyflea wrote: »
    Serious case of buyers remorse!

No wonder, if Nintendoland is your only 'game'. Wait until you try a few actual games before admitting defeat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

EnterNow wrote: »
    No wonder, if Nintendoland is your only 'game'. Wait until you try a few actual games before admitting defeat :)

No it's not my only game, I've got NSMBU and Sonic racing, they're both quite good actually. The buyers remorse was isolated to Nintendoland only..

Going to trade it in for ZombiU or something I think..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Rayman demo is available to download since Thursday I think. Absolutely beautiful game, demo allows you to try 3 stages too. Clever use of the gamepad, especially for 'Murphy' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Corholio wrote: »
    Rayman demo is available to download since Thursday I think. Absolutely beautiful game, demo allows you to try 3 stages too. Clever use of the gamepad, especially for 'Murphy' :pac:

I only noticed today that there's a WiiU demo unit in Smyths in Galway, had a go of the console for the first time and tried the Rayman demo. The GamePad is bigger than I imagined somehow, it's a nice piece of kit.

Couldn't stop laughing at the 'Black Betty' level in the Rayman demo. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Say there was one coming in a abouts a weeks time, what would one set up before the big date?

I know there is a the day one patch.

But do games need updates too? NSMBU, Nintendoland and Sonic racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Say there was one coming in a abouts a weeks time, what would one set up before the big date?

I know there is a the day one patch.

But do games need updates too? NSMBU, Nintendoland and Sonic racing.

They need updates too.

Because of an apparent Youtube update, Youtube has stopped working in the Nintendo browser. All you get is a black image where the video is with no buttons. There is a workaround though, not ideal but ok until hopefully they resolve it, because Youtube on the browser is fantastic, much better than that muck of an app that comes with the Wii U.

The workaround is: In the video address where it says 'watch?v=', replace that with 'embed/', and it will work. As I said not ideal but hopefully Youtube sort it out.

• Advertisement

I've found the youtube update causing me issues when trying to watch videos in Chrome too!

Advertisement